Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Strange....anything else I hear done by Mousse T is quality house...
    Suppose there's nothing wrong with wanting to make a few quid in the charts though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yep! Ya gotsta pay your bills I suppose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

There was a promotion ad on TV3 for programmes in the new season in the last few weeks or so. It was a fast-paced rock song. Had a drum roll at one point. It was kinda catchy :). Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Anyone know what song is on the lucozade ads at the mo?
    Sounds like josh homme singing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

BaZmO* wrote:
    Anybody now the name of the song being used on the lastest 2fm ad that's been running on RTE? It's the song with the band performing in a cardboard box.

The song is called "You and Me" by Vega4 - you can overdose on it on their MySpace site.

By any chance does anyone remember the name of the song on the ad for The Sunday Game on RTE in the summer of 2003 (I think, give or take a year...)?

I'm not really expecting anyone to even remember the song I'm talking about but just thought I'd throw it out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

was out in a club there on saturday and heard this song, it has a line in it something like "i'm looking for some entertainment" with a chick singing, just thought it was really catchy, then heard it today on 98fm but i cant find any songs similar to it, it sorta sounded like kelly clarkson and must be new cos it was in top listener charts, haha, dont really help cos the dj never called out the artists name :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

was out in a club there on saturday and heard this song, it has a line in it something like "i'm looking for some entertainment" with a chick singing, just thought it was really catchy, then heard it today on 98fm but i cant find any songs similar to it, it sorta sounded like kelly clarkson and must be new cos it was in top listener charts, haha, dont really help cos the dj never called out the artists name :(

i'd say it's "Walk Away" by Kelly Clarkson, the line in that song goes "I'm looking for attention..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

nah that aint it, oh god this is really driving me mad, i know the chorus of the song goes something like "i'm looking for some entertainment" but the name of its probably something mental like "how to boil an egg in 60 seconds" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

BaZmO* wrote:
    Anybody now the name of the song being used on the lastest 2fm ad that's been running on RTE? It's the song with the band performing in a cardboard box.

this is driving my crazy, i'm almost tempted to ring 2fm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

Call_me_al wrote:
    this is driving my crazy, i'm almost tempted to ring 2fm...

I answered that question a few posts up.
    The name of the song is "You and Me" by a band called Vega4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

completely missed that, thanks a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah thanks lithium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Right i am looking for a song from Scrubs and I have looked on the main scrubs fan music site and still haven't had any luck and have tried typing the few lyrics from it i can remember into Google.

It was at the beginning of an episode when JD was listening to his walkman and the song went like "Are you having a good day? Are you having a good day?" I have heard the song before but just cant seem to find it!!!

Any help is much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

colin300 wrote:
    Right i am looking for a song from Scrubs and I have looked on the main scrubs fan music site and still haven't had any luck and have tried typing the few lyrics from it i can remember into Google.

It was at the beginning of an episode when JD was listening to his walkman and the song went like "Are you having a good day? Are you having a good day?" I have heard the song before but just cant seem to find it!!!
    Got that on me iPod..

.. it's Leroy "Good Time"

Brillant song - got practically all the songs ever in Scrubs on my iPod.. very consistent with great music!

PS - it's on that site too:
    Episode 1.02 - "My Mentor"
    Scene: The hospital works to the beat of the music playing on J.D.'s walkman.
    "Good Time" by Leroy. Album: 'Leroy' & 'Music from Scrubs Official Soundtrack'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Ok I'm looking for the name of a song that Catatonia (i think) released years ago there, I don't have much info to go on but in the video your one was standing in or on top of a big stone castle and I think waving a blue and red flag around in part of it, any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I'm not big on videos; any clues to the song might help more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,103 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

slipss wrote:
    Ok I'm looking for the name of a song that Catatonia (i think) released years ago there, I don't have much info to go on but in the video your one was standing in or on top of a big stone castle and I think waving a blue and red flag around in part of it, any ideas?

you tube is your friend

this it? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN_5s212iOU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Hey, was in a music shop in town yesterday and they had a CD playing. Only remember a line from two different songs

"Here he comes again can you make it to the end"

and

"I know, what I know"

I was on my way up to ask, got distracted and fogot!

