Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Interested In Pinball Machines?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

It’s one of the better ones and most sought after ! . Brownfinger has one so he will probably know.

Curious alright :) very nice condition (from a non-pinball guys point of view)

beejee wrote: »
    Came across an add am family recently. Was never too interested in pinballs, but these are fairly sought after I think. What's a good price to pay?

As little as possible ! :D
    they can be money pits but as long as the boards are there and the playfield is in good condition everything can be fixed up.
    Adams are usually TRASHED between the flippers so good ones are sought after but rough ones still make good money.
    I had one for a while on loan and I think its a overrated game!
    always overpriced.

As little as possible ! :D
    they can be money pits but as long as the boards are there and the playfield is in good condition everything can be fixed up.
    Adams are usually TRASHED between the flippers so good ones are sought after but rough ones still make good money.
    I had one for a while on loan and I think its a overrated game!
    always overpriced.

1000 a good price? Obviously less is always best, but you know what I mean

1000 a good price? Obviously less is always best, but you know what I mean

Any DMD pin for 1000 is a deal .

Any DMD pin for 1000 is a deal .

That's a good enough guide for me then, thanks :)

• Advertisement

That's a good enough guide for me then, thanks :)

Even if you spent 1500 fixing it up you would still be very comfortable when it comes to selling.
    Check the playfield though,might be able to get a few more quid off.

Even if you spent 1500 fixing it up you would still be very comfortable when it comes to selling.
    Check the playfield though,might be able to get a few more quid off.

Will read into it more, see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Definitely try pick that up. It's a great game! Pinballs are a perfect fit into my van FYI haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭geotrig

Was offered a creature from the black lagoon wayway back, and turned it down what was I thinking lol. That and Addams family are the only ones I was ever really interested in.

geotrig wrote: »
    Was offered a creature from the black lagoon wayway back, and turned it down what was I thinking lol. That and Addams family are the only ones I was ever really interested in.

I had one for a few years.
    Great game but doesn't have staying power IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭geotrig

Yeah pinball has always had a very limited appeal for me ,so would have been grand for me id say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I had one for a few years.
    Great game but doesn't have staying power IMO.

I find it very hard letting cabs or pins go, i nearly swapped my fishtales last year but im so glad now i didnt. regret selling my Tetris, MK2 and Time Crisis but if i didnt sell them i wouldnt have the pins i have now. Star Wars Trilogy Pin is probably the first id let go now, but I love Star Wars so im even conflicted about that!

What Pins do you consider having Staying Power? Just curious, id never get rid of Star Trek or Getaway myself, Getaway was my first so could never let that go! (and i think its a great pin)

A lot of the really popular games have great staying power and a deep rules set.

The only pin I ever got rid of was No Good Gofers, good game but it's just 18 holes of golf more or less so gets kind of repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I find it very hard letting cabs or pins go, i nearly swapped my fishtales last year but im so glad now i didnt. regret selling my Tetris, MK2 and Time Crisis but if i didnt sell them i wouldnt have the pins i have now. Star Wars Trilogy Pin is probably the first id let go now, but I love Star Wars so im even conflicted about that!

I've had my SNK cab 7 years this year, the Pony 6 - could never let either of them go at this stage. I'd be heartbroken if I had to.

Only had the poor Sega Aero 6 months. Looking back I really shouldn't have sold it. Could have made space in my apartment.

Two of my biggest regrets are also having to pass on your Time Crisis and Brownfinger's Tales from the Crypt when they came up for sale :(

TFTC was never officially for sale and I still have it !
    I never thought I'd sell sttng either but you cant keep them all for ever.
    trying to keep 5/6 pins top shape is a drain mentally ,down to two now.

Only two left ? Whitewater and TFTC ? Didn’t you have a Jurassic Park at one stage ? I would have loved that. Creature too but it was just too pricey for me.

I’m hoping to move in a few years out in the countryside somewhere. A big huge shed or extension that I can never fill is what I’m hoping for. Fingers crossed things work out.

I’ve a house move on the cards myself that’s been a long time coming .
    Yea,I had a Jurassic park lost world.
    Kinda regret selling that one but in reality it was crap .
    It was the only reason I was able to buy roadshow.and sold roadshow to token to buy creature!
    I think I like tftc and wh20 because they are hard as nails to reach the wizard mode.id say I’ve gotten it 4 times in tftc and never in wh2o.
    Came close once though and my heart was racing !

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Roadshow in Token was yours? Hah that's gas! I didn't realise at all.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Roadshow in Token was yours? Hah that's gas! I didn't realise at all.

Yea and it was.
    Ok game but the gameplay is very linear.
    Always starts off in the same mode.
    The indiani New York taxi driver shouting at you!!!!!!
    Head wrecking music too,Dolly Parton or something during multiball.

I’ve a house move on the cards myself that’s been a long time coming .
    Yea,I had a Jurassic park lost world.
    Kinda regret selling that one but in reality it was crap .
    It was the only reason I was able to buy roadshow.and sold roadshow to token to buy creature!
    I think I like tftc and wh20 because they are hard as nails to reach the wizard mode.id say I’ve gotten it 4 times in tftc and never in wh2o.
    Came close once though and my heart was racing !

They are both really hard. Wh2o is one of my favourite games.

Star Trek is pretty handy to get to the final frontier but you'd want to have done pretty well in the modes on the way up to it to get any decent score.

I probably will send Whodunnit on its merry way eventually. It's kind of an oddity of a pin. I do like it but I'd say I will get tired of it eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Whirlwind is a forever game for me, it’s easy to explain the rules, everyone who plays it gets into it really quickly, one of the best system 11 games I’ve played bar bride of pinbot, which is great too.
    I haven’t owned any other keepers yet, although I’m yet to play lethal weapon but o don’t imagine I’ll keep it longer than a year. I’m gonna keep trading/selling and going up until I can afford a Metallica, I’d love one of them, and or a ghostbusters.

Would love a ghostbusters myself! My Star Trek TNG pin is my top want to be honest. I’m a huge Star Trek guy so was delighted with that. Next I’d love a Stargate or Baywatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Anyone ever take a look at the spare funhouse upstairs in token? Is it a non-runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

And another nosey question, it you dont kind, where do you guys buy from? I assume it's the UK, bit is shipping a major expense? And are you normally buying something that needs work?

Ive never been in token myself so not sure on that.

My pins i bought from people in ireland, just either people i knew through here or adverts etc. 2 of them where great condition condition and 2 just needed a small bit of work to get going fully but where in playable condition.

With Pins there will always be issues that pop up that need fixing so you would have to learn that stuff as you go but there is plenty of help available on here and other websites.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Edit: Or should that be a good feeling?
    I'm unlikely to be a position to buy an actual pinball machine, so maybe this is a way to play it at home...
    Cost is going to be the thing and I've a feeling this is going to be pricey

Hmmmm,
    I'd say it'll have the processing power of a spud.
    Its good that zen are involved,
    and the fact it has 2 screens.
    What do you reckon ??6/7/800e?

Arcade cabs are one thing and pinballs totally different imo.

But who knows really. Be interested to see what comes out. Some of the virtual pins lads build are amazing in fairness with motors and coils to simulate everything.

I'll stick to my 4 proper pinballs anyway.

I'll stick to my 4 proper pinballs anyway.

Look at Mr.Fancypants over here

• Advertisement

Look at Mr.Fancypants over here

Less of that now fibre optic ceiling boy

Advertisement