Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Nfl Draft

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Obviously we have no idea who will be good and who will be bad in the NFL so there's little point speculating on players, but I wouldn't be overjoyed with the positions taken by Gutekunst over the past few days.

Billy86 wrote: »
    NFC East rule of thumb, both for games between them, and the division generally: never bet on the favourite.

Last back to back winners was early 00s right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ohio st also had Urban Meyer one of the best coaches. Washington has Jay Gruden, a terrible O-line, can't stop the run, best player now is Adrian Peterson on offense I don't see Haskins being an upgrade to even Colt McCoy let alone Alex Smith.
    We you know little to nothing about Haskins then
    To make the Skins favorite isn't just jumping the gun it's jumping off a cliff. He probably won't even start this year, McCoy will still be starter week 1 if he's healthy.
    He will start week 1 because he'll win the job in camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Haskins will start because Dan Snyder will say so. It's that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Last back to back winners was early 00s right

Yeah Eagles won it four in a row from 2001-2004

New winners every year since then

Dallas has won it 5 times, Eagles 4, Giants 3 and Redskins 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

eagle eye wrote: »
    We you know little to nothing about Haskins then

He will start week 1 because he'll win the job in camp.

Lol I watch NCAAF every week. When was the last time a Buckeye QB did anything in the NFL? Been so long I can't remember. Like I said, they only look good in college because they are on teams that basically just need a QB to not screw up and lose the game because their D and run game dominate so much.

I actually forgot that the Skins got Keenum and McCoy broke his leg. Either one of them almost certainly starts week 1. And I'll bet any amount you want to name that they don't win the NFC East. They wont even make it to the playoffs, as has been the case for 21 out of the last 27 years.

Lol I watch NCAAF every week. When was the last time a Buckeye QB did anything in the NFL? Been so long I can't remember. Like I said, they only look good in college because they are on teams that basically just need a QB to not screw up and lose the game because their D and run game dominate so much.

I actually forgot that the Skins got Keenum and McCoy broke his leg. Either one of them almost certainly starts week 1. And I'll bet any amount you want to name that they don't win the NFC East. They wont even make it to the playoffs, as has been the case for 21 out of the last 27 years.
    Lmfao, who was the last good QB to come out of Michigan besides Tom Brady?

Who besides Russel Wilson came out of Wisconsin and was successful?
    Who besides Drew Brees came out of Purdue and did well?

Who besides Aaron Rodgers came out of California and did well?

Who besides Andrew Luck came out of Stanford and did well?

Who besides Patrick Mahomes came out of Texas Tech and did well?

How stupid can you be to decide somebody's fate based on the college they attended?

If you are willing to give me the price I can get from a bookie then I'll take you on. We will have to get somebody to hold the money though or it's not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Lmfao, who was the last good QB to come out of Michigan besides Tom Brady?

Who besides Russel Wilson came out of Wisconsin and was successful?
    Who besides Drew Brees came out of Purdue and did well?

Who besides Aaron Rodgers came out of California and did well?

Who besides Andrew Luck came out of Stanford and did well?

Who besides Patrick Mahomes came out of Texas Tech and did well?

How stupid can you be to decide somebody's fate based on the college they attended?

If you are willing to give me the price I can get from a bookie then I'll take you on. We will have to get somebody to hold the money though or it's not happening.

Take the bet and not be coward. There have been many bet on boards and they always paid out.

I will say now, you will not take bet because you will claim it cannot be guaranteed. You will go to any length to not put your monies where your mouth is.

This is because you know you have a low chance of winning and you do not believe your own opinion because they are made only to start fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Take the bet and not be coward. There have been many bet on boards and they always paid out.

I will say now, you will not take bet because you will claim it cannot be guaranteed. You will go to any length to not put your monies where your mouth is.

This is because you know you have a low chance of winning and you do not believe your own opinion because they are made only to start fights.

The bet is that the Skins make the playoffs, that's fairly straightforward. If the bet is about whether Haskins becomes a good QB there'll likely never be a consensus because of all the variables, especially if he starts his career like Winston or Dalton. And even then, you'd need to at least give him 2 years, and I wouldn't trust anyone on this site to hold my money for 2 years.

Fwiw I think the argument is stupid. Saying that Haskins will either be a boom or bust is ridiculous, if anyone knew that for certain they wouldn't be posting on Boards. Look at how everyone reacted to the Wentz and Mahomes picks for example, iirc one fairly prominent poster here said he'd give out blowjobs on Grafton Street if Mahomes ever became a franchise QB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

As a long suffering Redskins fan, I wouldn't be putting money on them making the playoffs next season. Their Superbowl odds actually increased after the draft, not that that means too much.

