Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim to Dublin early by Public Transport

Options
  • 15-01-2020 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm going to be working in Dublin city centre for a while, and need to try to get into the city by public transport for around 6.30 am but looking at the buses, it doesn't seem this is an option. Anybody any suggestions on other potential options? I thought about the train from M3 parkway, but that doesn't seem to start early enough either. Any advice would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Drive as far as swords then get a swords express?

Edit: Earliest one into town would be at the convention centre at 6.35.. so not great either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

109A Bus Eireann, decide where you want to drive to, if you can & park. Bus will have you in Busaras for 6.15am.

https://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/109A-1516792276.pdf

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Archeron wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm going to be working in Dublin city centre for a while, and need to try to get into the city by public transport for around 6.30 am but looking at the buses, it doesn't seem this is an option. Anybody any suggestions on other potential options? I thought about the train from M3 parkway, but that doesn't seem to start early enough either. Any advice would be really appreciated!

One of my bugbears - I'm 10 years in Trim and there has been pretty much zero improvements in public transport. A decade with nothing to show for, yet we're being told to get out of our cars and use public transport.

The days I work in the city I leave (driving) just after 6am - around the time of the first 111 from Trim, but that route only goes as far as Busaras. The 111X I'd need (to go across to south city) is an hour too late, and only one in the evening back. Nowhere near a reliable enough alternative to the car for me.

Train from M3 Parkway only serves Docklands unless you switch at Clonsilla, then you're getting on trains that are crammed.

One option you could try is the 70 (Dublin Bus) from Dunboyne, first one leaves at 6am according to the timetables - assuming you can get there by car. You could park in Dunboyne station (only a couple of euro for the day as far as I know) and get the bus along the main road (think it's the stop called "Millview" on the list of route stages). Prob won't make 6.30am in town, but it can't be much after that tbh, esp leaving at that time in the morning. Seems to be relatively frequent in both directions also. I've never tried this but it was one of the options I've been exploring if the car becomes untenable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

You could also try the NX (maybe drive/park at Garlow Cross). There's one at 5.55am but I think it only gets to Westland Row at around 6.45am.

Maybe you could also get the 109a from Garlow Cross?

Advertisement