Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dunboyne

Options
  • 07-02-2020 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

HI All,
    we are looking at moving to Dunboyne, mainly due to the secondary school and the village seems nice anytime we have been there. We go for diner at least once a month. Hoping to buy in Millfarm (detached 4 bed preferably) but the right house has yet to come on the market. We might even be open something close to the village on its own little bit of land.
    Looking for advise re: The area overall as a place to settle in for the next 15-20 years at least, raising our kids who are currently 8-9years.
    Are there any future developments planned that are likely to impact on the area and the admission to the schools?
    We are moving from littlepace as we feel that slowly the area is getting worse with anti-social behavior and numerous thefts of property and homes.

Any/All advice would be welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

hey, I live in Dunboyne and love it but in saying that, the population will explode in the coming years, so yes, this will have an impact on the schools. Not much in the way of crime, but you do hear the odd story of a house broken into or a car being robbed, but nothing major. Its a very safe place to walk around at night. 3/4 restaurants, same for take away's. Blanch is only ten mins away. Lots for the kids to do, GAA, soccer, athletics, scouts, etc. Any questions, just ask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

gaz wac wrote: »
    hey, I live in Dunboyne and love it but in saying that, the population will explode in the coming years, so yes, this will have an impact on the schools.

hi, just wondering what the plans are re: what you talk about the population exploding? We are looking at buying in Millfarm preferably, but a big pull is St. Peters school for our kids and the fact that there is still a 'village' type feel to the area. Any info you have regarding this increased population would be great.
    thanks

hey, yea no problem, building has started on a new estate on the maynooth road, near Dunboyne castle, cant find the details now but I remember a lot of units on such a small parcel of land. building has also started on a site just before the train bridge, this will be a scheme of 90 units with a crèche. Across the road from that, will be an estate along the train station, facing millfarm of 850 units, which will go up to M3 train station. A builder was refused planning up there for a large estate, but it was refused, this was back in 2016 so id say it could be back on the table with the Gov looking for urgent housing.
    On the Rooske road, there is plans for 230 units and that is only using some of the land, zoned for houses. Up near sumerhill road, before you leave the village, there is clearing going on for building, but I don't know what that is for ( I heard 10 units) and also the lands beside the bypass..farmers are in the final stages looking for planning.
    There will also be a new bypass going up beside millfarm, somewhere from the train bridge, up to the ind. estate to pull traffic from the village. I think the current population is circa 11k, they see this growing to 25k by 2033.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Looking to buy a place in Dunboyne Castle Estate. Does anybody know if it's a nice estate? Good quality houses etc? Thanks a mill

If buying,just make sure the house has been fixed of pyrite or has a green cert.

• Advertisement

If buying,just make sure the house has been fixed of pyrite or has a green cert.

Hi Gaz just checking in with you re the new Castle Farm estate being built by the train station. Any thoughts on it at all? Seems to be a great location and not too big of a development. Prices seem to be in line or just below new developments in nearby Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

Hi I don't want to put a damper on things but just to make you aware that some parts of Dunboyne did flood around 2000/2002.
    Something to do with the river Tolka and houses being built on flood plains. I'm sure its since been sorted and people who live in the area will be able to fill you in better. But nice to know all the same.

cosbawn wrote: »
    Hi I don't want to put a damper on things but just to make you aware that some parts of Dunboyne did flood around 2000/2002.
    Something to do with the river Tolka and houses being built on flood plains. I'm sure its since been sorted and people who live in the area will be able to fill you in better. But nice to know all the same.

Thank you - definitely good to know

hey, the flooding has been sorted. I believe the builder wouldn't get planning if they didn't fix the problem so that was fixed in 2003/4 when building started on Dunboyne Castle. Ive not heard much about Castle Farm, but I believe there will be 99 houses and all A rated, they look very well. They are releasing a limited number of houses off plans, so if your interested contact the agent. They are saying they will have a showhouse in September.

hey, the flooding has been sorted. I believe the builder wouldn't get planning if they didn't fix the problem so that was fixed in 2003/4 when building started on Dunboyne Castle. Ive not heard much about Castle Farm, but I believe there will be 99 houses and all A rated, they look very well. They are releasing a limited number of houses off plans, so if your interested contact the agent. They are saying they will have a showhouse in September.

Thanks Gaz, appreciate your response. We have reserved one of the Castle Farm houses. Looking forward to moving to Dunboyne in the new year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 aswadref

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    Thanks Gaz, appreciate your response. We have reserved one of the Castle Farm houses. Looking forward to moving to Dunboyne in the new year!

When are you moving into the house was thinking of buying a home there

aswadref wrote: »
    When are you moving into the house was thinking of buying a home there

The estate agent has told us our place will be ready in March. The front row will be able to move in January. They launched phase 2 yesterday and are booking in viewings - Edita in Sherry Fitz Maynooth is the contact

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aswadref

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    The estate agent has told us our place will be ready in March. The front row will be able to move in January. They launched phase 2 yesterday and are booking in viewings - Edita in Sherry Fitz Maynooth is the contact

Thanks for coming back mate,will contact her directly they have uploaded new videos too on you tube

Advertisement