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

For what it's worth, I found the name of the song I was looking for. Yellowcard - Lights and Sounds.

loyatemu wrote:
    you tube is your friend

this it? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN_5s212iOU
    Ahh yeah thats the puppy, thanks loya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

basquille wrote:
    Our Lady Peace - Falling Back to Me

Thank u :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Does anyone know any of the songs from the Agressive Inline game? I really want the lyrics for 'Falling For You'..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

My uncle was on to me looking for the name of a song and the band that did it. I had a quick look and couldnt find anything. According to him its a Disco song from way back and roughly some of the lyrics are...

Everythings gonna be the same
    Right Here, Right Here
    Our love will always flow
    Right here, Right here

And seemingly throughout the song some one is saying the letters

F..B..W

Anyone any ideas?

Keep to the 'The What's That Song? Thread' sticky please!

Merged!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

crap didnt see it. nice one.

new film four ad for Forrest Gump,
    anyone know the song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Music in the Channel 4 advert for 'The Town thats looking for love' TV Program a few days back....?

Ad for climatechallenge.gov.uk where u can see all the pollution and stuff, anyone know the music?

(and also the forrest gump ad ^^^)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Hey anyone know what the sound playing in the background here:

http://example.youaremighty.com

Its wrecking my head!! :(

Deaddude wrote:
    Hey anyone know what the sound playing in the background here:

http://example.youaremighty.com

Its wrecking my head!! :(

Nevermind, found it!

THANKS!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Well, what is it??

Great song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 turkey_lurkey

Before a band called '4 Sure' played on X factor there was music being played in the background.

Can't even begin to describe it. By change did anyone here hear it & know what it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

What type of song was it. Any words?

It didn't get to stage where the lyrics started. As i said, difficult to describe, you'd really want to have seen the program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Only background song i heard was the one from Kill Bill

"Battle Without Honor or Humanity" - Tomoyasu Hotei

google the name for a listen

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yeah great song. name?

kdjac

Thanks, but that's not it.

There was a difference peice of music played for each band as they showed them waiting back stage. It's wrecking my head now!

Its a real slow & low peice of music which builds up slowly. I've heard it before but can't remember any of the lyrics

Stick to the 'What's That Song?' sticky please!

Sorry but I still havent found out:

What song exactly is this coming from?

example.youaremighty.com

I know its by E Nomine

• Advertisement

Ok does anyone know the name of this song from the film Trainspotting? The song isn't actually played in the film but in a bit of it, I think when your man Renton is going cold turkey, he imagines the girl he's with singing it. The lyrics she sings go something like "you've got green eyes, you've got blue eyes, you've got green eyes; And I've never, seen, anyone, quite like you before."

I've been trying to find out for years, really catchy song although I'm not even sure if its a real song, any ideas? Thanks a million.

slipss..

That's 'Temptation' by New Order

Ahh Basquille, I fukking love ye man, nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Anyone know that song played in the movie blue streak (w/ Martin Lawrence) when he is chasing the guy through the neighborhood... I think it might be jungle brothers..driving me nuts!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Sallybags

There was a girl on TOTP2 last Saturday playing piano, it went something like "So far, so far / I'm burning". Anyone know who she is and the name of the song? Heard it on the radio the following night and I think they said she was Narena Pellow or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Can anyone tell me the name of the music that plays in the new Eircom and National Irish Bank ads?

The Eircom series include the one where it tells us about the Dave "who likes the first drop and the last plink... and things just, so." The NIB series include the one with everyone moaning about their banks, wondering if the "basics" are "too much too ask".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

again,lucozade ad anyone???the one with the teddy bears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Livewire304

again,lucozade ad anyone???the one with the teddy bears.

Safe In Mind - UNKLE featuring Josh Homme

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

whats the song in south park when the go to the school dance with the home school kids in it , "holy ......" is the frist word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Anyone know the name of the music on the ad on tv for the upcoming jazz festival in cork???????
    Can you recommend any similar artists/music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

the group seem very familiar to me but i can't for the life of me think who it is.. anyone know it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement