Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurgency Sandstorm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Got my Diamond rank tonight for Competitive. No idea what it means they havent released much about that side of things. With regard your issues especially if you had it during the beta have you deleted your insurgency folder from the appdata folder and doing all that fresh. Supposedly helps alot of people

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Bit late with my reply but, er... I've no idea why you're bringing up auto weapons - I said I love the Shotty and how it is nothing like Shotguns in most games that have flechette rounds spraying into massive AoE's - in I:S the spread is low/moderate even at medium range so that shotty users aren't restricted to being CQ to do anything.

Above has nothing to do with spraying, praying or firing anything but shotguns, which are all single-firing :pac:

Having said that, I 'am' experimenting with other classes, but being a Commander is becoming annoying - just had a match where the one and only person playing observer was pretty much intentionally trying to avoid me so I couldn't make important calls, or sprinting off to suicide as a lone-wolf, or saying 'negative' when I was asking for an Observer. At least when I'm an Observer it's easy to keep up with the Commander and watch their back, but only met one decent Commander so far who kept at medium/long-range and was extra cautious so they'd have much higher chance of being alive when, you know, you might want fire-support on the super tense final DEFENSE. Most just assume it's fine to pick them, die, and provide nothing else that any other class in the game can do.

Haven't tried PvP yet - saving that for a rainy day as I know it'll frustrate me.

Sorry i thought you were talking about the recoil, i heard via in game voice guys saying it felt like aoe weapon with all the recoil spraying everywhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I love insurgency and still have a server for the original:

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Kinda assumed i would be cancelling that today and setting up Sandstorm server, today is not that day.

I think you made me re-install it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Have had a few games. Aside from a few friendly kills, I'm not nearly as rubbish as I expected to be. Game is a little buggy (stuck on loading screen, random floating objects) but I like it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Got the game and I like it so far. Have only played some local solo games to get up to speed and sometimes it may take a second for the scene to render correctly coming out of the menu, or on occasion, my player model hands disappear leaving me with floating guns.

I like the ability to kick a door in or peek if you so wish, or to keep a partially used mag or double reload to dump the mag for quicker reload time. Overall its good and hoping to get online with it shortly. I would like to see more maps as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Bought the game during the steam sales. Picked it up for 23 quid.

Have to say that I'm really enjoying it. It's a fantastic game with great potential. It's a healthy mix between Squad/Arma and Battlefield/COD without too much seriousness and a more mature player base. Perfect blend IMO.

Anyone that fancies a game give feel free to add me on steam - The Handler

PUG event 3 for DGL tonight. Over 60 people again joined up. Few Irish people as well i seen join :)

If anyone interested in checking out some gameplay its live on twitch atm.

https://www.twitch.tv/thedgl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 kevin55

I am planning to play it, but I don't know why? I am getting a COD Vibes from this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

no its definitely not cod, much more realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Never got past technical issues with the original game. Unstable to put it mildly.

• Advertisement

Never got past technical issues with the original game. Unstable to put it mildly.

Played it for years never an issue, what issues were you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

kevin55 wrote: »
    I am planning to play it, but I don't know why? I am getting a COD Vibes from this game!

It's definitely not like COD. Much more tactical and team orientated gameplay.

Dcully wrote: »
    Played it for years never an issue, what issues were you having?

On my PC with a GTX770 it was unplayable. Stuttering and crashing constantly. On my iMac just now I tried to play and it is stuck in windowed mode and refuses to go fullscreen.

Game bought in 2011

46nTmMJl.png

I think I remember you needed an AMD card for it to work properly.

If you feel like paying to debug someone else's game for free go buy insurgency.

Also, why add new features if they can't get the core game to function correctly.

On my PC with a GTX770 it was unplayable. Stuttering and crashing constantly. On my iMac just now I tried to play and it is stuck in windowed mode and refuses to go fullscreen.

Game bought in 2011

46nTmMJl.png

Never an issue on my old rig with gtx970 onboard.

Im not saying your wrong but i played for years fine on nvidia card.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Game bought in 2011

46nTmMJl.png

Its the half life source engine, calculators can run that :confused:

I have to cap the original as it runs at over 200fps un capped.

Free weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Free weekend.

Just tried. Can't play because of EAC.

Just tried. Can't play because of EAC.

Dont worry about it I cant play because of my potato PC and I have the game since EA release.

9900K @5ghz
    32gb DDR4
    1080TI

Potato PC cant run this game at anyway playable FPS.

Huge update to this recently with improvements in optimization and a new domination mode which works very well for such a shooter.
    Also a free week of access for anyone who doesnt own it.

https://newworldinteractive.com/state-of-production-4/

• Advertisement

Have the game 2 years and it finally runs!!!!

Have a server up for Coop ( am still getting to grips with the lack of options afforded to admins......:mad: ) its running checkpoint and can only be found in Community servers (after the 10 minute refresh because of reasons only the delveopers know)

b_560_95_1.png

Also have a coop server up for original insurgency with mods(server loads the mods to you ) FYI there is a lot of bots.....the 35 is a lie!!!

b_560_95_1.png

Increased Sandstorm to 50 bots per objective, its hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Increased Sandstorm to 50 bots per objective, its hilarious :D

I'll have to give that a try. :D

I'll have to give that a try. :D

You will need a few players, they are set for 270 degree awareness and highest skill setting.

We have yet to take A in any map :D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74iltAzkcmo

Console release in August.

Can see it doing well if it runs well, dont think there is any competition for this type of game.

ISMC Mod is out now so dual wield primaries :cool:

Maps are at a decent stage now, some really good ones.

Just dont enjoy playing COOP or anything other than Firefight unfortunately. They ruined the game for me when they removed Competitive and the overall direction and development decisions they have been making the last 3-6 months have been very questionable... Probably in line with the fact they where acquired by a Chinese company.

Have a few friends that enjoy the ISMC stuff, good to see an active community on the mod front.

I used to love this ,it was my go to for some realism shooter gameplay but the community is a as toxic AF the last 12 months or so.
    Ever since the introduced the domination mode the COD kids arrived.
    I get my realism shooter fix with Hell Let Loose instead now.

Coop server here 173.199.72.172:27015

only ISMC on it for now, will add other maps morrow.
    Dcully wrote: »
    I used to love this ,it was my go to for some realism shooter gameplay but the community is a as toxic AF the last 12 months or so.
    Ever since the introduced the domination mode the COD kids arrived.

Dude we old now, this type of player is what is considered normal now in every game.

• Advertisement

You dont see them in HLL,Post Scriptum or Rising Storm etc, they dont have their small maps running from flag to flag.
    The Insurgency Sandstorm map size suits them down to the ground.
    Its not a big issue in co-op however.

Advertisement