Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyrda Texture v Keratin 12 week blow dry

Options
  • 11-08-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

I''ve just seen an advertisement for a 'hydra texture 12 week blow dry' for €99 and another for 'Keratin 12 week blow dry' for €199.

What is the difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 D.I.Y.Diva!!

Never heard of Hydra Texture - where is offering it? I got Keratin 12 week blow dry done on 18/06/10 and it cost me €130.
    They wash your hair and then apply the Keratin on with a brush like a paste. Then they blow dry and straighten your hair with a straightener. You can't do anything to it for 2 days - i.e. don't put hair behind your ears or tie it up or wash it or use dry shampoo or any products. I wash given shampoo and conditioner which I was told to only use. I was delighted with it at first because my hair was so easy to blow dry - it was so smooth. But I feel like it has already worn away and that my hair is not as easy to blow dry as when first done and I'm using my GHD again :(
    So if Hydra Texture is similar treatment and cheaper?? I'd defo be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭eulB_x

It is a local hairdresser's where I live that is offering it. I might pop in and ask what the difference is. If I do I'll let you know!

I am supposed to be getting the Keratin one done soon for €100 but I've heard from other people as well as yourself that it doesn't last very long.

Have you noticed a change in the health or general style of your hair? For example I have naturally curly hair and I wouldn't want the 12 week blow dry to ruin my curly hair forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

Make sure you ask if the hydra texture has chemicals as some of the cheaper treatments do and could permanently damage your hair. Keratin is 100% natural hence the dearer price tag I think

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

i'm interested in this as well. the 12 week blow dry only lasted about 4 weeks for me then it started drying frizzier and frizzier so i couldn't get away with just blow drying.

doesn't the keratin blow dry have formaldyhyde? i heard that its really bad for your hair.

i wouldn't bother getting the keratin blow dry again, its too expensive for the results

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Clars1909

DIY Diva and Eulbx, where did ye get the 12 week blow drys for €130 and for €100?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭eulB_x

Clars1909 wrote: »
    DIY Diva and Eulbx, where did ye get the 12 week blow drys for €130 and for €100?

Sorry for the late reply!

I found it for that price here:

http://balbriggan.olx.ie/12-week-blow-dry-iid-88976975

Advertisement