Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asos

Options
  • 24-02-2021 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi, I placed an ASOS order last night. I previously used UK app, but on placing order the app switched to Irish ASOS store - which makes sense, however I still paid in GBP. I contacted ASOS customer care today to ask if I’d incur duty charges & was given two conflicting responses:

“We’re not able to predict any customs charges that you may be charged. Both Express Delivery and Standard Delivery parcels can be subject to customs charges, which means that ordering with our Standard Delivery option sadly doesn't guarantee you won't incur any customs charges. If there are any customs charges for you to pay to receive your order, you'll be notified by your local customs office and they will explain the various options available to you.”

The connection was lost before I saw this (transcript was emailed to me) so in the meantime I asked again & was told...

“If you’re an EU customer placing an ASOS order for delivery to an EU address, you shouldn't have to pay any customs duty or import tax charges. Nothing to worry, we have hub all over Europe that can support deliveries to EU countries so that our valued customer can enjoy shopping without having to worry about customs”

Anyone any ideas?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I've placed two orders with Asos since January. Both were flown directly from Germany to Shannon. No charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The items will probably be shipped from a European location

Did they do the Eu > Sterling currency exchange for you? Might be a way for them to add a small commission with the transaction. Other than that it’s probably just a location thing

There'll be no hidden charges.

ASOS ship to EU addresses from EU warehouses.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Thanks a million for your responses - appreciate the reassurances.

They didn’t exchange currency - I had a GBP credit card saved to account so it took payment in GBP as with previous purchases.

Advertisement