Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ipod questions

Options
  • 25-05-2019 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

I got a present of an iPod years ago from my husband. Love to bring it with me when out walking, has hundreds of songs on it. I have noticed since a few months back that after it’s charged the life of the battery goes down very quickly. At the moment it won’t charge at all? Can I put a new battery into it or do I need to buy a new one again? If I get a new one do all the songs have to be downloaded again? Silly questions I suppose but I genuinely don’t know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Do you know what version of the iPod you've got?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭tamara25

It is an apple ipod 8g, it could be at least 6 or 7 years old.

Is it the little square Ipod Nano?? Mine eventually died about a year ago. I loved it and missed it so got another one on ebay. I tried several Apple repair places but none of them would repair it for me. I doubt if you'd get a battery as they are very out of date. I'm happy with the replacement I got on ebay so hopefuly it will last me for a while!

I put everything I had on the old one onto my laptop and then transferred it all on to the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭tamara25

inthehat wrote: »
    I put everything I had on the old one onto my laptop and then transferred it all on to the new one.

Thanks for your reply. I found out since the cable I was using to charge it was broken but I also think the battery isn’t lasting as long as it should. It will eventually die but at the moment it’s going for me, it’s a great invention, love mine & my kindle also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

tamara25 wrote: »
    I got a present of an iPod years ago from my husband. Love to bring it with me when out walking, has hundreds of songs on it. I have noticed since a few months back that after it’s charged the life of the battery goes down very quickly. At the moment it won’t charge at all? Can I put a new battery into it or do I need to buy a new one again? If I get a new one do all the songs have to be downloaded again? Silly questions I suppose but I genuinely don’t know?

You can get the battery changed. I have got my Ipod Classic battery changed twice over the years.
    If you live near bray this chap can change it for you https://www.kphoneireland.com/

Advertisement