Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish winter running gear (5k) country roads

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

28064212 wrote: »
    The latter. Most of my running is on footpaths, but plenty of junctions to be crossed, and I do occasionally have runs on roads with no footpaths. There are too many motorists that wouldn't notice a literal Christmas tree running along the road, never a mind a human with a few reflections and lights. If a car is approaching, I know exactly where they are at all times, and am always ready to step into the ditch until they have passed

Wow! To me that is lunacy but each to their own. Being lit up gives as much safety as possible, I always assume the car doesn't see me but equally I'm not guaranteed to see the car (someone driving with no lights on meets a runner with no lights on, who is in the wrong?? - doesn't matter as the runner comes off worse) And before anyone says the chances of a car driving on a dark road with no lights on are low, I say so are the chances of meeting a runner on a dark road with no lights on :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ShadowSA

How are the Mac in a Sac waterproof breathable jackets?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭MrMojoRisin'

Dudda wrote: »
    I live in a town with footpaths and streetlights for my winter routes. To compare lets say you lived 1.5km from Pheonix Park so you run to the park on footpaths, do whatever laps you want away from cars and traffic and then run home. Would people here wear lights for that? I don't but wondering if I should. LIGHTS not tights!

I run in the Phoenix park after dark quite a bit. I would always have lights running on the footpaths up & down Chesterfield avenue as there are almost always some walkers there. If you dont have lights you tend to frighten them running up on them!

Advertisement