Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disney Plus Family before price increase (New Subscribers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

has anyone tried India as a country there is a service called Disney+ Hotstar that works out at 1499 rupee a year or approx €17.15, cant take credit for this followed the guide at Linky but havent signed up yet, want to know if it will work with existing app on firestick etc. No use if the kids cant use it themselves, my D+ sub doesnt expire until March so dont need it just yet, Argentina may also be an option at about €35, have we a guinea pig?

I tried it but it asked for a phone number I forgot about that. I didn't know any Indian numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I tried it but it asked for a phone number I forgot about that. I didn't know any Indian numbers.

ive just tried it, used a virtual sms verification site, seems to have been used by 100s of people trying to do this, it links the account to the mobile number, complete ball ache maybe Argentina is an option once expired, would be nice to know if it works ala netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ive just tried it, used a virtual sms verification site, seems to have been used by 100s of people trying to do this, it links the account to the mobile number, complete ball ache maybe Argentina is an option once expired, would be nice to know if it works ala netflix

Isn't the issue that it requires the same SMS issue every time you login rather than a once off? Those SMS services are grand if its a sign up only.
    Argentina, issue is the digital tax I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Seems like Argentina way wont accept card. Saying here to wait for Eastern Europe

https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlusVPN/comments/lah5mc/cheaper_disneyplus_by_registering_in_argentinia/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Try Ali Express I'm paying for netflix through it 18 dollars for the year for 1 screen. I seen disney plus on it for similar money

keavebm wrote: »
    Try Ali Express I'm paying for netflix through it 18 dollars for the year for 1 screen. I seen disney plus on it for similar money

That sounds like they're selling slots in a family. Similar to what goes on here except the account holder is making a few Bob. See they do same for Hulu, hbo, stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

ALS wrote: »
    I subscribed last year at the discounted price of €59.99 and was just onto live chat @Disney plus and asked about renewing at €69, this was the response...

A
    I have confirmed that the new pricing applies only to new customers and for returning lapsed customers. If a customer lapses between 23 February and 23 August 2021 (no longer has an active subscription) and then wants to purchase a new subscription, they will be charged the new higher price. In your case, it will auto renew on the 24th of March which means you will still have the old pricing.
    A
    Auto renewal mean it will just keep paying each year from the card until cancelled.
    A
    It will still be €59.99 because of the €10 discount

Thanks for sharing I got it for that price too last year €59.99
    After the initial wow the novelty has worn off - only so much Avengers and Mando. Not likely to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

Will existing subscribers keep the same price?

In Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, current prices for existing subscribers will be honoured for 6 months, with the price change taking effect on 23 August 2021.

Existing monthly customers will continue to be charged the current lower price for all monthly recurring payments that occur before 23 August. All subsequent recurring payments ON OR AFTER 23 August will be at the new higher price.

Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year BEFORE 23 August will be charged the current lower price. Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year ON OR AFTER 23 August will be charged the new higher price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭chonix

Will existing subscribers keep the same price?

In Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, current prices for existing subscribers will be honoured for 6 months, with the price change taking effect on 23 August 2021.

Existing monthly customers will continue to be charged the current lower price for all monthly recurring payments that occur before 23 August. All subsequent recurring payments ON OR AFTER 23 August will be at the new higher price.

Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year BEFORE 23 August will be charged the current lower price. Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year ON OR AFTER 23 August will be charged the new higher price.
    https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=936f7b091b8de8187c1f5246624bcbde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

TheDriver wrote: »
    That sounds like they're selling slots in a family. Similar to what goes on here except the account holder is making a few Bob. See they do same for Hulu, hbo, stars.

Yeah they never last I took an amazon prime for a year it lasted a couple of months and then just stopped working and the shop disappeared, I was investigating hbo max but all the sellers seem to be set up very recently and will probably disappear after a month or two. I suppose the low price is worth the risk but don't be surprised if it stops working.
    With regards disney it will be interesting if they will honor the 59.99 a lot of us took as when I look at my account it says disney plus 69.99 but if I look at last year's billing it says 59.99,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭lau1247

With regards disney it will be interesting if they will honor the 59.99 a lot of us took as when I look at my account it says disney plus 69.99 but if I look at last year's billing it says 59.99,

The first email I got after subscribing last year said 59.99 first year and 69.99 thereafter. Most likely it will be 69.99.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Interested to join a family for Disney + if there’s any slots available? Thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Have one space on a family coming available for a year if anyone wants to come in with 3 others?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

eeloe wrote: »
    Have one space on a family coming available for a year if anyone wants to come in with 3 others?

I will take that place if still available thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

portcrap wrote: »
    Interested to join a family for Disney + if there’s any slots available? Thanks

Did you find a family? I'm looking to sign up for a year as well and can go with anywhere from 1-3 others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

keavebm wrote: »

I did this for a fiver.it says for a year but that's not going to happen :) ill be happy to get 3 months out of it.
    You just change the language on the menu and the audio in what your watching once and its fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

I did this for a fiver.it says for a year but that's not going to happen ill be happy to get 3 months out of it. You just change the language on the menu and the audio in what your watching once and its fine.

I'm 3 months in and no complaint yet.

I am setting up family account for a year and have two more slots if anyone is interested. I'll want to be signing up tomorrow or Monday at the latest to beat the price increase. PM me or post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anyone what the deal is if you pay by phone credit?
    I am guessing they will just take the higher amount?

Apologies if already answered

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cylor

garo wrote: »
    I am setting up family account for a year and have two more slots if anyone is interested. I'll want to be signing up tomorrow or Monday at the latest to beat the price increase. PM me or post here.

I'm interested in one of the slots, just PM'ed you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭FluffPiece

I'm interested if there's a slot available.

Slots are gone. Apologies Fluffpiece but I received 2 PMs before your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

The selection of movies/TV in the new Star section is very poor. No Deadpool, Logan, 24 etc.

Edit. My mistake. The content rating needed to be changed to 18+. It seems to default to a lower rating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

bromley52 wrote: »
    The selection of movies/TV in the new Star section is very poor. No Deadpool, Logan, 24 etc.

Edit. My mistake. The content rating needed to be changed to 18+. It seems to default to a lower rating.

The selection is poor regardless.
    Thought they'd go big for the launch.
    I'll be cancelling at the end of my subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

After missing the deadline day for the cheaper rate but wondering if anyone still interested I will set one up and we can split the cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭CorkBoyInDub

deco72 wrote: »
    After missing the deadline day for the cheaper rate but wondering if anyone still interested I will set one up and we can split the cost?

I'm in if you can get a few more :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

Count me in to

I'm in if you can get a few more :D
    Count me in to

Cool will look to do this later today. Will send you PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

deco72 wrote: »
    Cool will look to do this later today. Will send you PM.
    I'm interested also if there is space, thanks

Roxirose wrote: »
    I'm interested also if there is space, thanks

If others drop out will let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

next in line if a place pops up, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Folks how do i restart sub ? I had cancelled and Mine is expiring april and want to continue with old price..

Folks how do i restart sub ? I had cancelled and Mine is expiring april and want to continue with old price..
    I think you have to wait until it expires

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

My subscription expired yesterday, when I go to renew it's charging me the higher price! I got no notification that it was expiring & needed 2 renew b4 it expired 2 avail of the lower yearly price! At over 30% price increase I can't justify it! Really sneaky stuff from Disney!

curranbaz wrote: »
    My subscription expired yesterday, when I go to renew it's charging me the higher price! I got no notification that it was expiring & needed 2 renew b4 it expired 2 avail of the lower yearly price! At over 30% price increase I can't justify it! Really sneaky stuff from Disney!

U cant renew before expiry anyways ! Mine is cancelled and finishing on 6th and i cannot renew

TheDriver wrote: »
    I think you have to wait until it expires

I think i will be charged higher peice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Mine renewed automatically yesterday also but at the price of €69.99. There wasn't any box ticking exercise to complete apart from unfreezing the Revolut card. I received an email from them about 3 weeks.back informing of the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Mine renewed automatically yesterday also but at the price of €69.99. There wasn't any box ticking exercise to complete apart from unfreezing the Revolut card. I received an email from them about 3 weeks.back informing of the change.

As long as your subscription renews before August 23rd 2021 you'll pay €69.99 afterwards or new sub will be €89.99

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Looking to join a family if anyone has a spot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

How is it sneaky of them?

You obviously unticked auto renewal or cancelled auto renewing at some point and then had second thoughts when it was too late.

Mine just renewed. I got a mail from PayPal about an upcoming subscription renewal a week ago, then go another when it rolled over. No disruption in service, no increase in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

Got charged the new price.
    Waited 2 cycles of 47 minutes trying to get through to online customer care.
    No joy, so rang 01-5569035, Option 3.
    Got straight through and the girl processed the refund.

She said it's a known issue and it's been chaos since yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just checked mine - renewal went thru automatically at €69.99

getting the 35 quid from my brother in law will be the real challenge!

Soarer wrote: »
    Got charged the new price.
    Waited 2 cycles of 47 minutes trying to get through to online customer care.
    No joy, so rang 01-5569035, Option 3.
    Got straight through and the girl processed the refund.

She said it's a known issue and it's been chaos since yesterday.

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-auto-renewal-causes-major-problems-for-subscribers-across-europe/?fbclid=IwAR0kwupzmcOBHZ2wI25B2kTU1o3kgzOqyCtxb9skbUbgg7ZIjUHbtUSUJyI

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Mine auto renewed at 69.99 no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

OU812 wrote: »
    How is it sneaky of them?

You obviously unticked auto renewal or cancelled auto renewing at some point and then had second thoughts when it was too late.

Mine just renewed. I got a mail from PayPal about an upcoming subscription renewal a week ago, then go another when it rolled over. No disruption in service, no increase in price.

Please don't make assumptions till u know all the facts!

So turns out I was in the same boat as others, didn't realise the card I paid with last year had expired! Poorly managed by Disney! Think they should have sent a reminder email a few days in advance of account expiry!

Rang the helpline as others had suggested & a very helpful agent sorted the refund in no time! They are up to their eyeballs over the last couple of days with people in the same situation!

• Advertisement

Please don't make assumptions till u know all the facts!

So turns out I was in the same boat as others, didn't realise the card I paid with last year had expired! Poorly managed by Disney! Think they should have sent a reminder email a few days in advance of account expiry!

Rang the helpline as others had suggested & a very helpful agent sorted the refund in no time! They are up to their eyeballs over the last couple of days with people in the same situation!

I think it's up to you to know when your card is expiring.

Happy for you that you got your refund, but this is 100% on you. Absolutely nothing underhand or sneaky on Disney's part.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LionKing7

Hello,

I’m also looking to join a family if anyone has a spot?

Am also looking to join a family if anyone wants to set one up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Looking also to join a family. Had been in one since last year that didn't renew.

Genghis wrote: »
    Looking also to join a family. Had been in one since last year that didn't renew.

There must be enough of us by now to set one up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement