Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Here's what I saw today, mark 4 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Fiat 124 Spyder in Stillorgan. Had never seen one of these before. Looks like a slightly beefier version of an MX-5 from a distance.

Edit: the modern version, I meant, this car here:

https://www.edmunds.com/fiat/124-spider/2017/review/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

151 Mercedes SLS and a speed yellow M4 GTS both knocking around newcastle in galway earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

151 Mercedes SLS and a speed yellow M4 GTS both knocking around newcastle in galway earlier today.

The M4 GTS is supposedly not good to live with on a daily basis. I'd say the owner's back is in bits :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

I've had these on the phone the last few weeks that I am just getting to posting now.
    Spotted this brand new S class (S350) almost two weeks ago, I was surprise to see one as I wasn't aware they were out here already! Nothing special under the bonnet - only a 3.0 diesel, but the interior was gorgeous, no photo as the owner returned!

556637.jpg

Same car park as the S Class below only minutes apart!
    556638.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

They have gone all tesla with the massive screen in the s class not a fan of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

These two in Dublin;

IMG-20210623-000437.jpg

IMG-20210623-000600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

GeneHunt wrote: »
    I've had these on the phone the last few weeks that I am just getting to posting now.
    Spotted this brand new S class (S350) almost two weeks ago, I was surprise to see one as I wasn't aware they were out here already! Nothing special under the bonnet - only a 3.0 diesel, but the interior was gorgeous, no photo as the owner returned!

I have collected one of those things last week together with brand new hybrid Toyota Corolla. Not in here but in my home place and i have to say driving S class is hard in town with narrow roads, never mind parking it. I dont like that mercedes, it driving like a boat on the road. To get used to all new futurings you need to read instruction. Just too many of them and comparing to Toyota for example air condition is much more friendly in Toyota and cooling car much faster that Mercedes. I was about to bring those cars to Ireland but decide to leave Toyota in Poland as my 'transport' for holidays for me and my family and S-Class is for sale already with 3774km on clock. Planning to sell it or swap it for BMW M8 Cabriolet in september and will bring it to Ireland but leaving it on polish reg. I have some photos of both cars but only back from Poland and have to sort other things before edit and post photos. Photos to come.

2021 is very good year after all bad what happened to me in 2019 and 2020 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Kenmare this afternoon. I just can't get over how clean this is, better than factory;

IMG-20210624-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20210624-WA0008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

2007 Corvette
    556778.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Kenmare this afternoon. I just can't get over how clean this is, better than factory;

Beauty.
    Standard car park space too! (furthest away from everyone)

• Advertisement

So here is just a few photos of two car garage. From all of them I most like my irish CLK280 convertible.
    gRbsYOh.jpg
    WvbXM2N.jpg
    NHGcyXk.jpg
    bXBAhPD.jpg
    vOePXlS.jpg

It's only Mercedes-Benz S450 4matic and Toyota Corolla TS Active 1.8 Hybrid E-CVT so both nothing special.

More to come this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Never thought I'd see an Irish, or rather non Dublin registered one of these on the road, but oh my! Followed him from Cork to Mallow (yes I was travelling that way, I'm not some strange car stalker :P he went towards Limerick while I turned into Mallow Town), watching the valves in the exhaust opening and closing. What a car and what a sound even though he didn't really open it up much! :cool:

556964.jpg

556965.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Marcinek, what’s the interior of the S Class like to use day to day? Are the screens intuitive to use?
    Lovely car too.

maddness wrote: »
    Marcinek, what’s the interior of the S Class like to use day to day? Are the screens intuitive to use?
    Lovely car too.

Need a lot of time to get used to it. Some buttons you have to press and other you just slide your finger on. Lets say to move seat you need to press/push button on the door bt to open sunroof you need to slide your finger on "button". Seats are too big for me but I always prefer bucket seats. Other than that in just few days I found few annoying things in that car: I start a car, left it running, took key to my pocket and went outside but I was still beside car. Car locked the door, engine running but I had no access to interior. Car didn't respond to key or nothing. I went far far away from car and only then when i back car unlock itself but still couldn't put on D as "key not recognized" turn off and couldn't start it with the same error. Had to find where to put key to "unlock" it. Air condition is very poor for car this class. It'ss very good car when you travel on back seat and you don't have to worry about anything but it is some work to be a driver of it. Touch screen has easy commands i got used to that really fast and knew straight away where to go to change gearboox settings or set aircondition but as every touchscreen it get finger prints so easy and need to clean it or will see nothing. We decide to sell it and get BMW M8 Convertible instead and I will do everything to get that car to Ireland even for a year or just a summer time. As I said: it's good year to me...

