Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***** Aspire Atlantis *****

• 11-11-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

I thought i would create a thread so we can post videos and information about the upcoming new sub-ohm clearo from Aspire.

I will start it off with three videos i have found thus far:

PBusardo's initial impressions: (from 2m56s):

todd ecigreviews initial impressions:

Suck my mod's initial impression:

Grim Green's thought's on the Atlantis:

http://www.grimmgreen.com/post/102171839048/the-new-aspire-atlantis-tank-its-good-i

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

It seems like it gonna be a killer clearomizer,just interested will any irish vendors will have it in stock any time soon,since release date is Nov 15th,so id imagine from couple weeks to 1 month.Guessing from the price it will be here around 55-65e.

Also batteries used in review are somewhat unavailable in Ireland,and prices on them are +100e,so wonder would devices such as vtr would be able to even fire it without killing battery in minutes.

In other words whole new setup will be needed-so something like new ibox 20-50wat with over 2000maH battery and atlantis maybe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

The prices are going to be much cheaper than that

The tank is around £27 / €38

The Aspire sub-ohm battery is around £28

The only Irish stockist i have seen is:

http://www.topecigarette.ie/electronic-cigarette-ireland-e-cigarette-ireland-e-cig-ireland-e-liquids-ireland-e-juice-ireland/286-aspire-atlantis.html?search_query=atlantis&results=1

I know nothing about these guys, but they have opened up a B&M here in Waterford

E-cig-reviews first impression:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TannerLothrop

Thanks for sharing out those videos..I will try to find some and share them out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I wouldn't bother with the sub ohm mod,but I am interested in the clearo,if anyone comes across a site with them in stock,please let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I've been trying to figure out how you charge that sub ohm battery, I think you screw off the top ring and then use a standard ego charger. Micro USB would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I wouldn't bother with the sub ohm mod,but I am interested in the clearo,if anyone comes across a site with them in stock,please let us know.

The site linked above has them in stock, I was in contact with them.

54kroc wrote: »

Thanks for that,I must check to see if they have the coils for sale as well,would be a bummer if one of the coils supplied was dead & have no replacements :eek::eek:

UK ECIG STORE's impressions

http://www.ukecigstore.com/aspire-atlantis-tank.html
    http://www.ukecigstore.com/aspire-cf-sub-battery.html

€87.87 (pre-order) second class signed for - free P+P (plus Parcel Motel cost) for the tank, 5 coils, and the sub-ohm battery if anyone is interested for a UK price.

It is around €12 P+P if you ship to ROI

I emailed them & they said it wii be 2 weeks when they will be in stock again.

• Advertisement

I emailed them & they said it wii be 2 weeks when they will be in stock again.

That's strange, here's what they told me
    "All items listed online are in stock.
    As soon as they re sold out they re deleted."

I just checked the link and it's still there?

That is nuts,I'll email them again using a different email & see what they say,someone there doesn't know whats going on or the staff are not communicating.

That is nuts,I'll email them again using a different email & see what they say,someone there doesn't know whats going on or the staff are not communicating.

Would you be able to pop into their shop and have a look?
    I should be in Lismore during the week so I might take a spin down to them if I have time.

I should be in Lismore during the week so I might take a spin down to them if I have time.

I'm sorry I can't get to the shop as it is 30 miles away from me.I will see what their response will be when they get my email,if they don't answer it,I'll give them a ring later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

E-Smoke Ireland will have it later this week, early next week they hope. It'll be interesting to see.

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    E-Smoke Ireland will have it later this week, early next week they hope. It'll be interesting to see.

and E-shop Waterford.who will be the cheapest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Anyone know when either of these tanks will be available through fasttech. Have a gift voucher for there and am interested in this sub ohm vaping without rebuildables. Also what would be a good battery to work these.

Anyone know when either of these tanks will be available through fasttech. Have a gift voucher for there and am interested in this sub ohm vaping without rebuildables. Also what would be a good battery to work these.

The battery that I would use is a 18650 30A or 35A Flat Top or Nipple Top from here & also in other sites http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/446-efest-purple-battery.html

I don't know when they will be available at FT,the only type of Clearo's I have bought from FT were iclear 30s & T3s & they were excellent

I called into that crowd in Waterford linked here and they said 2 weeks for the tank and they did not even know about the sub-ohm battery from Aspire :)

Some more videos:

Grim Green:

Tia Vapes:

Vapin Greek:

• Advertisement

Kinda gone off the idea of this thing now, I'd say the 2ml will only last an hour or so and filling it will be more awkward than dripping every few minutes. Plus the clouds from a bvc coil are already about 4 times what I used to get from a cig.

I'll probably get one for novelty value but I can't see it being much use day to day.

