Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(How about a thread on the) Best Starter Kits?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Totally agree, as I said yesterday VV is overkill for someone new to vaping

I tried e-cigarettes about four years ago (actually posted early on in the 'original e-cigarette' thread). I got fed up of the leaky carts and mouthfulls of liquid. After talking with a friend recently and seeing his setup, I realised things had come a long way. I bought two starter kits from two different Irish vendors. Both had vv batteries and I'm delighted with them - I think it is a great feature and makes a big difference to me. That said, I would happily sacrifice that to have a cheaper starter kit - 20 to 25 euro - that I could recommend to people. One battery, one decent quality clearo, 10ml sample of a popular liquid, usb charger (forget the three pin plug thing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Whatever works is cool. I personally didn't use the vv but that was just me and I might be in the minority. I don't regret it or anything, just didn't get much benefit myself. Don't want to dissuade anyone, and the way this thread went...;)

But the battery's probably not the important thing? The clearos/carts/tanks probably are? When someone's telling me their 24mg juice isn't strong enough for them and they want higher, I (usually correctly) assume they have one of those ce4s. I give them a blast of my 12mg, from what most users here would consider very basic clearos (I've only used evods and both tcc and bcc Jantys) and they're blown away.

They often fight my advice to buy a better clearo, trying to say it's the flavour of the juice etc. Weird. It would be almost worth carrying around an empty ce4 to pour some juice in and show them the difference a decent clearomizer makes straight away.

Tempted to start using my twist again now to see if I can get some worth out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

I completely agree. From the point of view of starter kits, and giving someone the best value introduction to electronic cigarettes, the clearo or cart is key. That's what caused me to give up on it four years ago, and what has changed enough to make it work for me now. Cost, of course, is the other factor. 45-65 euro is a big investment for a starter kit when you know nothing about it, if using non vv batteries brings that initial cost down well and good.

I do change voltage during the day depending on my mood (and if I'm drinking coffee or beer), and I do like that feature, but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker. From having tried vaping before I was probably prepared to spend a bit more this time around, that wouldn't apply to most newbies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Well this has been my point all along.

A quality, cheap non VV kit with a good clearomizer would get anyone off to a good start for peanuts.

If they like it, they continue and they may upgrade at at a later stage.

It's very cheap, it's very good and it just works!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anacou

Hi all, new to all this but have to quit the smokes so got an ego 1100 with a CE5+ wickless clearomizer last week. Its breaking my heart! It was like dragging on a milkshake, now gurgling, and I've done some much fiddling with it I've lost the silicone ring around the tip! So now its gone the opposite direction and feel like I'm pulling on air! I'm getting another tank next week, retailer sending me a DCT tank to try. This C5+ has also got a tapered tip which I'm not sure I like.

I just want something easy and non fiddly but this is doing my head in. Was hoping I could fiddle with the liquids on this so that I could wean down on the nicotine. Any advice on where I should go from here? Preferably would like to stick with the eGo type battery etc and clearo etc.

I'm wondering if I should just get some more C5+ clearomizers for this? Got this from a setup in Cork. They told me this was just part of the design on the C5+ so suggested I try the dual coil tank.

Now sorry I didn't go with the eVod

Would really appreciate any advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I would go with an aspire clearo (dual coil), similar shape to the CE and designed to fit on an ego battery but a much better vape. I'm using them since around October and I've had no leaks or other problems.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/maxibdc.htm

You'll need some spare coils too: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireheads.htm

What shop in Cork did you go to? I find vapourpal in Ballincollig pretty good, I got my aspire clearo in there and an aspire davide tank.

http://www.vapourpal.com/accessories/clearomisers-and-tanks-ireland.html

EGriff wrote: »
    I would go with an aspire clearo (dual coil), similar shape to the CE and designed to fit on an ego battery but a much better vape. I'm using them since around October and I've had no leaks or other problems.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/maxibdc.htm

You'll need some spare coils too: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireheads.htm

