Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farm Insurance

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Last started farming there myself this year. Insurance up they want €1322 for 2 tractors third party 7 bay slatted tank 3 bay lean 2 and public liability. Is this not robbery.

Thats sounds right. Check my own. What size farm? Diferent rates think in acres like 100 to 150 etc. Know over 200 it goes up a bit,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

It's getting to the stage where you would wonder if its worth having insurance.
    Depending on where farm is how far from road etc.
    Money might be better spent on fencing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭roosky

hi all,

bit of a weird one but someone might know!

so I am farming with father in joint herd number but slowing putting all into my name (slowly!)

is it possible to insure machinery in my name along with farm insurance while the log books etc are in his name.

Or am i aswell put all machinery in my name.

its a big thing for him to sign over all his machinery to me !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭Base price

roosky wrote: »
    hi all,

so I am farming with father in joint herd number but slowing putting all into my name (slowly!)

is it possible to insure machinery in my name along with farm insurance while the log books etc are in his name.

Probably best to phone your insurance company/broker and ask. Having said that since you are farming under a joint herd number (I presume you are the "herd keeper" with DAFM) you could explain to them that you are responsible for the day to day running of the livestock/farm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

hi all,

You could put them in joint names and insure in your own name.

However I think farm machinery is treated different to cars and similar vehicules. Insurance companies seems to have a right bee in there bonnet over a car being in one person s name and insured in another person name.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Fbd are being very awkward about all this has anyone used Axa they have the best quaotes for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Fbd are being very awkward about all this has anyone used Axa they have the best quaotes for me

Due for renewal soon
    With Axa via a broker, FBD were way off last term
    Had no issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Insurance gone up 20% with me this year

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

With axa last year and just renewed again this year.
    No change in cost of cover since last year

Reggie. wrote: »
    Insurance gone up 20% with me this year

Who are you insured with. Up until about 5-6 years ago I was with FBD moved to Aviva and was with them untill 2018. I went with Zurich lady year and bill was about 30% cheaper than Aviva quote Quote went up about 4.5% this year. Insurance is the one thing you really have to show around with.

By shopping around and reconfiguring policy's last year we saved about 2.5k across the family in cars farm and medical insurance

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Sami23

Who are you insured with. Up until about 5-6 years ago I was with FBD moved to Aviva and was with them untill 2018. I went with Zurich lady year and bill was about 30% cheaper than Aviva quote Quote went up about 4.5% this year. Insurance is the one thing you really have to show around with.

By shopping around and reconfiguring policy's last year we saved about 2.5k across the family in cars farm and medical insurance

Absolutely agree. Was with FBD for good few years myself. Changed to Zurich last year and changed to AXA this year as they were the cheapest with ideatical cover and sums insured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

That quote was with Zurich but I believe that the broker wants to hit up axa for a quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭alps

hi all,

You don't need to own something to insure it....you just need to have an insurable interest...which you have..

alps wrote: »
    You don't need to own something to insure it....you just need to have an insurable interest...which you have..

Thanks, FBD point blank told me i cant insure something i dont own.....very disappointed with how i was treated by the sales team they were very pushy and would have bullied the likes of my parents into a policy they dont need

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

OH's car is 13 years old this year, got a steep quote from her current insurer, Alliance, tried FBD who are 150 dearer. Has anyone else got quotes recently for an older car?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

blue5000 wrote: »
    OH's car is 13 years old this year, got a steep quote from her current insurer, Alliance, tried FBD who are 150 dearer. Has anyone else got quotes recently for an older car?

Got a quote of over 800 for an 07 passat renewal, no claims etc. Will be ringing em up to drop it and see what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Have you tried Chill.ie Blue?

I started using them a few years ago and they have always come in with very good rates that I haven't been able to beat anywhere

TBh it a case of sitting down at a computer and going through one by one. However AXA ansd Aviva are giving good quotes latly. Hard to beat a key board and a screen whether on a labtop or desktop compared to using a pad or phoneat times like that

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Thanks for the replies, she was online this morning and a lot of them wouldn't quote because of the age of the car. Eventually got Alliance to 570, comp so we'll probably go with them.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

its4women.ie is usually pretty good aswell (Code: NLH30 or LQ456 should give a €30-35 discount aswell). Aviva are another one that are usually competitive although having said that the quotes vary a lot from year to year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

I have a 11 year old car insured with Allianz for the past couple of years.
    They are the most competitive that I could find.

Advertisement