Now I went spotting today and was lucky to see all of those:
    z3KcbCU.jpg
    gXkcvYw.jpg
    2vGGIqM.jpg
    tElMrao.jpg
    fgIlUVT.jpg
    eexCACn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Belfast

repRn1v.jpg
    bNuzTIS.jpg
    Upgz3uT.jpg
    TGzOGjg.jpg
    7bJE3pI.jpg
    iK8OoaH.jpg
    UTeehlr.jpg
    T8J4Kzd.jpg
    WWKruga.jpg

And the bonus spy shot through the service area window....

4mdwzyr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

While on the subject of S Classes I seen this beast at the weekend.

S600 lwb v12 that was originally owned by John Magnier and wears a very distinctive 07 TS 777 plate.

Didn't get a chance to talk to the owner (or get a better picture) as it was moving off just as I was walking into the car park.

IMG-3689.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

OSI wrote: »
    This thing was huge, makes a modern Land Cruiser look like a toy.

Lovely. Not many 60 series around. This is from Wikipedia...

1980 — The 60 series was introduced. While still retaining the rugged off-road characteristics of previous Land Cruisers, the 60 was designed to better compete in the emerging sport utility vehicle market. The 60 was given a variety of creature comforts like air conditioning, a rear heater and an upgraded interior. The FJ60's "2F" petrol engine was left unchanged from the "40" series while the six-cylinder 4.0 L 2H and the four-cylinder 3.4 L 3B diesel engines were added to the lineage. Less equipped versions were also available in many markets. In Europe this model was sold as the Land Cruiser Wagon Van.

1981 – Land Cruiser sales surpassed 1 million and a high-roof version was introduced. The 60 series was introduced to South Africa when a stock Land Cruiser competed in the Toyota 1000 km Desert Race in the punishing wilds of Botswana.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That's lovely, and original Irish too. I remember reading somewhere ages ago (Irish Vintage Scene maybe) that they were hugely expensive when new in Ireland and sold in tiny numbers compared to the ubiquitous BJ40

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

A new Ferrari F8 Tributo. Fine car looks like its driven daily to judging by the state of it :pac:

20210627-165954.jpg

20210627-170049.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fidoodles

rs64.jpg

2 x RS6's in the same car park!

rs62.jpg

RS61.jpg

rs63.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

OSI wrote: »
    This thing was huge, makes a modern Land Cruiser look like a toy.

https://youtu.be/PI_Jl5WFQkA

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Those RS6 seem to travel in convoy, saw them pulling out of Audi North Dublin together last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

bf wrote: »
    Those RS6 seem to travel in convoy, saw them pulling out of Audi North Dublin together last week!

557104.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭tc20

557131.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

From Turin, G wagon, and a few from the auto museum, and the rooftop test track, on the old Fiat factory, unfortunately access to the track is not possible until September as some work ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Roof top test track. You wouldn't want to be pushing a fast car to the limits up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Roof top test track. You wouldn't want to be pushing a fast car to the limits up there.

Was built around 1920, a lap is 1 km, steep banking at both ends, the Minis in the Italian Job used it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Sorry for the terrible photo. 211 Taycan charging on a lamp post in Dún Laoghaire.

20210629-163634.jpg

I have seen that California (or California T??) couple of times driving around but anytime I wanted to take photo of it it turn somewhere and disappear but today was that day... and then few BMW M...
    G0c4l1W.jpg
    6lTb9Qm.jpg
    NhGhGhG.jpg
    xuvxUDS.jpg
    MJH2e8P.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭sk8board

Today I saw a Ferrari Roma in an industrial estate between Swords and Kinsealy. Looked amazing in TDF blue and silver wheels.
    It was on a 202-D reg, so it must’ve been one of the first deliveries in the world - they were only due to start deliveries in Spring this year.
    It’s not an Irish ‘new’ car (according to beepbeep there’s never been a Ferrari sold new in Ireland), so presumably it was imported very very recently

Advertisement