Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

gozunda wrote: »
    Yes but the article is in German so ... ;)

Anyone know what it's about?

I'll take a stab at translating

Crater in field?

Does Google translate not come up automatically on your phone?
    Try it on chrome.

Reggie. wrote: »
    Aliens

It might be the rational explanation, given the eurofighter crashes (reported) today over Germany.
    They collided in mid air and hit the ground 10km between each other. That'd be a fair big debris area.
    One pilot was safe other pilot Chinese news reported came down in parts.
    Another eurofighter had the incident recorded on film.
    Training exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Try it on chrome.

I'm old school - still using a typewriter I'm afraid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Try it on chrome.

Plenty of farmers been killed by detonating unexploded bombs.
    One of the guys worked near an old refinery that was bombed on the south coast near Portsmouth-ish would regularlly find bombs on cultivator points, he used to say they laughed at bomb disposal guys creeping up to them after they'd bashed them about for how ever long before it was noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Did the wedding invitations here this evening.... Think the list grew overnight :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Did the wedding invitations here this evening.... Think the list grew overnight :O

That explains the text

Best not leave anyone out.

Tables named after vegetables?

Arra feck that carry on!
    Wouldn’t it look great an all, but it’s fairly pointless.

Arra feck that carry on!
    Wouldn’t it look great an all, but it’s fairly pointless.

No farming theme at all?

Not even a Landini?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A stressful job. Best of luck with it and I hope you have it sorted to everyone's satisfaction.

• Advertisement

No farming theme at all?

Not even a Landini?

There’ll be a bit of a farming theme. A Landini was offered as the ‘something blue’ but herself wasn’t game for it and we had a Jag lined up already.

Yeah, Base Price, we can only do so much, if people aren’t happy they know where to go! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Haven't heard from Daisy in a while. I hope she is keeping well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Suckler

Germans?
    North Koreans?

You're way behind. Iran is the new scapegoat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    Haven't heard from Daisy in a while. I hope she is keeping well.

I was thinking about her a while ago too. Hope everything is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Had a 15 year old cow drop dead in front of me last night. The ups and downs of farming eh? She was pinning away for the last few weeks. She went down on one knee and just keeled over. One of the first heifers I bought when I got into suckling and propably the best. Kept 2 cows from her. Funny thing is she was fierce quiet with me but would attack anyone else. Had her in one day for AI and the AI man had to get 2 passing neighbours to help corner her. Both told me afterwards that she was stone mad and to get rid of her. Must be getting soft in my old age.:o

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

God help whoever gets sitting at the Turnip table

The puns!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Aliens

Some flash flooding and unusual sightings here last night....

Had a 15 year old cow drop dead in front of me last night. The ups and downs of farming eh? She was pinning away for the last few weeks. She went down on one knee and just keeled over. One of the first heifers I bought when I got into suckling and propably the best. Kept 2 cows from her. Funny thing is she was fierce quiet with me but would attack anyone else. Had her in one day for AI and the AI man had to get 2 passing neighbours to help corner her. Both told me afterwards that she was stone mad and to get rid of her. Must be getting soft in my old age.:o

Was that the one that had a scour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

What's the story with digger's on done deal lately? 10k for a 15 ton, and a 3 ton for the same money, are they pure wreckers or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was that the one that had a scour?

Ya, that's her. Thought she pulled up a bit lately as she started to eat a bit of meal. Her stomach was swollen up before she died. Was putting her in for the vet when she collapsed.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ConfusedFarmer

Hi folks, not sure if this needs it's own thread.

Looking at getting the young lad up and going. Has no driving licence yet but has experience around the farm.

Would I be right and saying he can drive a single seat tractor on the road under a provisional licence?

And does can someone maybe link me or explain to me the process of going from having no licence to getting the provisional and also tractor licence that would allow him to drive on the roads. (on his own in the tractor) Won't be going to far in it and wouldn't be a big tractor either.

Regards
    Bob

Looking at getting the young lad up and going. Has no driving licence yet but has experience around the farm.

Would I be right and saying he can drive a single seat tractor on the road under a provisional licence?

And does can someone maybe link me or explain to me the process of going from having no licence to getting the provisional and also tractor licence that would allow him to drive on the roads. (on his own in the tractor) Won't be going to far in it and wouldn't be a big tractor either.

Regards
    Bob

He has to do the theory test first and pass it. www.theorytest.ie Then make an appointment at any driving licence centre to get the licence.

He has to do the theory test first and pass it. ... Link.... Then make an appointment at any driving licence centre to get the licence.

So just pass the theory test and then apply for tractor licence.

Great news if so, thanks for the reply.

So just pass the theory test and then apply for tractor licence.

Great news if so, thanks for the reply.

There are apps out there to practice the theory test I think you need 36 out of 40 to pass. It's not too easy. If you don't get the pass you have to repeat which could take up to a month to get another appointment

Read this there on citizen information

"If you have a learner permit for a work vehicle you should not carry a passenger unless the vehicle is designed to do so, and the passenger is a qualified driver who has held a driving licence for a work vehicle for at least 2 years."

So that will cover him to drive the tractor on his own for the year or whatever it takes to pass the full test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭emaherx

Regards
    Bob

Tractor dosen't need to be single seater, they just can't carry any unlicensed passengers.

https://www.thatsfarming.com/news/l-plates-news

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/does-a-tractor-driver-with-a-learner-permit-need-to-be-accompanied/

Some great info in them links, thanks

What's the situation in theory test centres for teenagers in regard to the Public Services Card?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

What's the situation in theory test centres for teenagers in regard to the Public Services Card?

I'm fairly sure that a public service card is required as an identity source when dealing with the licensing authority. If you make an appointment with your local social welfare office they'll complete the application process with you.

• Advertisement

We had to get the psc last year. I think it has changed now and is not a requirement to do the theory test. I may be wrong though. Just googled and as and from August 2018 last no longer required

We had to get the psc last year. I think it has changed now and is not a requirement to do the theory test. I may be wrong though. Just googled and as and from August 2018 last no longer required

Yea that's why i asked as Google said otherwise.

Yea that's why i asked as Google said otherwise.

My lad went in to the theory test thinking he knew it all and got 33 out of 40. .had to rebook and pay again. Money making racket as some answers are very dubious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,617 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

My lad went in to the theory test thinking he knew it all and got 33 out of 40. .had to rebook and pay again. Money making racket as some answers are very dubious

Yea.
    I had to do it recently as I want to add BE to my licence. Some of the questions are very obscure indeed and would need explaining in depth to a non driver.

16yo here is studying the book and she plans to do the test before holidays are over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea.
    I had to do it recently as I want to add BE to my licence. Some of the questions are very obscure indeed and would need explaining in depth to a non driver.

16yo here is studying the book and she plans to do the test before holidays are over.

I must do the same thing soon myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Seen a photo of a pink rainbow on ITV News. Never knew the likes existed, the red setting sun refracted in the raindrops, really pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea.
    I had to do it recently as I want to add BE to my licence.
    When you’re going to the bother of the BE test.
    Would you consider doing C followed by CE
    For 1 additional test you’ll have gained C C1 BE C1E CE

When you’re going to the bother of the BE test.
    Would you consider doing C followed by CE
    For 1 additional test you’ll have gained C C1 BE C1E CE

Hadn’t thought about that. Might be an option.

Seen on Facebook there are animal rights protests in Roscrea, anyone heard anything?

https://www.tipperarylive.ie/news/home/426585/animals-rights-protest-underway-in-roscrea.html

emaherx wrote: »
    Seen on Facebook there are animal rights protests in Roscrea, anyone heard anything?

https://www.tipperarylive.ie/news/home/426585/animals-rights-protest-underway-in-roscrea.html

More bull****e ...
    Stop the trucks” is a nonviolent direct action encouraging people to be present in the face of what they claim is injustice. Activists are attempting to stop the trucks on a public road for a few minutes "to bear witness to nonhuman animals" en route to slaughter.

I see our ex jailed uk animal rights activist ucd lecturer is supporting same.

Cant understand how someone like that ever there tbh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭dmakc

Grand to have free time on a Tuesday and Wednesday

• Advertisement

Just had a missed call from an Italy number. Must be scam numbers doing the rounds again

dmakc wrote: »
    Grand to have free time on a Tuesday and Wednesday

On holiday? Lovely weather for it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭dmakc

On holiday? Lovely weather for it ;)

I mean the protesters in Roscrea - not many of them would require a holiday for it ;)

Just had a missed call from an Italy number. Must be scam numbers doing the rounds again

You should ring back and check so we know for sure 😉

More bull****e ...

I see our ex jailed uk animal rights activist ucd lecturer is supporting same.

Cant understand how someone like that ever got tenure tbh..

Seen a video too, not all the trucks are stopping either :D wonder where they'd stand if they run one over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

emaherx wrote: »
    Seen a video too, not all the trucks are stopping either :D wonder where they'd stand if they run one over?

They wouldn't stand at all sure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

They wouldn't stand at all sure :D

Ooooh dark. I like it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Calls going round with us from the Australian Tax Office, were not sure if its a scam or not but well just hang up to be safe.

Better living everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Not sure if I should claim early lambing or late lambing?:D
    PlgRRiv.jpg
    Mom and lambs doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

I'm fairly sure that a public service card is required as an identity source when dealing with the licensing authority. If you make an appointment with your local social welfare office they'll complete the application process with you.

Went with my 16 yr old to get public services card. Fella on counter wouldn't give him one until i got one myself, so we both got a card even though I don't need it. Luckily he done them both there and then,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement