Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for 3 wheeler

Options
  • 21-06-2019 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a three wheeler bike as Liberty & Axa say they don't cover. Calling CarlNash now, also did anyone ever use Emerald Insurance, they look like a broker. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Its been a while since I last went looking for a bike quote and it was funny & quite sad today when calling around at the volume of questions they need to ask to see if your eligible for a quote.

At the end of the day I phone the main three today and two flat out said they don't insure 3wheel scooters ( Yamaha tricity) and the other sad that due to age of my son (19) and the fact its his first bike licence there system would not allow them to quote. They all consider them a high risk category which I don't understand as the very reason I was think 3wheels was more safety.

Age aside has anyone out there got a 3 wheeler, Piaggo/ yamaha and who did they get insured by.

Advertisement