Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Inflating tyres at home?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Floor bicycle pump. It inflates much faster than any electric compressor I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Yis are all too soft. :D

Bike_pump.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭deandean

I bought this off Amazon in 2019 and can't fault it. It plugs into the car lighter socket. Auto shut off. Have the engine running when you're using it.
    Ring Automotive Ring RTC1000
    The bicycle track pumps are 10 to 15 strokes per PSI. They'll leave you very sweaty!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I bought this at the start of the year. So far no issues. Really handy, and convenient and seems like very good quality.

This crowd are based in NI so no customs charges.
    Although delivery was a bit slow.

https://www.craigmoreonline.ie/draper-20582-12v-cordless-air-compressor?gclid=CjwKCAjwzruGBhBAEiwAUqMR8IzF-PSHmrL_Jx9M-tEz_QHy-3L0ZjeBU4C57KIby50MyVOTD9XX8BoCRb8QAvD_BwE

Amazon UK currently have this for £43.81/€53.37 delivered (via Prime)

Just pulled the trigger. Will be here Friday they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Use a bike pump, like above and this to ensure correct pressure

Halfords-LED-Digital-Tyre-Pressure-Gauge?fmt=auto&qlt=default&$sfcc_tile$&w=340

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I use a Park Tool bicycle track pump, the gauge is a bit crap for car tyres (I use a separate digital gauge) but I know about 10 pumps is 1 psi in my car tyres. Was about €50, has lasted years, good exercise :)

I previously had a cheap Aldi or Lidl track pump that blew some seal after a year or so. Buy nice or buy twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I used a Joe Blow bike pump on my sister's car a few times. Doesn't take long at all to top up tyres. It has an analogue gauge and I also have a digital gauge from when I was mountain biking and adjusting pressure on the go. Decent brand pump will last years of frequent use.

Only issue is looking a bit strange using a bike pump on a car, but it works and saves me having to go to a garage. Car only needs 1-2psi every few months so probably won't invest in a car specific one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I use an old 11CFM compressor, with a 200l tank, PCL inflator with gauge

Or if I'm lazy, the local applegreen

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Any recommendations for an inflator if I have a compressor already

PCL Mk4.

I had a cheap €15 eBay special and it wasn't 100% accurate and ended up breaking.

Advertisement