Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House broken into in charlesland Grove

Options
  • 25-11-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi all,just wanted to let people know that my neighbours house was broken into yesterday evening between half 4 and half 6 in the grove,they got in through the front window,nothing was stolen but the house was wrecked,just wanted to make people aware and to keep an extra watch out :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Sorry to hear that.
    Sign of the times unfortunately.
    We all have to be as vigilant as possible.

A front window is an unusual point of entry I would have thought.
    Window locks are cheap and easily fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Four houses broken into in Season Park Newtown,last night nothing taken they seem to be looking for cash.They opened every box and drawer went into every room went down cupboards and wardrobes.Gained access through the back door jemmeyed with a screw driver at a guess.That was our experience.Be vigilant people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Did any of these houses have alarms?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

The one in charlesland did not have an alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

bogtreader wrote: »
    Four houses broken into in Season Park Newtown,last night nothing taken they seem to be looking for cash.They opened every box and drawer went into every room went down cupboards and wardrobes.Gained access through the back door jemmeyed with a screw driver at a guess.That was our experience.Be vigilant people

One of these houses was through the front door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Did any of these houses have alarms?

Only the houses in Charlesland that arent being robbed have alarms that go off and only then at 2am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Spongebopp

abacus120 wrote: »
    Hi all,just wanted to let people know that my neighbours house was broken into yesterday evening between half 4 and half 6 in the grove,they got in through the front window,nothing was stolen but the house was wrecked,just wanted to make people aware and to keep an extra watch out :)

That is just awful, I was at home then, it is so cheeky in the middle of the day! Hope they get sorted out before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Most burglaries are during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

My parent neighbours house was also broken into and totally trashed in Grattan Park the other evening

Advertisement