Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Third Molar implant

• 23-06-2019 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I had my bottom left third Molar was rotted a lot. It's been like that since I was a teenager and would hurt on occasion but recently my first and second molar began feeling uncomfortable.

My dentist said my gums were inflamed from the movement and it had pushed my second Molar, that she could root canal or extract my third molar. At the time I just chose to extract it but now I feel like I'll miss the tooth for eating and tooth allignment.

My second molar is sensitive at the moment and feels prone to movement if it exerted moderate force.

I'll be returning to my dentist to remove the stitches and for a check-up on Friday but would like to know if getting a third molar implant is a good idea, if my second molar will be okay and if braces may be needed to realign my second molar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Generally 3rd Molars (wisdom teeth) are not replaced with implants for various technical reasons. Discuss it with your dentist.....first molars are a different story and its more likely thats what you have here as 3rd molars generally dont erupt until you 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

Generally 3rd Molars (wisdom teeth) are not replaced with implants for various technical reasons. Discuss it with your dentist.....first molars are a different story and its more likely thats what you have here as 3rd molars generally dont erupt until you 20's.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. You're right. I was counting premolars as molars so it is a first molar on the bottom left. Do you have an idea how much an implant will cost and is it a good idea to get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

An implant to replace a 1st molar is usually a excellent idea. Cost will vary depending on who does it. Usually between 2 and 3 thousand all in. You will find some more expensive and some cheaper, best stick in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

An implant to replace a 1st molar is usually a excellent idea. Cost will vary depending on who does it. Usually between 2 and 3 thousand all in. You will find some more expensive and some cheaper, best stick in the middle.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be sure to bring this up with my dentist at the follow up appointment.

Because my extracted molar sank over time the top molar dropped to fill the gap. What can be done about that if I get an implant?

The premolar next to my molar feels loose and sensitive after being pushed out of place what can remedy this? Are adult braces a good idea?

My teeth are also quite sharp and I cut my tongue quite a bit, what can I do about that.

Really appreciate all of the advice. Sher I know I can always ask my dentist but it's great to have an idea to prepare myself and calm my nerves 🙂

Advertisement