They are improving but Dallas and Philly are just better at the moment.

• Advertisement

The bet is that the Skins make the playoffs, that's fairly straightforward. If the bet is about whether Haskins becomes a good QB there'll likely never be a consensus because of all the variables, especially if he starts his career like Winston or Dalton. And even then, you'd need to at least give him 2 years, and I wouldn't trust anyone on this site to hold my money for 2 years.

Fwiw I think the argument is stupid. Saying that Haskins will either be a boom or bust is ridiculous, if anyone knew that for certain they wouldn't be posting on Boards. Look at how everyone reacted to the Wentz and Mahomes picks for example, iirc one fairly prominent poster here said he'd give out blowjobs on Grafton Street if Mahomes ever became a franchise QB.

Always Tired say - "I'll bet any amount you want to name that they don't win the NFC East." That is bet.

The blowjob thing is disgusting and not a bet, is it? I agree that speculating on players future is almost impossible to predict.

So just for clarity. The bet is that the Redskins win the NFC East next year. I think eagle eye should take bet, if he truly believes this will happen. But I do not think he will.

The rest of the conversation has nothing to do with the bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Always Tired say - "I'll bet any amount you want to name that they don't win the NFC East." That is bet.

The blowjob thing is disgusting and not a bet, is it? I agree that speculating on players future is almost impossible to predict.
    Not my words but a pledge is a pledge :D:D
    So just for clarity. The bet is that the Redskins win the NFC East next year. I think eagle eye should take bet, if he truly believes this will happen. But I do not think he will.

The rest of the conversation has nothing to do with the bet.

I agree but I think eagle-eye's argument is more about Haskins than the Skins. In fact, I don't think he's made any prediction about the Skins, other than who their starting QB will be week 1, which I again I think is a silly bet as it won't necessarily go to the best QB.

Anyway, I'm gonna sit this one out. I'll let Always Tired and Eagle Eye sort it out and enjoy the show :pac:

I've set out terms.

Now go away and mind your own business.

I've set out terms.

Now go away and mind your own business.

It's a public board. You post this on the board, so people can comment. I knew you would dodge this bet, I was right all along :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Only 1 of the last 8 first round QBs drafted have started week 1. I really, really doubt Haskins starts week 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

It's a public board. You post this on the board, so people can comment. I knew you would dodge this bet, I was right all along :)

No he's not dodging, he just wants bookie odds which are what, 6/1?

I'd be happy to give you that but as for what was mentioned about 'letting someone else hold the money', not a chance if I'm giving you 6/1. That would mean if you wanted to bet, say 100, I would have to have 600 tied up until the end of the year.

I can think of a much better use for 600 euros, off the top of my head:
    Bet 150 against Washington week 1 at Philly.
    Bet 150 against Washington Week 2 vs Dallas
    Bet 150 against Washington Week 3 vs Chicago
    (Actually hope they start the rookie in those games, he'll be running for his life vs Cox, Lawrence and Mack.)
    Ill skip week 4 but tbh they might even be underdogs at NYG that week.
    Bet 150 against Washington vs NE week 5.

Yes, that is their schedule the first 5 weeks. Absolutely brutal. The top 2 teams in the division to start, and then a top quality NFC team right after those AND right before another division game. Horrible sandwich game there. And then after they run that gauntlet they play the Pats.

Tbh you'd be better off waiting til week 6, the Skins will be lucky to be anything better than 1-5 at that point and you'll probably get way bigger odds.

How about loser has to shave his head or something like that? Provided you have hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It really does need to be stressed that other teams being better than you last year in the nfl often means feck all if you have built well during the offseason. I'm still bitter about forgetting to put a 5er the Rams and Jags to win their divisions in 2017 at several hundred to one odds; the best value season bets imp in the whole league are typically in underdogs winning their division.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Mod Note Can we take the gambling discussion to the gambling thread please, or to PM if you prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There hasn't been this much Redskins talk on Boards in year. Oh how I wish they were relevant.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 decolts

Something you might be interested to see - the Colts have been doing a bit of a behind the scenes series leading up the draft, and then the final episode this week was from the war room during the draft - worth a watch for any NFL fan just to see how it all works!

Last episode is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5QNhKYq8WU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

decolts wrote: »
    Something you might be interested to see - the Colts have been doing a bit of a behind the scenes series leading up the draft, and then the final episode this week was from the war room during the draft - worth a watch for any NFL fan just to see how it all works!

Last episode is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5QNhKYq8WU

Cheers for that, I always love that type of stuff. I've never liked the Colts, going back to Brady v Manning, and I've always rooted against them since, but I really like the job Chris Ballard is doing there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Loved Reich's reaction after their 4th pick of the day.

Advertisement