Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods refund

Options
  • 31-01-2020 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue in relation to the refund process on Littlewoods Ireland.

On 30 December, I placed an order in the sum of €878.99 splitting the payment using my two One4all cards (€500 on one and €100 on the other) and the remaining €278.99 on my credit card.

Fastway couriers lost my order so I requested a refund from LWs and asked that the funds be put back on to each card. I did this over the phone on 17 January and gave the agent the relevant details for each card and was told it would be in my account in 5 working days.

I am talking to another women who is waiting for roughly the same amount since November 2019. It's a substantial amount of money to be down, especially when the item never showed up in the first place.

I have contacted Littlewoods numerous times and each time I am met with the same response which is more or less "sorry but we can't give you a timeline".

Has anyone else had difficulty obtaining their refund from Littlewoods? And also, how is it that they are allowed debit your card(s) and not give you a time line of when you will be receiving your refund.

I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

You might be better off posting in the consumer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Redmond26

Thanks! I have absolutely no idea how to use this properly.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I've moved it to Consumer Issues for you now Redmond26 :)

I've moved it to Consumer Issues for you now Redmond26 :)

Thank you Niamh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

I had a dreadful experience with them. Long story short they tried to refund me as store credit! So log onto your online account and make sure they didn't do that...
    I threatened small claims court and they paid up eventually. They are absolutely horrific to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It may be due to the one4all cards and the recent changes where a max of €50 can be spent on an online transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Darc19 wrote: »
    It may be due to the one4all cards and the recent changes where a max of €50 can be spent on an online transaction.

That value is for card not present payments due to anti-money laundering aml5, it shouldnt stop them putting the money back on the cards - whether that is possible to a one for all card is a different matter. If not they should just issue a refund by cheque.

That value is for card not present payments due to anti-money laundering aml5, it shouldnt stop them putting the money back on the cards - whether that is possible to a one for all card is a different matter. If not they should just issue a refund by cheque.

Max value on the card is now €150. So that is probably causing a problem and the person in littlewoods doesn't know about the change (started Jan 10th)

maxsmum wrote: »
    I had a dreadful experience with them. Long story short they tried to refund me as store credit! So log onto your online account and make sure they didn't do that...
    I threatened small claims court and they paid up eventually. They are absolutely horrific to deal with.

Thanks. It seems a lot of people have issues with them. Yes the money is showing up in my LWs account but I’ve made it very clear to them that I have absolutely no interest in using their service again and asked that the funds be put back on to each relevant card.

I thought they were a trusty household name. How wrong I was! Annoyed at myself because I didn’t do my research on them before ordering. It’s a lesson learned.

How long did you have to wait to receive your refund?

Redmond26 wrote: »
    Thanks. It seems a lot of people have issues with them. Yes the money is showing up in my LWs account but I’ve made it very clear to them that I have absolutely no interest in using their service again and asked that the funds be put back on to each relevant card.

I thought they were a trusty household name. How wrong I was! Annoyed at myself because I didn’t do my research on them before ordering. It’s a lesson learned.

How long did you have to wait to receive your refund?

You should look up the EU Directive on distance selling.

Under the Consumer Rights Directive:

The full thing is a bit obtuse but this resouce is helpful;

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html
    Unless agreed otherwise, the trader must deliver the goods to you without undue delay and not later than 30 days from when the order was placed.
    If the trader does not deliver the goods within the time agreed, you may ask the trader to make the delivery within an additional period of time, unless it is not appropriate in the circumstances.
    If the trader fails to deliver the goods within the agreed time or the additional period (if any), you may reject the contract and the trader must refund all the money you paid under the contract, without undue delay.

maybe if you show them you're in informed customer they'll stop messing you about.

• Advertisement

SozBbz wrote: »
    You should look up the EU Directive on distance selling.

Under the Consumer Rights Directive:

The full thing is a bit obtuse but this resouce is helpful;

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

maybe if you show them you're in informed customer they'll stop messing you about.
    Nothing to do with the op issue. Account has been credited, but money not put back on cards.

As above, rules on one4all changed on Jan 10"th. Physically impossible to put more than €150 on a card even as a refund.
    The online limit of €50 per transaction may cause further confusion

Request full amount to be refunded onto a credit card or bank transfer.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the op issue. Account has been credited, but money not put back on cards.

As above, rules on one4all changed on Jan 10"th. Physically impossible to put more than €150 on a card even as a refund.
    The online limit of €50 per transaction may cause further confusion

Request full amount to be refunded onto a credit card or bank transfer.

No, it is relevant - the OP made some of the purchase on a normal credit card it it doesnt even seem like this element has been refunded correctly. No reason she should have to accept store credit, the items were not delivered so she is entitled to reject the contract.

I'm not sure how to get around the One4All issue (those cards are increasingly unattractive)

Their website mentions the following;

Remember, use your One4all Gift Card as a prepaid Visa Debit Card. Do not choose ‘Gift Voucher’ or ‘Gift Card’ at checkout. Also please keep your One4all Gift Card in case of returns or refunds. For further assistance, please email custserv@one4all.ie. Perhaps they can advise the OP how best to proceed in light of the changing policies.

Nothing I've seen indicates that a refund can't be processed. For anti-money laundering reasons, I'm not sure how they could refund a different method of payment. Whats relevant is that the OP could spend that amount on those giftcards at the time of the purchase, so a refund must be possible as the EU directive always allows for full refunds without cause.

Thanks for your responses and links.

I received a call from Littlewoods on Monday saying that the funds have been put back on to each relevant card (which I thought had been done on 17 January!).

When I went on and checked my account I did note that I had a zero balance, unlike before, and when I then looked at the recent transactions it did show that the funds were put back on to each relevant card. With that being said, there's no sign of the money on either my credit card nor my One4all cards but I did read One4all can take up to 7 working days. They said I should have each refund by the 7th working day so here's hoping!

The agent on Monday asked then if I wanted to close my complaint to which I said absolutely not and that I want to be in receipt of my funds before I do so. It does show they do jump a bit when you threaten to remedy the matter via the legal route, but it shouldn't have to get to that. I don't know. Anyway, I really hope my funds are returned very shortly and that then I can close my account for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Tow

Littlewoods is a registered money lender, so complaints can be made to the Financial services ombudsman.

http://registers.centralbank.ie/FirmRegisterDataPage.aspx?firmReferenceNumber=C12587&register=14

https://www.fspo.ie/make-a-complaint/

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Tow wrote: »
    Littlewoods is a registered money lender, so complaints can be made to the Financial services ombudsman.

http://registers.centralbank.ie/FirmRegisterDataPage.aspx?firmReferenceNumber=C12587&register=14

https://www.fspo.ie/make-a-complaint/

Only if you have availed of a credit account and the issue is with that.

And it seems the op has been told the refund has been done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Absolutely awful company to deal with when something goes wrong.
    Check feedback on here or their Facebook page was always swamped with complaints from customers, hope you get sorted OP and for anyone reading, I'd stay well away from this lot.

Advertisement