Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice

Options
  • 27-05-2019 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

(This hasn't occurred yet but due to leaving studying late, I'm pretty sure this scenario will occur soon and so this is why I'm looking for any advice/opinions to prepare myself.)

I'm stuck between two decisions of repeating my leaving cert or not, this is the situation:
    I wanted to get into a course in DUT but didn't get enough points for it and instead got offered my backup choice which has the same course in NCI but to be honest I'm worried that if I go to NCI my job prospects/employment chance will lessen due to the fact that in comparison to other students, I went to a college instead of a university.
    So the question is, stick with NCI or study for a year and repeat to get into the DUT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

NCI is a very reputable institution.

Granted, TU4 Dublin is generally very highly regarded and would arguably look better on your CV.

If I were you, I would take NCI.

Advertisement