Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 - 1000 Mile Challenge

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Clocked the 2,000th mile today, on the Sutton promenade. Another 2018 goal hit, and highest mileage year yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Castlehaven parkrun took me over the 3000 mark today. Bit of a jump from last year but then had no running for the last 6 weeks of '17 after a tumble at Run the Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Reached exactly 2018 KM for the year today at the EOI Howth Half Marathon.

Sort of want to stop now until Tuesday because it's a cool figure to end 2018 on!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Classic21

Made it to 2000 miles on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Got to 4500 miles with a long run in Wicklow today. Thought I was a mile short but I was using the wrong conversion factor (I work in kms). Very happy to log some serious miles this year whilst avoiding long term injuries. Might take the day off tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Got to 4500 miles with a long run in Wicklow today. Thought I was a mile short but I was using the wrong conversion factor (I work in kms). Very happy to log some serious miles this year whilst avoiding long term injuries. Might take the day off tomorrow!

Unbelievable - just wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

finally got around to updating the sheet, passed the 1,000 mile mark on December 27th only 2nd time I have reached the mark.

Will be aiming to hit it again in 2019 but looking at my training plan 2,000 miles might be the aim for the year. stepping up to ultra running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Last run of the year done and I managed to get up to 1,202km. Still a bit off the 1,000miles but it's one of my goals for next year. Happy new year all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

3k miles on Dec 23rd for the 6th consecutive year

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Well done to everyone who has passed a milestone.

Unfortunately for me, I have had the lowest yearly total for years in what started out as a good year. Down to 623 miles from last years 1332. Two significant injuries meant I was out of action from April to Sep. Thankfully now back trying to get fit again so here’s hoping 2019 is injury free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Missed the 1000 for the first time since 2008 with 933. Running a combined total of 15miles for April/May/June didn't help things.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Out of action the last 6 weeks due to injury but managed to round up to 3000 miles on this evening's run. Close one! I was aiming for 5000km but it wasn't to be

Nothing on the spread sheet but it's all on strava, hope this link works

https://www.strava.com/athletes/3509896

Advertisement