Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitors

Options
  • 22-06-2021 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

Guys, decided i am going to get a new monitor, should i just get another of what i have (24 in)and have 2 screens or a 32 inch curved?

What do you guys have?

I fly P3D V4 and FS2020

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

34" Ultrawide, just be mindful that you'll need a beefy system to drive it. If you want to go really nuts then the Samsung G9 Odyssey.

Two monitors will put the bezels right in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I have a RTX 2070 Super so it should be ok.. i think :D

I have a RTX 2070 Super so it should be ok.. i think :D

It'll be okay on a 34" but won't drive a 49". FS2020 is a bit of a pig to run but then there are meant to be performance improvements incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

DirectX 12 expected on 27th July so that should make a big difference like it did for P3D V5

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Just a caveat to all the sim enthusiasts out there, AMD have announced in recent days that quite a few of their chip sets will no longer be supported on Win 10, and by extension, that means they also won't be supported on Win 11, so be careful if you're thinking of picking up a cheap AMD graphics card, it may turn out to not be the bargain that it first appears to be.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Just a caveat to all the sim enthusiasts out there, AMD have announced in recent days that quite a few of their chip sets will no longer be supported on Win 10, and by extension, that means they also won't be supported on Win 11, so be careful if you're thinking of picking up a cheap AMD graphics card, it may turn out to not be the bargain that it first appears to be.

I have a feeling you have made a slight error/typo;)...They are dropping support for WIN 7 and 8.1...and not 10

https://www.ghacks.net/2021/06/23/amd-ends-graphics-driver-support-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-1/

No, for a whole range of chips, they have ceased all support for Win 10, and there will be no support for Win 11, there is a massive row going on at the moment on their support site.

For more details, see this link,

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-630

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

No, for a whole range of chips, they have ceased all support for Win 10, and there will be no support for Win 11, there is a massive row going on at the moment on their support site.

For more details, see this link,

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-630

Touché :o

To add insult to injury, they've thrown out another update, less than a week after this announcement, with several new games supports added.

I'm very unhappy with AMD, in that this affects "run of the mill" laptop systems, and they include AMD hardware for things like USB, which gets broken by Microsoft on a regular basis, and going forward, there will be no fixes if it turns out that the hardware is implicated.

The laptop here is not yet 3 years old, based on a chip that was announced in "mid 2018", so not exactly ancient, and it could have still been under Lenovo warranty, and they were still selling a similar model less than 18 months ago, I priced on for a friend when Covid first hit.

To kill off support on a current operating system for a machine that's so recent is not exactly friendly, to put it mildly, and I will be discussing it with Lenovo when I get home, family circumstances make that hard to do right now.

It also means that it won't be upgradeable to Win 11, which I am not exactly pleased about.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

It'll be okay on a 34" but won't drive a 49". FS2020 is a bit of a pig to run but then there are meant to be performance improvements incoming.

I have no intention of getting a 49 hahah

• Advertisement

I have no intention of getting a 49 hahah

No one has the intention of buying one - they're like a love child they just happen :pac:

Advertisement