Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso - 'Gifting Friday' Vertuo Machine + Aerocinno 3+ 100 Capsules €99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Used my code that came with the order to sign up to their subscription package. Costs nothing to sign up and free to
    Cancel at any time. I got €34 nespresso credit for signing up, have ordered another €34 worth of capsules essentially free. Will cancel the subscription next week. This is the bargain alert that keeps on giving. Got the virtuo plus, aerocino, 100 capsules and now €34 nespresso credit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Used my code that came with the order to sign up to their subscription package. Costs nothing to sign up and free to
    Cancel at any time. I got €34 nespresso credit for signing up, have ordered another €34 worth of capsules essentially free. Will cancel the subscription next week. This is the bargain alert that keeps on giving. Got the virtuo plus, aerocino, 100 capsules and now €34 nespresso credit

Yep, a very good deal, very tempting. I'm loyal to my older Magimix Nespresso machine and I really do like the L'Or Profondo purple capsules which sell reasonably cheap on deals in the local supermarkets. The deals to lure people over to the new pods has peaked my interest several times, but have managed to resist due to a fondness for my reasonably cheap, reliable and good (by my lowly standards) setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Summer2020

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Yep, a very good deal, very tempting. I'm loyal to my older Magimix Nespresso machine and I really do like the L'Or Profondo purple capsules which sell reasonably cheap on deals in the local supermarkets. The deals to lure people over to the new pods has peaked my interest several times, but have managed to resist due to a fondness for my reasonably cheap, reliable and good (by my lowly standards) setup.

I wonder did nespresso come out with the new pod shape to wipe out the use of the ‘counterfeit’ pods from the supermarkets that are compatible with the original machines

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I wonder did nespresso come out with the new pod shape to wipe out the use of the ‘counterfeit’ pods from the supermarkets that are compatible with the original machines

You can be sure that is the case. I don't think there are any 'counterfeit' or eco friendly alternatives that work with this machine?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Alkers wrote: »
    You can be sure that is the case. I don't think there are any 'counterfeit' or eco friendly alternatives that work with this machine?
    Not until Nestlé's patent on it expires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That was an absolutely massive delivery!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Got mine delivered this evening. Got it set up and cleaned for the morning.
    Ran a test run in an espressos capsule... was probably expecting better quality than what came out but will see what the morning brings.

Got 116 capsules altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

The only thing that puts me off this machine is the price of the pods

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

Seems that it is now out of stock the one with the frother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

SIEjeRj.png

That's the main offer gone then, not sure how to mark this as 'expired'

€99 deal is still there for Machine, 100 capsules, sample set & the subscription scratchcard (€34 store credit)

But looks like the frother offer is done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Shlippery wrote: »
    SIEjeRj.png

That's the main offer gone then, not sure how to mark this as 'expired'

€99 deal is still there for Machine, 100 capsules, sample set & the subscription scratchcard (€34 store credit)

But looks like the frother offer is done!

How do I load the subscription scratchcard?

Are there any tricks e.g. would picking a larger subscription get more free credit?

How do I load the subscription scratchcard?

Are there any tricks e.g. would picking a larger subscription get more free credit?

No real tricks i'm aware of - there's a link on the card somewhere, you enter promo code, and it gives you €34 'store credit' for the first month, then just cancel!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Mine arrived earlier in a massive black sack from Nightline, havent fired it up yet but it's a savage amount of kit for 99 blips, thanks again OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

Feel free to move this to another forum as not sure were to put it.

Is nesspresso caps based/shipped from the UK so will they be able to ship here after 1st of JAN?
    Will we get customs Bills with each delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

irbx wrote: »
    Feel free to move this to another forum as not sure were to put it.

Is nesspresso caps based/shipped from the UK so will they be able to ship here after 1st of JAN?
    Will we get customs Bills with each delivery?

Was thinking that myself. I'd imagine they would ramp up the shipping from boutiques here instead of it coming from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

ebayissues wrote:
    Got mine today. However I didnt get 100 capsules

My husband didn't get 100 capsules either, just a 12 sample set. He downloaded the app and online chat this morning, capsules were out of stock and not added to the order. So there being sent individually now. All sorted! Very nice and helpful on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

My husband didn't get 100 capsules either, just a 12 sample set. He downloaded the app and online chat this morning, capsules were out of stock and not added to the order. So there being sent individually now. All sorted! Very nice and helpful on the app.

I remember another post on this thread from someone who had a faulty machine back a while back and from what was said the customer service was top notch!

I remember another post on this thread from someone who had a faulty machine back a while back and from what was said the customer service was top notch!

Yea, can confirm. Ended up with a fault in mine last week, just died.
    Rang customer service, tried all sortsa troubleshooting, then they offered replacement as it was still very new.
    Sent a courier to pickup the broken one the next day, and got a shipping email confirming the replacement was en route.

So far so good.

Also..guess this can be marked as expired now (however that's done..)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Why not keep the subscription and get month 6 free too?

That's the full deal, and on the assumption that you plan to drink the coffee, sooner or later, isn't it worthwhile?

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Just went to set up my sub, realise i've lost the card out of the box :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

tusk wrote: »
    Just went to set up my sub, realise i've lost the card out of the box :(

It might not have been included in your order. Thought I didn't get mine but CS sent me a link showing the order I selected didn't include that subscription card.
    They didn't sent the 100 capsules either but they should be here this week sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Nah I have the card and the box. just misplaced the card with the code.

I've been on to their support and they're gonna email me a fresh code. Super fast support, I was very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

The customer service is genealogy very good, TBF...

Eir and Ryanair could learn a thing or two, from them.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

garrettod wrote: »
    The customer service is genealogy very good, TBF...

Eir and Ryanair could learn a thing or two, from them.

I have been on the right side of their CS also but it is important to remember that they are selling a premium product.........at a premium price. They are 3 ones the price of the generic pods......their CS needs to be **** hot to justify the price.

Whereas Eir and Ryanair are operating at the bottom of the market in a constant price war.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Mine just arrived with 100 capsules and have been told it was either the aeroccino or the 100 capsules.... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Looks like the main option for me now would be the €99 for vertuo plus and 100 capsules. Would this still be a decent deal?

There’s a €139 option too. Is that a better machine, I can’t see exactly what’s the difference

benji79 wrote: »
    Looks like the main option for me now would be the €99 for vertuo plus and 100 capsules. Would this still be a decent deal?

It's still a good deal, you get 20 capsules included with the machine as well, so it's a well-built machine, with '120' coffees or so and potentially a scratchcard with €34 subscription credit that you can cancel at any time..but can't confirm if they include that with everything!

I think it's a loss leader and they just want you to switch to the vertuo capsules in the long run! I've an aerocinno but rarely use it anymore.

Depends how you break it down, I'm sure there are other machines like the Dolce Gusto which would be cheaper again and you can get far more 3rd party pods for em.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Shlippery wrote: »
    It's still a good deal, you get 20 capsules included with the machine as well, so it's a well-built machine, with '120' coffees or so and potentially a scratchcard with €34 subscription credit that you can cancel at any time..but can't confirm if they include that with everything!

I think it's a loss leader and they just want you to switch to the vertuo capsules in the long run! I've an aerocinno but rarely use it anymore.

Depends how you break it down, I'm sure there are other machines like the Dolce Gusto which would be cheaper again and you can get far more 3rd party pods for em.

Thanks. Think I’ll go for it, seem to get great reviews in general

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

Order arrived without the 100 capsules. Is the 2 months coffee credit in the vertuo box? It’s a present so don’t want to open the box.

• Advertisement

Sarn wrote: »
    Order arrived without the 100 capsules. Is the 2 months coffee credit in the vertuo box? It’s a present so don’t want to open the box.

This is everything I got (before the Aerocinno offer)

am1pbQt.png

Looks like the code comes with the 100 capsules.

(screenshot shows the 'pre-discount' price.)

Would definitely follow up with them if yer missing the main parts of the offer. Can you see any of those items in your order history on nespresso.com? The frother I can understand, but can't see them running out of stock for 100 capsules!

Advertisement