Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What soap characters would you axe?

Options
  • 22-11-2020 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭

Fair City
    Lee and Darragh Collins. Pair just does nothing for me.
    Coronation Street
    Craig here. I could never take him seriously since he joined the police.
    Emmerdale
    Probably some fan favorites here but Aaron would certainly get the chop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Coronation Street: Job for Life Sean. I can't think of anything other than he annoys the tits off me. Paul purely because I believe he was shoe-horned into being gay as a handy way out rather than bring someone else in. He is always angry and snarling like a neutered pit-bull. Can't buy him and the vicar. Put Todd back with the vicar.

Fizz.... Well!

The Baileys... Especially Michael. He makes my teeth itch. Said before he never keeps still. He's like a crack addict with ADHD. Let their roof cave in on the father and 2 sons as they fix the banister but leave Mrs.Tembe... For now.

Emmerdale: Mandy & Paul. Can't stand this incarnation of her. Let Reece Dinsdale write only and write himself out. Keep Vinny.

Chas... I've grown to really dislike her. Seems to always have a face on her like a cow licking piss off a thistle. Treats poor Paddy like sh1te.

Rishi... So pointless I forgot he existed until tonight. I'm not sure anyone would notice if he disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Sparko

Fair City
    Bosco top of my list. He is a terrible actor and irritating character.

Coronation Street
    Kirk and Beth, maybe Craig
    Chesney and Gemma and all the kids

Fiz is headwrecking but I like Tyrone and the kids so I'll give her a pass.

I like Toyah but they need to use her a lot better. I'm on the fence with the Baileys, the dad is very much in the Dev school of acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mcgragger

Fair City
    Coronation Street
    Emmerdale

All of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Fair City:
    -Bosco ; quite possibly the worst soap character of all-time

Emmerdale:
    -Mandy & Paul ; have to agree with Lennox above, just can't bear them, but yeah keep Vinny

Eastenders
    -Kat Slater ; never understood the love people have for her, she always drove me mad
    -Kim Fox ; I was really hoping she wouldn't come back, always found her very over the top

Hollyoaks
    -Warren Fox ; they keep bringing him back as if he's the greatest character to have ever graced the show with his presence, never liked him
    -Edward Hutchinson ; liked the idea of them extending Tony's family, but Edward bores me to tears, terrible villain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Emmerdale...
    Paddy. ....worse when Marlon is around..dumber and dumber...

Fair city..

Bella.....no real reason, just he's past his best...

Corrie..
    Any or all of the gays......:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Emmerdale...
    Paddy. ....worse when Marlon is around..dumber and dumber...

Fair city..

Bella.....no real reason, just he's past his best...

Corrie..
    Any or all of the gays......:P

Paddy and Marlon do nothing for me either. If you follow the soap groups on Facebook the fans are very protective of certain characters.

Paul in Corrie is basically Arron from Emmerdale Mrk 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Coronation Street 1000% Fiz

Fair City 1000% Mairead and Phoebe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Corro- Daniel, never lied the look of him. He looks so shifty and sly. Maybe if he was a villain it would work better.

Peter and Carla, a pair of really wooden, 2d actors.
    Little Sam. Ed Bailey. Paul, Gemma and her mother all annoy the crap out of me

Emmerdale- Mandy and Paul for sure. Always going on about riding but they are the least convincing screen couple in years.

Vicar, Will and Dawn, they are taking over the bulk of the show with their boring storylines- sod off.
    Laurel, a whinging drip. Dan, same.

I forgot Nick from Corro. His acting ability make Carla and Peter look like Vanessa Redgrave and John Hurt.
    And Nina the goth. She is such a pointless character. Soaps went through a phase of having a goth character about 10 years ago. Why has one popped up again now? Seemingly just so people can make coffin and living dead jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Levi in Neighbours.

• Advertisement

Emmerdale
    Harriet....bored with her now, Marlon, Priya,

Corrie
    Paul,Todd ,BillyKirk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Emmerdale - Charity and Debbie, Moira, Harriet and her extended family, Rishi, Laurel, especially Laurel.

Neighbours - Karl and Susan, Nicolette, Kyle, Sheila, Bea

Corrie, Kevin, Sally.

Don't watch EE but Sharon would get the biggest boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Fair City
    Coronation Street
    Emmerdale

I'd personally Axe the entire cast, writers, producers and anything remotely too do with Fairly Shi**y.