The tank size is pretty small alright Griff, but hopefully a larger tank will be released.

I am still new to Vaping so for me the excitement is blowing clouds without going down the rebuildable route :pac:.

I am still waiting for a proper Pbusardo review first however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

EGriff wrote: »
    Kinda gone off the idea of this thing now, I'd say the 2ml will only last an hour or so and filling it will be more awkward than dripping every few minutes. Plus the clouds from a bvc coil are already about 4 times what I used to get from a cig.

I'll probably get one for novelty value but I can't see it being much use day to day.

I picked up my itaste v3 for the first time in ages, with a kanger t3d.

Set it to 10 watts and it was really good.

I think sometimes we get carried away with new stuff.

e-smokeireland have them in stock.

Put in an order for the tank and the sub-ohm battery.

Pretty honest review from igetcha69

The Aspire Atlantis - HD Slideshow + Head Breakdown (pauly meatballs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think it looks really good (aesthetically) - it looks class on the iStick but I'm not into replaceable heads anymore - it's all about rebuildables.

Gotta love P Busardo though, what a champ!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think it looks really good (aesthetically) - it looks class on the iStick but I'm not into replaceable heads anymore - it's all about rebuildables.

Will it work safely on an I stick.

Absolutely! No probs.

I think I'll wait for the next version,it might have a bigger tank.
    2ml of juice will only last a few hours,you will need to carry a bottle around if you go out,that is the only downside to this device.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Absolutely! No probs.

The iStick won't fire a coil below 1 Ohm as far as I know so I don't think it will work.

:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I think you can get 1 ohm coils for the Atlantis, which the iStick should work with....That's if the coils are actually 1 ohm and not -0.1 off.

Mine just arrived there now :D

I love the way vaping products come out so fast. We all heard about this thing maybe 3 weeks ago and people already have them in their hands. In any other industry you'd be waiting months after something was announced.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

It's a beast. I've never dripped so can't make any comparisons there, but I'm really impressed with the build quality and flavour. Can't see the juice lasting long in the 2ml tank. Can literally see it disappearing as you use it.

They will hopefully release higher ohm coils but for now AFAIK they are just 0.5

• Advertisement

moonboy52 wrote: »
    They will hopefully release higher ohm coils but for now AFAIK they are just 0.5

Would it not just be easier use a nautilus if they released higher ohm coils.

Would it not just be easier use a nautilus if they released higher ohm coils.

The huge airflow and size of the coil probably have as much affect on the vapor as the low resistance so the nautilius will never blow clouds like this thing.

A 1 ohm coil wouldn't be great on a mech mod but on a regulated box mod that can push high watts you would still get great results.

My Atlantis & battery arrived today. Sorted until the new year :)

ihSd29s.jpg?1

Damn son, the Atlantis is some step up from the Nautilus range.

My first time doing proper lung hits and as igetcha69 siad in his review it is not meant for mouth to lung really.

It most certainly chucks out the vape though :) with good flavour.

Mouth to lung suits me more but i will keep persevering :P

e-smokeireland have the coils in stock. €3.50 a pop.

• Advertisement

How to add more than 2ml of juice to the hungry beast...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ1HOUUA9EQ&list=UUmNHJHblw8D-XjOzBDe8J7w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Did anyone get the Aspire sub ohm battery for this tank?

I'm wondering if there's much of difference between it and decent mod at a higher wattage?

I cant seem to find what wattage the aspire battery vapes to?

It starts at 4.2V when fully charged and fades down to 3.2V I think before it needs to be charged. So pretty much like a mech except it has protection so you don't damage the battery by letting the voltage drop too low.

Something regulated would be a lot better IMO but it would need to do 30 watts at least.

Trond wrote: »
    Did anyone get the Aspire sub ohm battery for this tank?

I'm wondering if there's much of difference between it and decent mod at a higher wattage?

I cant seem to find what wattage the aspire battery vapes to?

I could be wrong here, but when fully charged the 4.2V equals around 30w-35w. I use it sparingly but the battery lasted me a few days, and even when it was nearly drained gave me a nice amount of vapour.

Cheers gents. Think I'll both the battery and the tank to my pile!

Shinitus is a feicin expensive condition!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

moonboy52 wrote: »
    My Atlantis & battery arrived today. Sorted until the new year :)

ihSd29s.jpg?1

What battery are you using with your Atlantis. Looks great cant find a good looking 510

Aspire's sub-ohm one that they just released

Not easy to use this beast in the cold. Nearly blew my own head off out and about it town today!

I must say Aspire has went down a notch in my estimation of them, what with them claiming it is 100% stainless steel but really a chromed brass chimney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I'll be getting Kanger one instead, because it looks awesome and its rebuildable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement