Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The cycling podcast....

Options
  • 12-06-2019 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Anyone listen here?
    Can be very good, but like cycling in general, has become a bit prententious and up its own arse lately, always on about what they are eating/drinking etc, a think the whole rapha sponsorship has forced it down the road of aiming at the rapha wanker/calling cycling a ride crowd.
    But two of the hosts (Lionel Birnie and Richard Moore) are good to listen to, humorous and no real ego. The other host Daniel Friebe is at the other end of the scale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

been listening to them for years and pay for the friends special podcasts however I cant listen to the cycling podcast feminin. Think the eating thing is more of a piss take for Lionel as hes a man who likes his food. Friebes a bit of an odd ball and his views on certain things are pedantic but he has good knowledge of the sport and a decent interviewer, he did put Swiss Tony on every ones radar

The Bradley Wiggins show from Eurosport is a good Podcast they put them out but tends to focus on one race or one stage of a tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

neris wrote: »
    been listening to them for years and pay for the friends special podcasts however I cant listen to the cycling podcast feminin. Think the eating thing is more of a piss take for Lionel as hes a man who likes his food. Friebes a bit of an odd ball and his views on certain things are pedantic but he has good knowledge of the sport and a decent interviewer, he did put Swiss Tony on every ones radar

Ah its a bit more than a pisstake, its definitely veered into the realms of pretentiousness at this stage. The whole cycling/coffee thing and rapha cycling 'culture' does my head in tho, so maybe thats colouring my view.
    Yeah, he's a decent interviewer but I just find him a bit too arrogant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭griffin100

The Bradley Wiggins Eurosport podcast is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

tried listening to their new spin off show Service Course about bike tech, had to turn it off was just waffle and what ever tech they mentioned was lost some where in the waffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

neris wrote: »
    tried listening to their new spin off show Service Course about bike tech, had to turn it off was just waffle and what ever tech they mentioned was lost some where in the waffle

Yeah, I was actually shocked at just how bad it was. The female presenter was like a star stuck school girl. And unprofessional to boot. They go to a trade show and don't mention one new bike! Given the general quality of the parent podcast, I'd say this one will need a 180 degree turn in form or it will be ditched.
    Cycling tips does the tech stuff so much better, if you can bear the millennial, liberal American accents. They actually describe and analyse and critique the stuff.
    Five weeks till the next episode too, what's that about?!
    Dreadful first episode, really was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement