Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Offers 2019?

Options
  • 14-06-2019 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Has anyone received their offer yet after sitting an interview?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Had 2 interviews in UL, received email after each to confirm that I satisfied the requirements and was being considered for a place.
    After that, radio silence and I expect it to stay that way until July 5th TBH.

Yes a heads up or a nod and wink would be brilliant and make planning for September a lot easier but it would be hard on those applicants who didn't get it I suppose.

Good luck with your application ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 am27

I suppose no news is still good news.. It's mad when you look at previous years threads and people found out in April/May they would be getting an offer in July. Nearly there I guess! :)

am27 wrote: »
    I suppose no news is still good news.. It's mad when you look at previous years threads and people found out in April/May they would be getting an offer in July. Nearly there I guess! :)

Yeah it really is.
    I went to the Info evening and the old director of the school of business was giving interview advice and made it clear that he always let a candidate know that they were in.
    I was v.happy with both my interviews, and TBH the interview panel at my 2nd interview impressed me so much that I changed my 1st choice on the CAO!

I had expected based on the previous posts and info gleaned at the open night that I would "know" if I got in, but no inkling yet.

Both my interviews were towards the end of May, I'd love to hear a heads up from them but I'm now resigned to checking for a CAO offer whilst I'm away on holiday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LauraMcPaula

am27 wrote: »
    Has anyone received their offer yet after sitting an interview?

I applied for five courses at UCC and got offered 4, by email, by the end of May. I suppose every college does it differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I got two offers One for Maynooth and one for DCU. I am taking Maynooth. Woohooo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Namith

Went for two interviews in UCC got offered both via email in late May

Namith wrote: »
    Went for two interviews in UCC got offered both via email in late May

Congrats. What course are you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Namith

Congrats. What course are you going for?

BIS is my first choice cant wait to get started, got approved for susi the other day as well ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Got offered a place in UCD and am applying for the grant. Unfortunately I did a year and a half in DKIT in 2003 when I left school before dropping out. Does anyone have experience of contacting old colleges and looking for proof of attendance? Apparently SUSI requires it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 am27

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Got offered a place in UCD and am applying for the grant. Unfortunately I did a year and a half in DKIT in 2003 when I left school before dropping out. Does anyone have experience of contacting old colleges and looking for proof of attendance? Apparently SUSI requires it.

I needed one years ago when I left a course. I rang the admissions office with my student number and they sent a letter out in the post soon after. It was just a simple one liner stating when I started and when I withdrew. You should have no problem getting one. All the best with it.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Yeah it really is.
    I went to the Info evening and the old director of the school of business was giving interview advice and made it clear that he always let a candidate know that they were in.
    I was v.happy with both my interviews, and TBH the interview panel at my 2nd interview impressed me so much that I changed my 1st choice on the CAO!

Only an idiot turns up to an interview with no "courting" of the college/University for a year before. The smart candidate is in at open days telling Course Directors they are interested in the course and writes back to say thank you. They are telling the course director that they are interested in the course and what they want to do when they are done. It sounds a lot like kissing arse but that is how you get on the high demand low places course.

You need to make sure they know you before you get to interview stage. There is no harm in pressing the flesh and showing an active interest. I would say if you got to interview stage you are halfway there.

Both my interviews were towards the end of May, I'd love to hear a heads up from them but I'm now resigned to checking for a CAO offer whilst I'm away on holiday ;)

Received and already accepted an offer for my 1st choice in UL this morning.

I hope everyone else who is waiting on news gets what they want today in the mature offers.

Received and already accepted an offer for my 1st choice in UL this morning.

I hope everyone else who is waiting on news gets what they want today in the mature offers.

Congratulations. I accepted mine for UCC. No going back now.

Congratulations. I accepted mine for UCC. No going back now.

Congrats and good luck with your course!
    :D

Namith wrote: »
    BIS is my first choice cant wait to get started, got approved for susi the other day as well ðŸ˜

That is an amazing course, and you get a chance to Intern over in the states for the summer?

Advertisement