Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy a Seiko Sumo

Options
  • 20-06-2019 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

So after seeing HDMI & Deepthoughts photos of their green SZSC004 Sumos I’m wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of anywhere local to buy it or best place online?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

So after seeing HDMI & Deepthoughts photos of their green SZSC004 Sumos I’m wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of anywhere local to buy it or best place online?

Thanks

Most of them are on Watchuseek

I put up a WTB - 3 times someone tried to scam me

HDMI helped me out massively..and I owe him a few beers

There are a few on the Bay

this lad has 5 and at E535 and free shipping and no customs..its a good price

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Seiko-SZSC004-Green-Emerald-SUMO-Prospex-Special-Edition-100-Made-in-Japan/173903823828?hash=item287d79c3d4:g:nZUAAOSwIUZbXmWW

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Most of them are on Watchuseek

I put up a WTB - 3 times someone tried to scam me

HDMI helped me out massively..and I owe him a few beers

There are a few on the Bay

this lad has 5 and at E535 and free shipping and no customs..its a good price

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Seiko-SZSC004-Green-Emerald-SUMO-Prospex-Special-Edition-100-Made-in-Japan/173903823828?hash=item287d79c3d4:g:nZUAAOSwIUZbXmWW

Cheers for that DeepThought.
    I’ve been stung by customs a few times for purchases from Asia and the US so I’m probably a marked man with them now 😂
    That Spanish seller looks good, cheers for that, didn’t show up for me earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Cheers for that DeepThought.
    I’ve been stung by customs a few times for purchases from Asia and the US so I’m probably a marked man with them now 😂
    That Spanish seller looks good, cheers for that, didn’t show up for me earlier.

I have one for sale

2shea wrote: »
    I have one for sale

It's a black dial and bezel.

2shea wrote: »
    It's a black dial and bezel.

I saw it on adverts, I’m looking for a green one thanks!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help guys, just pulled the trigger on the new model sumo SPB103J1 with Jura watches....they price matched another site at £110 off retail which isn’t far off what the SZSC004s are going for.

Thanks for all the help guys, just pulled the trigger on the new model sumo SPB103J1 with Jura watches....they price matched another site at £110 off retail which isn’t far off what the SZSC004s are going for.

Excellent, I love mine and was actually considering selling my speedie as I dont wear it

Excellent, I love mine and was actually considering selling my speedie as I dont wear it

What strap did you go with in the end for your sumo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Wooahhh there pal... many tales of regret on here over the years when people sold their speedies. Take a deep breath, change the strap on it and try again :)

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Wooahhh there pal... many tales of regret on here over the years when people sold their speedies. Take a deep breath, change the strap on it and try again :)

Haha.. have it on a di modell at the moment.. any suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

True dat S. Though I was another who had one years back and for some reason rarely wore it and moved it on. My only regret is that I would have made quite the profit if I still had it now.

TBH I have no idea why it never earned a place on my wrist. It was a fantastic watch, looks great, very good movement, mad load of history and whenever I'm asked what Lifetime Good Watch™ I'd recommend it's along the lines of a Seiko diver, steel Rolex or an Omega Speedmaster. I still admire them now when I see one in the wild. But for some reason... Yet I still have a cheap as chips Fossil Big Tick from the 90's. Ahhhh, that's it, I've no taste. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

Speaking of which.. paging HDMI!!! Last seen sipping pina coladas on a beach in the carolinas!

Barton bands. Cheap, good quality and quick release so you can change straps everyday. I've about 6 of them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Barton bands. Cheap, good quality and quick release so you can change straps everyday. I've about 6 of them at this stage.

Last band I got was quick release. Now everything I get in the future will be, so fecking handy

Cienciano wrote: »

Last band I got was quick release. Now everything I get in the future will be, so fecking handy

Yep they are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

If memory serves me sparrowcar made a handy video showing how easy it is to change the straps! :D

Homer wrote: »
    If memory serves me sparrowcar made a handy video showing how easy it is to change the straps! :D
    26 secs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

What kinda speedmaster...I am on the lookout for a moonwatch?????

The new Green sumo with the 70 hour power reserve is beautifil. Such a shane they didnt do some sort if glude lock or ratchet system on the clssp tge allow for adjustment on the go. I know it has a golf over link but that's pretty useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Homer wrote: »
    Speaking of which.. paging HDMI!!! Last seen sipping pina coladas on a beach in the carolinas!

:D:D

Sorry been kinda distracted lately with new hobbies which has been swallowing any funds and time I had for watches. It's actually been quite pleasant not to always be on the hunt and flipping one to buy the next. So its nice just to enjoy the little group that I have without trying to decide which favourite will get sold next.

Hope you're all doing well and if I can help any of you out shipping stuff back please let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

What are those new hobbies, HDMI? Surfing or shark fishing? :p

We were lucky to have passed through the Carolinas last year on our drive from NYC to Florida. We overnighted at Myrtle beach. I had a memorable crab shack dinner, nice place!

unkel wrote: »
    What are those new hobbies, HDMI? Surfing or shark fishing? :p

We were lucky to have passed through the Carolinas last year on our drive from NYC to Florida. We overnighted at Myrtle beach. I had a memorable crab shack dinner, nice place!

Hey unkel how's things, Myrtle is not bad off season but it gets a little crazy down there during the summer.

New hobbies, I fancied a 4x4 for driving on the beach and some trail driving so I picked a 4 litre Toyota 4Runner and that's been keeping me occupied. Dealer done me over and i have been doing a lot of prep work to get it ready for the harsher trails.

6g7YD4E.jpg

Other hobby is fishing, hard not to become drawn to it living here. So I load my car up with a bunch of rods and a fishing cart and head to the beach. Caught my first shark a few weeks ago, little guy about the length of my arm. Locals said it was a sand shark, not really interested in catching them because they scare the life out of me. A young 17 year girl lost a leg and some fingers a couple of months back. Her dad is a fireman and he hopped in the water and punched it until it let go of her, she wasn't even deep in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hoganj

Recommend checking out Hirsch straps also, recently picked one up for my Steinhart. Far superior to my di modell (these are just my 2 examples so YMMV)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

HDMI wrote: »
    A young 17 year girl lost a leg and some fingers a couple of months back. Her dad is a fireman and he hopped in the water and punched it until it let go of her, she wasn't even deep in the water.

What type of shark was that :eek::eek::eek:

oxocube wrote: »
    What type of shark was that :eek::eek::eek:

Local news reckon it was a bull shark, kid was really lucky.

Four or five weeks ago I went out fishing on my own and when I was finishing I was rinsing my gear off at the edge of the water and a fairly stocky 3-4 shark came in chasing some other fish. I was just in up to my knees but it scared the life out of me. Worst thing is it's our favourite beach area, water is calm which my wife likes and some good fishing. Locals reckon you just have to accept that the sharks are there and just carry on as normal.

Advertisement