A program that's utter appalingness is only matched by the hideous Mrs Brown's Boys

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Corrie

Adam
    Peter
    Saĺly
    Abbie
    Carla
    David
    Shona
    Roy
    Ken
    Sean
    Simon
    Billy
    Paul
    Johnny
    Daniel
    Faye
    Alya
    Yasmen
    Izzy
    Craig
    Audrey
    Rita

And so on

I think Izzy is gone already. Even long before C19 she was very rarely making an appearance.

Dempo1 wrote: »

A program that's utter appalingness is only matched by the hideous Mrs Brown's Boys

Ah here....no comparison, at least you'll get a laugh on FC....

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Sparko wrote: »
    Fair City
    Bosco top of my list. He is a terrible actor and irritating character.

Coronation Street
    Kirk and Beth, maybe Craig
    Chesney and Gemma and all the kids

Fiz is headwrecking but I like Tyrone and the kids so I'll give her a pass.

I like Toyah but they need to use her a lot better. I'm on the fence with the Baileys, the dad is very much in the Dev school of acting.

Definitely Chesney, Gemma and all of their family. I have stopped watching since it was announced she was having triplets or whatever. I couldn't stand the shrieking. I am watching classic Corrie and Eastenders instead. Stopped watching Eastenders when they killed off Ronnie and Roxy. There are too many deaths now in the soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I think Izzy is gone already. Even long before C19 she was very rarely making an appearance.

Yes.
    Of those listed I wasn't actually sure if she even existed. I meant Fiz , Tyrone's partner. I don't really know who Izzy is or was. But well spotted!

bobbyss wrote: »
    Yes.
    Of those listed I wasn't actually sure if she even existed. I meant Fiz , Tyrone's partner. I don't really know who Izzy is or was. But well spotted!
    Izzy is the girl in the wheelchair who worked in Underworld. Her and son just vanished with no explanation before covid, She might have had health problems for a good while.

I would give Charity Dingle the axe, I used to like her but she is really annoying me now.
    This is the second time she was willing to let a relation go to jail so she could save her own skin. First a cousin, now her own son. Selfish cow :mad:

Also, the crime spree and belting the van driver round the head with the wrench, she could easily have killed him. I hate what they have done to her character.

• Advertisement

I'd certainly add Séan from Fair City to the list. His doesn't do much apart from hang around with all the older residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Fair City
    Vinny

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Home & Away:

Justin - he's such a whingebag, I can't bear him.
    Leah - since she coupled up with Justin, she's turned into an insufferable bore, maybe because it's the first time she's had a storyline in years - she was better suited to just serving the odd coffee in the diner.

Neighbours:

Levi - oh dear god in heaven, him practically begging Bea to not dump him...cop yourself on. (Glad Bea is gone too by the way, if she broke into song once more...aagh!!)
    Yashvi - another whiner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Carol Foley in Fair City. She has been dining off the whole Billy Meehan borefest for twenty years now. All of her her storylines are the exact same- meets a man who turns out to have some sort of connection to Meehan or gangland, falls out with him, blackmail and eventually the man leaves only to be replaced by another shortly afterwards. Boring and predictable is putting it mildly!

As well as that, she cant act to save her life. Lights up a fag, drinks wine and snarls at people over how hard she is. Fcuk me, she must have some pull up in RTE to get away with reading the same script for 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Top of the list is Gail from Corrie - well past her sell by date.
    Next in line is Bosco from Fair City - Brutal actor and terrible character

The Collins brothers in Fair City are still top of my list along with Sean all are fairly useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Neighbours - Chloe really annoying character, glad Nicolette is gone, pity she didn't take Jane with her too. Hendrix is annoying too and goody two shoes Harlow. Aaron too.

Home and Away - Tori can't stand her, always complaining, Mackenie and Bella both annoying characters.

Emmerdale - Aaron always miserable, Paddy and Chas not believable as a couple and have become really annoying and storylines not suited to their characters. Hopefully Vanessa stays away too.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Home & Away - the entire Parata clan, especially Chloe. Christian. Martha (she keeps disappearing anyway) Justin & Leah.

Neighbours - Melanie. Roxy. Kyle. Levi.

Fair City - Leo. Ray. Sash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Coronation Street: I think Craig because he hasn't really had big storylines for a while. Maybe the character is running out of road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement