Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFP queries

Options
  • 11-06-2021 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi guys, a few questions about working family payment. How long is the waiting list at the moment? I am currently on Jobseeker’s Allowance but plan to sign off and claim this as my husband recently started a job. However what will I do about money until I get this processed? I don’t want to remain on JSA because then I won’t get much on WFP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

We applied at the beginning of the month and they said there are significant delays at the moment in the acknowledgement letter.

We've been told you can go to the community welfare officer while waiting for supplementary welfare allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Marymoore

Kaylami wrote: »
    We applied at the beginning of the month and they said there are significant delays at the moment in the acknowledgement letter.

We've been told you can go to the community welfare officer while waiting for supplementary welfare allowance.

Thank you so much. Did they give any indication of how long it would take?
    Would I be entitled to supplementary allowance with my husband working? I suppose theres no harm in asking. Did you get it? Do you think I can email them? Do you know would we have to pay back the allowance? Thanks and sorry for all the questions

Marymoore wrote: »
    Thank you so much. Did they give any indication of how long it would take?
    Would I be entitled to supplementary allowance with my husband working? I suppose theres no harm in asking. Did you get it? Do you think I can email them? Do you know would we have to pay back the allowance? Thanks and sorry for all the questions

No time frame just significant delays. My husband is working too but not even earning the same as we would get on the dole.

The money paid out comes out of the back dated WFP money.

No time frame just significant delays. My husband is working too but not even earning the same as we would get on the dole.

The money paid out comes out of the back dated WFP money.

thought that it would be taken out of the back dated WFP but I’ll be getting €70 less a week on WFP than what I would get as supplementary allowance or jobseekers so don’t know how I’d pay it back..
    Thanks again.

thought that it would be taken out of the back dated WFP but I’ll be getting €70 less a week on WFP than what I would get as supplementary allowance or jobseekers so don’t know how I’d pay it back..
    Thanks again.

Your jobseekers allowance would be cut though with your husband working its means tested.

Supplementary welfare allowance will take into account your husbands wages and then pay the difference between his wages and what you would get for you, him and any kids on jobseekers

• Advertisement

Another question I have regarding working family payment. I’m filling out the form and I see a section which says “details from your spouses employer”
    My husband is the one working but I’d love to receive the payment. Can I apply for the payment or does it have to be my husband who receives it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Another question I have regarding working family payment. I’m filling out the form and I see a section which says “details from your spouses employer”
    My husband is the one working but I’d love to receive the payment. Can I apply for the payment or does it have to be my husband who receives it? Thanks

Your husband

Just to follow up they received the application 3rd June and got the money today so 2 weeks which isn't bad at all!

Just to follow up they received the application 3rd June and got the money today so 2 weeks which isn't bad at all!

Thanks for the update! Glad you got sorted. Was it just 1 payslip you needed to send and did it have to be the most recent? Thanks
    Also did they take any supplementary welfare allowance you received back? Do you owe anything or did they take from your WFP exactly what they gave you? Thanks
    I might be ok to just wait 2 weeks, mightn’t bother applying I thought the wait would be a lot longer

Thanks for the update! Glad you got sorted. Was it just 1 payslip you needed to send and did it have to be the most recent? Thanks
    Also did they take any supplementary welfare allowance you received back? Do you owe anything or did they take from your WFP exactly what they gave you? Thanks
    I might be ok to just wait 2 weeks, mightn’t bother applying I thought the wait would be a lot longer

Just one payslip the most recent from when we went off the forms.

I never needed the supplement welfare in the end was going to send in the forms for it this week but the payment came through instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement