Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

32" Samsung full HD smart TV. Littlewoods.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭mel123

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Ya I'm holding out for that one too, just not sure is the exact same one?

Could be the same one that a few of us got last week/week before, theres another thread on it

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

mel123 wrote: »
    Could be the same one that a few of us got last week/week before, theres another thread on it

Did you get that one for €199 or was it €289?

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Did you get that one for €199 or was it €289?

we got it for 299, it would be a great bargain for 199. i havnt opened mine yet as im contemplating sending it back i think a 32 inch is a bit small for the room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭rob w

petejmk wrote: »
    Just off the phone to littlewoods. Placed order last night but like a few others didn't receive a confirmation email. I'd never ordered from them before so rang up and they said the order was flagged. Was put through to an advisor who asked me to confirm details and confirmation email should arrive shortly. Hope that helps.

Confirmation email just arrived

Im just off the phone to them....they said I have to 2ait 24hrs for it to be 'processed' by their team. Very unhelpful woman on the phone!

I only setup an account yesterday though? Did you have an account with them already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

ComfortKid wrote:
    Carphone warehouse are doing it for 199 tomorrow

Any idea from what time? Online i persume?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

we got it for 299, it would be a great bargain for 199. i havnt opened mine yet as im contemplating sending it back i think a 32 inch is a bit small for the room

Is yours the same model as the littlewoods one ?
    UE32J5500

UE32J5500

No, CPW is Samsung 32H4500

Not sure which is better, or if there is much difference, didnt read the spec of the littlewoods one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

UE32J5500

Looks like a different model to the one on the Carphone Warehouse pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

No, CPW is Samsung 32H4500

Not sure which is better, or if there is much difference, didnt read the spec of the littlewoods one

Think that one is an older model and only HD Ready?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

iggy wrote:
    Think that one is an older model and only HD Ready?

What does HD ready mean? Are you telling me HD ready means it isn't a HD tv? Whats the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

rob w wrote: »
    Im just off the phone to them....they said I have to 2ait 24hrs for it to be 'processed' by their team. Very unhelpful woman on the phone!

I only setup an account yesterday though? Did you have an account with them already?

Only set up the account last night before I ordered. First fella I was put through to hung up. The woman who answered second time around was very efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ComfortKid wrote: »
    What does HD ready mean? Are you telling me HD ready means it isn't a HD tv? Whats the difference?

Look at the stickers on front of the TV, HD Ready generally only goes up to 720p/1080i with most likely a 50hz refresh rate

Whereas when you see "Full HD" it most likely goes up to 1080p 60hz... (or only 50 on worse sets)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

The carphone tv is an older series 4 HD ready TV with a resolution of 720. The littlewoods tv is full HD series 5 tv with a resolution of 1080. Most HD channels only broadcast at 720 so unless you have a blu ray player I wouldn't worry about it. With a 32" TV it matters even less.

Fieldog wrote:
    Whereas when you see "Full HD" it most likely goes up to 1080p 60hz... (or only 50 on worse sets)

bromley52 wrote:
    The carphone tv is an older series 4 HD ready TV with a resolution of 720. The littlewoods tv is full HD series 5 tv with a resolution of 1080. Most HD channels only broadcast at 720 so unless you have a blu ray player I wouldn't worry about it. With a 32" TV it matters even less.

Thank you. I don't have any HD channels anyway so I doubt this matters to me at all. I just assumed it was a good quality TV for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thank you. I don't have any HD channels anyway so I doubt this matters to me at all. I just assumed it was a good quality TV for the money.

If you use a game console or a PC then you would probably notice, if not I wouldn't worry about it... :)

Fieldog wrote:
    If you use a game console or a PC then you would probably notice, if not I wouldn't worry about it...

No, Nether. Just watch the football on a weekend. My current tv is 25 years old so anything is a step up from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Did anyone get 1 of these delivered mine is still stuck in processed.

noclee wrote: »
    Did anyone get 1 of these delivered mine is still stuck in processed.

Ring them. My order was the same until I got onto them and had to confirm a few details. Was despatched within three hours.

petejmk wrote: »
    Ring them. My order was the same until I got onto them and had to confirm a few details. Was despatched within three hours.

Ive been on the phone to them twice....

They have told me it takes 24hrs to either approve or decline my account, which is decided on 'checks' carried out by the dublin team!

Whatever these checks are they wouldnt say, and wouldnt give an example of a reason my account would be declined!

They said the order will not be shipped until this check is finished and the account appoved.

They were extremely unhelpful on the phone both times I rang.

And the order is still stuck 'being processed' 48hrs later.

Frustrated to say the least!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No, Nether. Just watch the football on a weekend. My current tv is 25 years old so anything is a step up from that.

You have a TV from 1990 ? It must be f**king huge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Rob w I got the exact same response as you! Very frustrating to deal with in the phone, security checks? Like seriously, I paid with my card and I checked the bank the money is already gone yet stil says processing!

The women in the phone said that it may not get passed on security as they are very thorough on new accounts!!

Great customer service there!

bri007 wrote: »
    Rob w I got the exact same response as you! Very frustrating to deal with in the phone, security checks? Like seriously, I paid with my card and I checked the bank the money is already gone yet stil says processing!

The women in the phone said that it may not get passed on security as they are very thorough on new accounts!!

Great customer service there!

Its some sort of bull**** cop-out they are using, but I dont get why!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They don't have stock would be my guess. Trying to fob you off while they look for some.

Rang them twice today to ask why my order is still processing.

They said the same about security checks and that the Dublin branch would contact me.
    I paid by verified visa ffs.
    Two people I spoke to were absolutely useless and unhelpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

iggy wrote: »
    Rang them twice today to ask why my order is still processing.

They said the same about security checks and that the Dublin branch would contact me.
    I paid by verified visa ffs.
    Two people I spoke to were absolutely useless and unhelpful.

Strange system. I set up an account years ago but never actually bought anything from them till now. Paid by Visa aswell and mine has shipped and is "sorted at prime sort ". I won't count my chickens till its actually in my hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Strange system. I set up an account years ago but never actually bought anything from them till now. Paid by Visa aswell and mine has shipped and is "sorted at prime sort ". I won't count my chickens till its actually in my hand.

If its sorted at prime sort, that means it is already out of their hands and on its way to you. :)

Been using littlewoods for years and never once was their a security check done on me :/

Just was speaking to my cousin, she got her ordered cancelled late this evening "didn't pass security checks".

I'm not hopeful at all now, mine will more than likely go done the same outcome!

Really poor service little woods, especially when it's paid by visa debit! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Mine also "sorted at prime sort" and should be delivered Tuesday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

My tv order was cancelled, it was the 50" 4K model. Same story as everyone, even though I paid by card they said security checks mean they've cancelled the order. However I was told my account is locked and deactivated until Saturday when I can call again with my passport details to activate my account and process the payment again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

shuvly wrote: »
    Mine also "sorted at prime sort" and should be delivered Tuesday...

Same here.

But just in case, I've googled mapped "prime sort" and am planning a robbery on Monday night.

I'm only taking what's rightfully mine.

A question for anyone who has had it shipped...

Did you use a discount code? Theres a note in their terms and conditions that say any discount code you use must be issued to you and also cant be used on sale items!

Hopefully thats not what is stopping it from being shipped!

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/samsung-ue32j5500akxxu-32-inch-smart-full-hd-led-tv-black/1460088320.prd

€271 delivered. At least €100 cheaper than I could find anywhere else.

Edit: €243.90 using code: 6KCEE

Where did that code come from....was it public or did you get it in an email or something?

Did you use a discount code? Theres a note in their terms and conditions that say any discount code you use must be issued to you and also cant be used on sale items!

I rang post purchase to get the discount applied. The guy asked where I got it from and I just said from a discount site... He was happy with that and confirmed that it's a valid code and that the difference would be refunded to my card within a few days

Yes, I used Iggys discount code in post 2 of this thread. But I already had an account with littlewoods so I presume thats why mine has shipped - and I havn't paid for it, just put it on my account.

It's bad form from them all round, why take the money then in the first place! To cancel it in the end. I never heard if anywhere doing a security check, fair enough if it's first time getting something on credit with them, that's understandible but to pay with debit card and there so called security check it's just ridicelous and really poor service

I see it says out of stock now until December 5th too!

Just got order confirmation email so at least it's moved off order processing.

It's saying delivery on 10/12/15.
    For anyone that got theirs shipped what was the delivery date?

Yeah I see that, said out of stick until 5 dec! I'd say we will get an email in the morning stating order cancelled due to security check, just wish they would let ya know as I want to get a tv and tomorrow is when the last chance to get any decent deal in one

• Advertisement

1/12

bri007 wrote: »
    Yeah I see that, said out of stick until 5 dec! I'd say we will get an email in the morning stating order cancelled due to security check, just wish they would let ya know as I want to get a tv and tomorrow is when the last chance to get any decent deal in one

Would it not mean that security checks have passed if it's moved passed ' order processing'?

Edit.... Just checked tracking status and it's changed to delivery on 1/12

Delivery on Tuesday 1 December, 2015 to My Account Address
    Original Delivery Date: Tuesday 1 December, 2015

This parcel contains
    Item Number: 69MMA, SAMSUNG UE32J5500AKXXU 32" SMART, BLACK, ONE SIZE, Quantity: 1
    Latest Tracking Information
    26/11/2015 21:15 Order being processed at warehouse

I was just putting up a poor review on their Facebook page when literally as I speak my phone beeps for new email, long behold it said it will be delivered on the 10 dec!

I take it all back :)

Next Tuesday Dec 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Where did that code come from....was it public or did you get it in an email or something?

https://plus.three.ie/Offer/Details/6548

Davy wrote: »

Thanks!

Got an email overnight to say it has been processed and will be delivered by Dec 10th! But when i login to my account on their website it says delivery by the 2nd......will not believe it until I see it!

• Advertisement

Thanks!

Got an email overnight to say it has been processed and will be delivered by Dec 10th! But when i login to my account on their website it says delivery by the 2nd......will not believe it until I see it!

I'd say you will. Fastway just tried to deliver mine. Original estimate was next Wednesday.

Mine just delivered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Mine arrived too. Thanks OP

Mine arrived too. Thanks OP

Will you let me know what you think. I am not connected to sky yet as have old sky box with no hdmi and will get adaptor cable later.

But I am connected to internet. I have a problem already with the picture. At the bottom the screen just above the samsung logo when on page with white background like web browser you can see what I can only describe as wrinkled paper. I know that sounds totally weird but its what its like!

Picture otherwise is perfect.

Unfortunately tv needs to be returned due to faulty LED screen. But from what I have seen of it so far I am more than happy to get a replacement.

It has taken quite some time due to black Friday to arrange for a replacement, as TV out of stock and gone up in price to 349 euros. Collection is now sorted but apparently there needs to be super special authorisation to send me another one at 243 euros...

Good luck to the rest of ye!

• Advertisement
Advertisement