Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" Samsung full HD smart TV. Littlewoods.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

I see its freeview, would it be saorview too?

I can't see on the littlewoods ad where it says this tv is freeview.

At the moment we're using an old freesat system (receiver box & dish) We don't have saorview but don't watch Irish TV anyway.

I've googled it but am only confusing myself even more because some ads for this TV (and other smart TV's) list Freeview and then others don't list it. :o

I always thought that for Free to Air in Ireland you simply had to have a dish and box (freesat).

I'm sure the box we have could connect to this TV but it would be a huge bonus if it had the current up to date channels as we can't retune our box to get updated listings.

Sorry, the answer is probably very simple. I'm just utterly, utterly, stupid when it comes to this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Mines despatched. So should be no problems.

How do you know?

I havent got a confirmation email or anything yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Samsung smart 32" TV on sale on carphone warehouse now for €199

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Trish56 wrote: »
    Samsung smart 32" TV on sale on carphone warehouse now for €199

Not until tomorrow!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

rob w wrote:

Log in to littlewoods and go to account summary, or track order. They don't send confirmation emails afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

rob w wrote: »
    How do you know?

Got email confirmation after buying with an order tracking link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Mine still says 'order being processed'.

iggy wrote: »
    Mine still says 'order being processed'.

Same as myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

minibear wrote: »

At the moment we're using an old freesat system (receiver box & dish) We don't have saorview but don't watch Irish TV anyway.

I've googled it but am only confusing myself even more because some ads for this TV (and other smart TV's) list Freeview and then others don't list it. :o

I always thought that for Free to Air in Ireland you simply had to have a dish and box (freesat).

I'm sure the box we have could connect to this TV but it would be a huge bonus if it had the current up to date channels as we can't retune our box to get updated listings.

Sorry, the answer is probably very simple. I'm just utterly, utterly, stupid when it comes to this stuff.

You are confusing FTA (free to air) and FREESAT. Eitherway its really irrelevant as this TV does not have a FTA satellite tuner so for UK channels which you currently receive through your dish, you will be just plugging yoyur current box into the new TV. Out of interest, why can't you retune the satellite box to update the sat channels ?

TV gone back up to an unattractive €359 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

looking for a 22" if any one see any decent bargains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

In the UK, Freeview is the same as Saorview here except with UK channels. It is only receivable along the border counties or parts of the south east. You need an aerial not a dish.
    Freesat is the same as Saorsat again with UK channels. As long as you have a dish eg SKY dish, you can get it with the correct equipment.
    Both have there own 7-8 day EPG ( TV guide)

For Freesat the receiver eg TV needs to have a satellite tuner and be freesat enabled. Usually the input for a satellite will be an F type input ( you need to screw on the satellite cable).
    If it's not freesat enabled then it will be a FTA receiver.

FTA (free to air) receivers will pick up all the free Satellite channels but the programme guide will normally only show now and next. Eg what's on now and what the next programme is. The older SKY boxes once power cycled will have all the UK FTA channels on the guide.

FTV means free to view. They don't require payment but are region restricted eg Sony TV/movies and the channel 4 music channel ( i forget the name.of it.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Buy yourself a Freesat branded box & you'll never need to retune it when channels change transponders.

http://www.freetv.ie/freesat-hd.html

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

Just off the phone to littlewoods. Placed order last night but like a few others didn't receive a confirmation email. I'd never ordered from them before so rang up and they said the order was flagged. Was put through to an advisor who asked me to confirm details and confirmation email should arrive shortly. Hope that helps.

Confirmation email just arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Was this deal only for yesterday? As it now says it's €359

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Was this deal only for yesterday? As it now says it's €359

Yes it was for yesterday only. They changed their deals for today

Sickened I missed it :mad:

mimimcmc wrote:
    Sickened I missed it

Carphone warehouse are doing it for 199 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Managed to get the PANASONIC TX-50CX680B for €619, took a gamble instead of waiting to decide. Glad I did because they're now offering it for €999.99

ComfortKid wrote: »

Ya I'm holding out for that one too, just not sure is the exact same one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Not very technical myself, I have a 'Samsung with Freeview and Saorview built in and while I do have a dish for Freesat, I find that's it's practically redundant. About 70 channels , 5 or 6 in HD, picture sharper and clearer than Freesat by a long way. I live in north Louth. Needs retuning about once a month for 'new channels found' (though I can never see what they are),but that only means saying OK on the remote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Ya I'm holding out for that one too, just not sure is the exact same one?

Could be the same one that a few of us got last week/week before, theres another thread on it

mel123 wrote: »
    Could be the same one that a few of us got last week/week before, theres another thread on it

Did you get that one for €199 or was it €289?

Did you get that one for €199 or was it €289?

we got it for 299, it would be a great bargain for 199. i havnt opened mine yet as im contemplating sending it back i think a 32 inch is a bit small for the room

petejmk wrote: »
    Just off the phone to littlewoods. Placed order last night but like a few others didn't receive a confirmation email. I'd never ordered from them before so rang up and they said the order was flagged. Was put through to an advisor who asked me to confirm details and confirmation email should arrive shortly. Hope that helps.

Confirmation email just arrived

Im just off the phone to them....they said I have to 2ait 24hrs for it to be 'processed' by their team. Very unhelpful woman on the phone!

I only setup an account yesterday though? Did you have an account with them already?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

ComfortKid wrote:

Any idea from what time? Online i persume?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

we got it for 299, it would be a great bargain for 199. i havnt opened mine yet as im contemplating sending it back i think a 32 inch is a bit small for the room

Is yours the same model as the littlewoods one ?
    UE32J5500

UE32J5500

No, CPW is Samsung 32H4500

Not sure which is better, or if there is much difference, didnt read the spec of the littlewoods one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

UE32J5500

Looks like a different model to the one on the Carphone Warehouse pic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

No, CPW is Samsung 32H4500

Not sure which is better, or if there is much difference, didnt read the spec of the littlewoods one

Think that one is an older model and only HD Ready?

• Advertisement

iggy wrote:
    Think that one is an older model and only HD Ready?

What does HD ready mean? Are you telling me HD ready means it isn't a HD tv? Whats the difference?

Advertisement