What shop in Cork did you go to? I find vapourpal in Ballincollig pretty good, I got my aspire clearo in there and an aspire davide tank.

http://www.vapourpal.com/accessories/clearomisers-and-tanks-ireland.html

Thanks so much for replying. I didn't actually go to a shop but bought online from Sky* in Cork. Will look at the aspire alright, just don't want to keep shelling out for different kits if you know what I mean ;) Would prefer to build on what I have. Maybe the dual coil is the answer for me. Next comes the search for a decent liquid, one I have is not too bad but not mad about it (silk c*t purple or something along those lines)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

My advice would be to keep the battery that you have and get a very simple Evod or H2 clearo, cheap as chips (less than €3.50) never leak, great vapour and soooo easy to use.

My advice would be to keep the battery that you have and get a very simple Evod or H2 clearo, cheap as chips (less than €3.50) never leak, great vapour and soooo easy to use.

Yeah, I was looking at the H2 alright. Just want something not too pricey, simple, that works. At that price, I'll give it a go anyhow. I've just topped this up again (it was half way) and now we're vaping reasonably well, or as good as it gets I reckon. Think I'd prefer more vape though. This is just too temperamental for my liking in any case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Anacou wrote: »
    ...bought online from Sky* in Cork.

Ah, just those guys who were spamming here recently.

SkysVapor, stop being shit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Hi folks, just looking for a bit of advice here...got the kanger twist today...really happy with it ( previously bought a starter pack in an ecig shop...it was dreadful, constant burning taste, threw it out today... It had ego written on it but I think it was not the real thing). Don't know too much about these devices, anyway based on advice here I went for above.....thank you folks.

Problem::: the juices I got as part of the package are 20mg and find them too strong...my fault forgot to tell them to send 12mg...can I dilute them and if so how...

Thanks

Snowshower wrote: »
    ...it was dreadful, constant burning taste, threw it out today... It had ego written on it but I think it was not the real thing).
    The batteries were probably okay, most likely a crappy atty. eGo tank cartridges?
    Snowshower wrote: »
    Problem::: the juices I got as part of the package are 20mg and find them too strong...my fault forgot to tell them to send 12mg...can I dilute them and if so how...

Best option is to buy the juice in 0mg strength and mix to the required strength (leave note in comments and they should be able to do that if it's the Wingnuts range).
    You could also dilute it with vegetable glycerin from a pharmacy with a drop of vodka or distilled water (to thin the VG a bit), but you'll definitely lose flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Thanks for that..will try that out (hard work when you are on the "L" plates),!!!!

If you don't mind 10mg juice then you can just mix both bottles equally. Or try 15mg by mixing 3 parts 20mg to 1 part 0mg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Aga-t with an evic running on a mesh set up. Gaurenteed to keep a new vaper entertained.

Jesus its been a while since I've been in here, where have all the handbags come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

Aga-t with an evic running on a mesh set up. Gaurenteed to keep a new vaper entertained.

Jesus its been a while since I've been in here, where have all the handbags come from?

Maybe you should stay away for another while if you have a problem with new people asking a few questions!!

Tickityboo wrote: »
    Maybe you should stay away for another while if you have a problem with new people asking a few questions!!

The paranoia must be spreading...

Read this thread from the start and you'll see his comment had nothing to do with Snowshower or yourself and everything to do with somebody else's delusional histrionic babble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

grindle wrote: »
    The paranoia must be spreading...

Read this thread from the start and you'll see his comment had nothing to do with Snowshower or yourself and everything to do with somebody else's delusional histrionic babble.

Apologies.
    makes complete sense now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Tickityboo wrote: »
    Apologies.
    makes complete sense now.

Ah c'mon. No way anything on these forums makes sense. That's just crazy talk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

A clean up would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

i see supavalu are now selling Vivid starter kits,

anyone know if vivid are any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

silverbolt wrote: »
    i see supavalu are now selling Vivid starter kits,

anyone know if vivid are any good?
    Apparently the 'Vivid Golden Tobacco' is superb ;)

Advertisement