Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese in charlesland closed down?

Options
  • 25-03-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Is the Chinese closed down,has been closed the last few nights?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Nope. It doesn't open on Tuesdays since Feb.

Very much open every other night, thank the Lord!

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

abacus120 wrote: »
    Is the Chinese closed down,has been closed the last few nights?:mad:

It was open on Sunday as I was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Not sure but the lease / business is up for sale on my home

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

I hope not. It's my "go to" take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    I hope not. It's my "go to" take away.

Pretty poor takeaway imo....give me royal park, lams any day

Seems a bit bland for most meals

• Advertisement

It's closed at the moment. Not a good sign at 18:50 in the evening....

Kinikie wrote: »
    Pretty poor takeaway imo....give me royal park, lams any day

Seems a bit bland for most meals

I think it was the fact that it was within walking distance for most in Charlesland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I think it is the fact it is better than most of the other Chinese take-aways! Better than Royal Park anyway. TBH I prefer to see my food being prepared. This is why I like it and also Indian Spice where you can see the food being prepared. :)

I know a few non-'blow-ins' that hate driving to Charlesland for a good Chinese!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

Sure not the best one tried two times - first and last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Something must be up,closed again this evening :(

• Advertisement

abacus120 wrote: »
    Something must be up,closed again this evening :(

Yeah, was thinking the same.

I hope it's not as it's a handy place.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Damn - very very handy and nicer than a lot of the others in Greystones.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

MangoSalsa, is that you?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Ahh no my favourite Chinese :( Lams is ok if you want a Pepperoni pizza and 4n1 at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

LEIN wrote: »
    Yeah, was thinking the same.

I hope it's not as it's a handy place.

Still closed and the menu from the front window is gone :(.

I'd say that's that them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Its gone :

http://www.myhome.ie/commercial/brochure/unit-8-charlesland-neighbourhood-centre-greystones-wicklow/2758418

€100,00.00 seems very high - Maybe that's why it shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Its a shame,i am sad to see it go,always lovely food and lovely staff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Its gone :

http://www.myhome.ie/commercial/brochure/unit-8-charlesland-neighbourhood-centre-greystones-wicklow/2758418

€100,00.00 seems very high - Maybe that's why it shut down.

the ad suggests they are selling the remaining 17 years of the lease for 100K - is there rent on top of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

loyatemu wrote: »
    the ad suggests they are selling the remaining 17 years of the lease for 100K - is there rent on top of that?

6k a year sounds low. Guess there will be management fees, rates and insurance on top but report say last year 180k turnover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

€100k is just key money, buying the right to trade there. That's a one time payment. Rent will be on top of that, probably €45-60k a year. Rates on top of that, approx €10k. Managment fees on top of that, guessing €4-6k per year. That's before staff,food,electic,gas,insurance etc etc etc.
    Turnover 180k. Vat man is taking 9% i believe which would be €16200. That equates to a whopping daily take of €450 per day. Which is abismal when you look at all those above costs.
    I know some of you are sad to see it close but grabbing a takeaway on a friday night once a month isn't going to save any business. Food businesses need to be constantly busy everyday due to high operational costs but unfortunately its like a national pass time to groan about them instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

€100k is just key money, buying the right to trade there. That's a one time payment. Rent will be on top of that, probably €45-60k a year. Rates on top of that, approx €10k. Managment fees on top of that, guessing €4-6k per year. That's before staff,food,electic,gas,insurance etc etc etc.
    Turnover 180k. Vat man is taking 9% i believe which would be €16200. That equates to a whopping daily take of €450 per day. Which is abismal when you look at all those above costs.
    I know some of you are sad to see it close but grabbing a takeaway on a friday night once a month isn't going to save any business. Food businesses need to be constantly busy everyday due to high operational costs but unfortunately its like a national pass time to groan about them instead

Its reported 180k turnover but they were a cash business, never accepted card payments so who knows what the real figures are. Either way I dont understand why rents are so high, Cafe di fiore has been empty years and the pub has never had a tenant, surely some rent is better than no rent?!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭markest

Tax write off for whoever receives the rent for Supervalu et al, maybe!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

This isn't my area so help me understand.
    100k is just buying the right to trade there? on top of that there is rent every year?
    Who gets the 100k? and why the FCUK would you pay that kind of wedge to trade in a development that doesnt have a full occupancy? Commercially speaking I dont understand the logic..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

The owners of the take away get the 100k which they would use to pay off any debts. Don't forget you are buying a business that's already set up, it costs a lot of cash to kit out a unit. It would be a different story if it was an empty unit

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Another chinese will open up or a Chipper will wait and see!

Advertisement