Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vivo NEX S and NEX A

• 13-06-2018 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Body: Metal and glass, reflective triangular pattern on the back

Display: 6.49" AMOLED, 1080p+ resolution, 19.3:9 aspect ratio

Rear camera: Dual 12 MP + 5 MP camera (f/1.8 + f/2.4), OIS and Dual Pixel AF

Front camera: 8 MP camera (f/2.0) on a motorized popup platform

Software: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo

Chipset: 10 nm Snapdragon 845, quad 2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold + quad 1.7 GHz
    Kryo 385 Silver, Adreno 630

Memory: 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB storage; expandable microSD card

Battery: 4,000 mAh battery, 22.5 W charger in the box

Connectivity: USB-C (USB 2.0), 3.5 mm headphone jack

Misc: Under display fingerprint reader, piezoelectric earpiece, Jovi digital assistant with dedicated button

Seems like a quality phone at a great price (€600) . Also doing the NEX A Model with the same battery, but a different processor, 128GB non expandable and fingerprint sensor is at the back(€530). Very competitive with phones released around this time in the market.

Very unique with the pop up front camera. I'll be keeping an eye on reviews.

Pre orders from today.

Source:

https://www.gsmarena.com/vivo_nex_s_and_nex_a_hands_on_review-review-1778.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

rizzee wrote: »
    Seems like a quality phone at a great price (€600) . Also doing the NEX A Model with the same battery, but a different processor, 128GB non expandable and fingerprint sensor is at the back(€530). Very competitive with phones released around this time in the market.

Very unique with the pop up front camera. I'll be keeping an eye on reviews.

Pre orders from today.

Source:

https://www.gsmarena.com/vivo_nex_s_and_nex_a_hands_on_review-review-1778.php

It really does tick so many boxes (only thing I haven't seen mentioned is the IP rating) - would be very interested to see how easy it would be to get one's hands on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Don't think it is. No info here about it anyway. You'd think there would be if it had it, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

According to Android Authority it doesn't have an IP rating for water resistance. Probably because of the retractable selfie cam. Still the most interesting phone coming out in years and I hope it will pop up in a store in Ireland latest August when it's time for me to upgrade. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Good point about the retractable camera @duckofdeath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/vivo-nex-import,news-27571.html (US Link) but this seems like a seriously good phone

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a pretty unique phone. The software is maybe a bit buggy, as it tends to be with Chinese phones and the fingerprint sensor doesn't seem to be very consistent, but... I'd still buy one if it came to Ireland at the right price. It's that much different from everything else out there. Another upcoming phone to keep an eye out for is the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3. That phone is "leaked" to insinuate even thinner bezels. Then again, that should be taken with a grain of salt as Lenovo made a fake campaign for one of their budget phones last months, pretending to launch a truly bezel-free phone that turned out to have both notches, lips and everything else... :) After the Xiaomi I think it'll be a while until anyone else starts selling something similar. Samsung seems to be sticking to their design for another year and Apple is not going to back down from their horrible choice with the notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

No NFC on these phones I believe.
    Only thing that is putting me off

It's been confirmed to launch in the UK so there is hope it might also launch on this side of the water. €999, though. Not Galaxy Note expensive but still a hefty price for a 1080p phone. Samsung flagships comes with 1440p displays.

The software seems to be rather terrible, which is the norm for Chinese made phones it seems. If it does launch here I do hope there will be custom ROM's made by the likes of Lineage.

Advertisement