Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat Saber

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

The 90 degree levels are a nice addition!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Got back into this in the last couple of weeks, trying to burn off a few xmas pounds :D

The 3 songs that came free a while back, Crystallised, What the Cat and one other are the only stages I can't beat on expert. Crystallised is my current nemesis and I reckon I'll have that down soon enough though. It has my back in bits the last day or so, I find myself bending over weird ways a lot to hit certain things.

But those other two levels...I dunno if I'll ever get past em!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I had another go at Crystalised again last night on E+, and I just cannot get past that mad crazy fast part near the end. I was half way through it last night and my arms decided to stop moving as fast as I needed them to... I was wrecked after it! I think that one and the last in that pack are the only 2 I can't finish from them. Oh, and Overkill, of course!

Badly needs a new pack, I just can't justify buying the Greenday or PATD packs as I just don't like that music, so I won't enjoy it. I still hold out hope for a 90's dance pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

New (free)songs added to beat saber. they look tough....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv7G9imGaUA

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

new ones are quite tough imo

gave up and cleared cycle hit on expert+ for the first time ever <3
    (on slower song tho)

• Advertisement

Yeah, caused an injury to myself playing the new ones. Well, I'm blaming this as I don't really do anything else that involves physicality! Somehow pulled a muscle under my left ribcage! No BS for me for a while, but of the 3 songs I did try, I can hand on heart say I probably will never finish them... Ghost looks especially FU!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

new music pack

Timbaland produced specifically for this. 5 songs I believe. Had a listen to them and really not for me, so another pack I won't be buying. Thought Jaroslav was leaving to concentrate on the music creation, but haven't had anything from him since he left.

I've also decided that my arms will not allow me to finish the really difficult ones. I've tried quite a bit, but my arms can't keep up. Most are fine, but those last 3 free ones are just ridiculous.

I've also decided that my arms will not allow me to finish the really difficult ones. I've tried quite a bit, but my arms can't keep up. Most are fine, but those last 3 free ones are just ridiculous.

Are these Camilia songs? What level are you trying them on? I've gotten Cycle hit and What the cat on expert and I can get about 30 seconds from the end on Crystallised and one other. They are by far the hardest songs in the game, E+ is still a good bit too much for me on those songs.

I bought the timberland pack before listening to it. It's prob my least fave music pack.

Are these Camilia songs? What level are you trying them on? I've gotten Cycle hit and What the cat on expert and I can get about 30 seconds from the end on Crystallised and one other. They are by far the hardest songs in the game, E+ is still a good bit too much for me on those songs.

I bought the timberland pack before listening to it. It's prob my least fave music pack.

E+. I can manage the E ones the majority of the time, but sweet jesus Crystalized and Cycle Hit on E+ are brutal. I reckon I could get Crystalized, as about 50% of the time I can get past the fast start, but always fail at that mental bit near the end. Getting further and further, but my arms can't take more than a few attempts at a time.

And yeah, those 3 Carmelia songs. GHOST, Exit this Earths Atmosphere and Light Up. Way too hard on E+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Looks like there's a new song tomorrow

https://twitter.com/BeatSaber/status/1247934222330929153

but I think I'm finally bored of this game.

Looks like there's a new song tomorrow

but I think I'm finally bored of this game.

Will give it a go, free is free. But as its designed to be a work out song (as if the others aren't), i'd imagine there will be a lot of crouching. Ugh.

And yeah, haven't played it that much in recent months since they started doing crap DLC packs. Did anyone get the recent Timbaland one? Sounds boring. On the plus side, the library will be huge when I eventually get PCVR! Actually, it's been going downhill since Facebook/Oculus bought Beat Games...

Also, 6am PST is 2pm our time, and why the hell are a studio based in Prague using PST!!! Stupid 'Mericans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I haven't played it since the week I bought it when it released on PSVR :O

I think I got as far as the disappearing blocks and said **** this!

Must give it another go once Half Life Alyx is finished :D

I'll be honest, I gave up on the campaign soon after starting, but having been playing basically E+ only for a while, it was easy to go back and finish the campaign then. Only have 2 trophies to get the Plat, get SS on a song on Hard (just can't do it, can't get 100% combo but can't get SS, I blame the tracking), and complete x songs with full combo on something. Because of the SS one, I'll never get it...

I've gotten pretty into it again the last few weeks. Think I'm missing similar achievements as you Monkey. Get 15 full combos on hard (I know I can do it but I can't be arsed :D)

After I couldn't tell you how many tries at Crystalised on expert I decided to try E+. Got bloody farther on my first attempt at E+ than I ever did on expert! But my next personal goal is try get higher on Be there for you on E+, currently sitting on about 250 but wanna try get inside 50 :D

excited about the new song!
    i got the timbaland pack but honestly i love camellia and tokyo machine kinda songs more.
    still working on camellia at Expert :o:o
    love the beats

Tried the new song, on E+. Seems quite hard, but it's short (2m), lots of head moving, weaving and a good bit of crouching. But the tracking was very bad on it. Tried other songs without issue, but BeatFit tracking is not great for me right now.

I'm convincing myself I'll finish Crystalized on E+, still failing at the exact same place each time, the few seconds inbetween the 2 really fast parts in the last 3rd. It confused me, I miss one, and within 2 seconds I've missed 10 more and game over. Probably should practice that bit...

But have definitely given up on E+ on all the new (3) Camelia ones, Cycle Hit and Overkill (but I still think I could get Overkill if I really wanted). If ye haven't played the older ones in a while, go back, most have been updated to be harder. Was usually 1 missed block off Rum n Bass on E+, now I'm missing 10+.

But, Camelia, FitBeat, Monstercat/Rocket League, they're all infinitely better than the mainstream music. Didn't splash on the Timbaland one, just crap music tbh, same with ID and that other band I couldn't care less about. The Camelia stuff suits this game.

Yeah I gotta agree. I find myself going to OST 3, Camelia, and Monster Monstercat more than anything else

Tried out fitbeat on expert. Looooove iiiiit so much dancing around and ducking
    Also i can now kinda clear Ghost on expert in 2 parts... Usually fail at 1 or 2 points then pick it straight up from there in practice mode to the end
    Love the tune

BoxVR is on sale at the mo and looks similar to Beat Saber, but more of a fitness focus. Anyone try it?

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    BoxVR is on sale at the mo and looks similar to Beat Saber, but more of a fitness focus. Anyone try it?

Didn't know anything about it, but it does look fun enough. Reviews saying it's well made but basic, but works really well for it's purpose, needing daily checks to be able to build up and tackle the later workouts. Might be tempted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

mrcheez wrote: »

Very good game, I actually prefer it to beat saber. Much more variety of music so something for everyone no matter what genre you're into

Might be handy for morning workouts during lockdown

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not a cardio workout fan, but in a game I'd be more likely to keep it up. Just bought it anyway, worth a punt for €15 at least!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not a cardio workout fan, but in a game I'd be more likely to keep it up. Just bought it anyway, worth a punt for €15 at least!

let me know what ya think, I might grab it today

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

I have boxvr for months and it's great. Has helped tone me up a lot and I'm wringing in sweat at the end of a workout. I've set up a fan to blow an air stream straight at me. This page I've linked gives you and idea of the intensity of the workout as in the game it doesn't tell you. They go from medium to ultra intensity.

https://fitxr.com/boxvr/workouts

iHungry wrote: »
    I have boxvr for months and it's great. Has helped tone me up a lot and I'm wringing in sweat at the end of a workout. I've set up a fan to blow an air stream straight at me. This page I've linked gives you and idea of the intensity of the workout as in the game it doesn't tell you. They go from medium to ultra intensity.

https://fitxr.com/boxvr/workouts

perfect...will grab it today. Getting a bit flabby since I've had to stop cycling to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Tried BoxVR yesterday, tood craic in the quest. It's definitely a workout, just did a 15 minute one and got fairly into it.

Between Beat Saber, Pistol Whip and BoxVR, you'd be in some shape if you put the time in!

Still waiting to update Beat Saber for the new song..it's a pain in the ass when you've the mods for custom songs as it means it's a bit finicky trying to update and add the old songs back.

Gave BoxVR a blast there. Wow it's very effective and probably my favourite game/app on PSVR right now!!

Burnt through 500 calories in 30 mins. I'll keep my PSVR for these sweaty endeavours and save my Quest the same fate ;)

Now to stock up on tons of baby wipes to clean up after :D

Also I wore a bandana which is now drenched.

• Advertisement

Box vr is good, i was trying it after the new song x20 on beat saber so didn't spend long. What are good things to do in it? I tried the beginner class and the <10 min class

Advertisement