Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobseekers payment suspended because of mywelfare site not working

Options
  • 13-06-2021 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi All,

my JA has been suspended because NOT signing on mywelfare.ie but the website was down in May 2021 when I tried to sign on to make a declaration,
    it is not my fault that their system is down and now they stopped my payment
    is anyone has similar issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

tugii20 wrote: »
    Hi All,

my JA has been suspended because NOT signing on mywelfare.ie but the website was down in May 2021 when I tried to sign on to make a declaration,
    it is not my fault that their system is down and now they stopped my payment
    is anyone has similar issues?

Hi,

Are you on JSA or other payment? I wasn't aware people had to log into mywelfare, is this instead of actually signing at Intero centres monthly?

The mywelfare portal has on occasion been difficult to access but usually only for short periods of time, you mention May 2021? It certainly was not down for an entire month. have you called your local intero Centre to explain, SW should have a record of system outage and match that with a date /dates you tried to log in but I have to be honest, it's very rare it's down for long and it's now the 13th June

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭tugii20

i was on JA
    yes, it is instead signing in intreo because of covid19.
    The system was not down but when I clicked on the sign-on declaration website just went red, something similar to hse hack.
    I contacted local intreo they don't really care, just told me to make a new application.
    I have received a message from mywelfare to declaration on 18th May on Tuesday and actual day i could nog do it anything because of technical probelm

on the message, it says to make a declaration on 8 am 18th May Tuesday 8 am Wednesday,
    I have tried on both occasion but the website was still faulty, after this day i could not do anything
    it is kind of automatic

on the message, it says to make a declaration on 8 am 18th May Tuesday 8 am Wednesday,
    I have tried on both occasion but the website was still faulty, after this day i could not do anything
    it is kind of automatic

It's a pity you didn't follow up with a call to your local intero Centre immediately, I only say this because almost 3 weeks have passed.

I think you'll now need to call into your local centre and explain you tried to log in but system wouldn't let you, I'm sure they can verify failed logins or that system was acting up, it's likely others may have been impacted if it was a system's failure, I'm just concerned you've not done this sooner, I know it seems unfair for your payment to be suspended but almost everything is going automated, so if don't see a declaration, system suspends payment without someone checking with claimant, was there a problem or reason for not declaring . Its a pain but I'm sure when you explain, your issue will be resolved.

I contacted them but their only suggestions are to make a new claim,

• Advertisement

I contacted them but their only suggestions are to make a new claim,

I'm somewhat surprised by this, not knowing full facts but Benifits are not normally closed without reason. You initially mentioned your payment was suspended not closed, which can happen if someone fails to sign on or eligibility being queried. The fact your claim now seems to be closed is a little more serious and I'm afraid I can't add anything further in advice other than making a new claim immediately.

There is a possibility the DEASP might back date it if you can prove you attempted to log in and declare, I remain concerned you didn't follow up immediately by way of a phone call. Good luck but apply ASAP. I would also consider contacting local CWO to see if you can get an emergency payment to cover you during new application as there are delays.

Advertisement