Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Friend Pedro (Out Now - PC/Switch)

Options
  • 20-06-2019 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Looks absolutely mad, so it's no surprise that Devolver Digital is publishing. My Friend Pedro is from DeadToast Entertainment and is out today on PC and Switch.

It is "is a 2D sidescrolling action game about a guy in a gimp mask who commits mass murder because a banana tells him to" (thanks PC Gamer). The game features an automated GIF generator, so expect to see plenty from it on social platforms in the coming days.

A nonsensical launch trailer :D

Will definitely be investing in this later (assuming my laptop can run it - kinda wish there was a PS4 option)!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Been looking forward to the full version of this for years, it's going straight to the top of the play list.

Here's some recent gameplay footage in case folks haven't seen the game in action yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Was hoping to have a quick game before work on Switch, but it hadn't been unlocked yet. Developer tweeted to say 7am ET, so around 2pm here I think.

Eager to see how the controls work, looks like it could be tricky but hopefully should be a lot of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is this definitely a Switch exclusive? If so, hopefully timed because I really want to play this. Looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is this definitely a Switch exclusive? If so, hopefully timed because I really want to play this. Looks amazing!

No it's on PC as well.

Might have to fire up the old PC to get this so. It is ticking all the right boxes! Launch trailer makes me want an anime of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Womp womp woommmmp

483237.jpg

🤪

I checked the specs for it (on the work PC so can't test it) and they seem pretty low:

Minimum system requirements:
    CPU: Intel Core i3-530 (2 * 2930) or equivalent
    RAM: 4 GB RAM
    GPU: GeForce GT 440 (1024 MB) GPU: GeForce GTX 760 (2048 MB)
    Store: 4 GB available space
    Note: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

Recommended system requirements:
    CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 (2 * 3600) or equivalent
    RAM: 4 GB RAM
    GPU: GeForce GTX 760 (2048 MB)
    Store: 4 GB available space

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I read that out at first without the R, and did a double take... :p

Any chance this will come to ps4 down the line? I have a Microsoft surface that would struggle to run this. No budget to upgrade to a decent pc and no intention of buying a switch to play it.

Any chance this will come to ps4 down the line? I have a Microsoft surface that would struggle to run this. No budget to upgrade to a decent pc and no intention of buying a switch to play it.

here is a guy running it on a celeron n4200 with integrated graphics and 4gb of ram. you'll probably be ok on the surface!

• Advertisement

so basically this is a short platform run-and-gun game with a zany premise aimed at people who are obsessive about improving their times on levels.

Just finished this. Great fun while it lasts, but it's super short, two sittings would see you to the end. Can't really see myself going for high scores, as that's not my thing. Good game overall!

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Just finished this. Great fun while it lasts, but it's super short, two sittings would see you to the end. Can't really see myself going for high scores, as that's not my thing. Good game overall!

Where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The steam page has an official stream of it right now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/557340/My_Friend_Pedro/

glasso wrote: »
    Where did you get it?

Switch eshop.

Advertisement