Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Easirent

Options
  • 21-06-2021 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking renting a car with Easirent as they're the cheapest by a mile but never used them before so am a bit wary at the same. Has anyone good or bad experiences with them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I've used them.
    Yes, they have the best prices.
    Be prepared that you'll need to walk to and from the airport, once they picked me up though.
    The reason being is that they don't have a shuttle bus as of yet (might have changed by now) so it can be a pain in the hole if the weather is bad or if you're in a hurry.
    Their full insurance isn't actually full, you will either have to pay additionally for the tyres and windows or you can leave it as it is.
    I didn't bother tbh and just kept it with the full insurance minus tyres and windows.
    Cars themselves are ok.
    But.. and this is what stopped me using them ever since.
    Last time I booked a car with them last December I had an early morning flight which I informed them about and they said "no worries, someone will be here".
    I got there around 8am and of course there wasn't anyone there. Office fully closed.
    I rang and rang and rang, no one ever picked up.
    So I was stuck with the car and about an hour until the flight was due to leave.
    I had to call their UK office who hadn't a clue what to do.
    Another renter showed up and offered to keep the car and the keys until the office opened, had to bite the bullet and sent an email with the details of the renter and the car they were in.
    Never received a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I know in Shannon the cars are kept 6km from the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

bear1 wrote: »
    I've used them.
    Yes, they have the best prices.
    Be prepared that you'll need to walk to and from the airport, once they picked me up though.
    The reason being is that they don't have a shuttle bus as of yet (might have changed by now) so it can be a pain in the hole if the weather is bad or if you're in a hurry.
    Their full insurance isn't actually full, you will either have to pay additionally for the tyres and windows or you can leave it as it is.
    I didn't bother tbh and just kept it with the full insurance minus tyres and windows.
    Cars themselves are ok.
    But.. and this is what stopped me using them ever since.
    Last time I booked a car with them last December I had an early morning flight which I informed them about and they said "no worries, someone will be here".
    I got there around 8am and of course there wasn't anyone there. Office fully closed.
    I rang and rang and rang, no one ever picked up.
    So I was stuck with the car and about an hour until the flight was due to leave.
    I had to call their UK office who hadn't a clue what to do.
    Another renter showed up and offered to keep the car and the keys until the office opened, had to bite the bullet and sent an email with the details of the renter and the car they were in.
    Never received a response.

IIRC no rental companies "full insurance" covers tyres/wheels/windows only some of the 3rd party rental excess insurance policies cover them.

What I've found with renting from the cheap companies is that they'll go over the car on return with a fine tooth comb so you need to make sure to fully photo/video the car on collection as they usually are already full of scraps so make sure that you have evidence for when you return it. The fact that they are rarely on the airport means that you need to give an extra few hours to return the car and get to the airport.

Their reviews on car rental comparison sites are consistently terrible but I leave you to check that out for yourself.
    Much as I appreciate a low quote on the car rental comparison sites I rent from the others at Dublin Airport.

I find renting through opodo.de or bsp-auto.com to be cheapest with Kayak.de and autoeurope sometimes giving good quotes.
    Book 7 to 10 days out for lowest prices. Avis popped up cheapest(besides easirent) last week when they adjusted their tariff downward.
    Keep looking and don't book the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I've used them in London Heathrow a couple of times, and found them great and very accommodating to changes at short notice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement