Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plainish black boots

• 23-09-2010 9:55am

Hey
    I've been looking for a pair of plain black boots for a few weeks now and have found nothing. Everything seems to be covered in buckles, or have the clumpy work boots look or be little ankle boots. These things are fine but I need to wear these boots to work every day, so I need something professional-looking, sturdy and preferably leather, from mid-calf to knee. Does anyone know where I might find such boots on the high street? I can't pay more than £75.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Try Topshop or Next have some. I saw them yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Shinyboots75

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Hey
    I've been looking for a pair of plain black boots for a few weeks now and have found nothing. Everything seems to be covered in buckles, or have the clumpy work boots look or be little ankle boots. These things are fine but I need to wear these boots to work every day, so I need something professional-looking, sturdy and preferably leather, from mid-calf to knee. Does anyone know where I might find such boots on the high street? I can't pay more than £75.

What type of heel??? block or thin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Just bought these, I hate fancy adornments on boots. A little over your budget, but hey, you get what you pay for! I choose to view them as an investment. :D

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&categoryId=209968&parent_category_rn=208544&productId=1892244&langId=-1

*edit* Oh and student discount takes away some of the pain as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Ooh Shelga those are really nice. I'm also not liking the buckles and chains on everything recently. Might look into those Topshop ones now although I *really* can't afford them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

M&S have really nice (and comfy) boots and they're reasonable enough, and good quality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement