Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Story from five years ago reappears as "new".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Click bait.
    It's absolutely everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Happens all the time, any article that includes the words 'boffins' or 'stumped' is usually a steaming pile of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Happens all the time, any article that includes the words 'boffins' or 'stumped' is usually a steaming pile of crap.

Or "Daily Mail".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i must confess i find myself reading the daily mail, more out of boredom than anything.......its pure ****e though. if someone sneezed in a restaurant they would report it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Roquentin wrote: »
    i must confess i find myself reading the daily mail, more out of boredom than anything.......its pure ****e though. if someone sneezed in a restaurant they would report it

"Ebola Outbreak."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Everything's a copy of a copy of a copy of a repost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

'Eastern Europeans Importing Illegal Pollen to Sell to Our Children'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Recycling is good for the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

i must confess i find myself reading the daily mail

Emergency bog roll needs, is the only time I would ever consider picking it up.

Areyouwell wrote: »
    Emergency bog roll needs, is the only time I would ever consider picking it up.

its the online edition i read......so how does that work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

its the online edition i read......so how does that work
    Some of the bollocks I've seen on the Mail website has made me want to smear shit all over my laptop screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Some of the bollocks I've seen on the Mail website has made me want to smear shit all over my laptop screen.

Mostly I just want to click "Close tab", I've never gotten as far as defecating on my laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

El Weirdo wrote: »

Good nickname.

how about this for a cutting edge story ála the daily mail:

"Nearly done… just another million or two to go: Chinese demolition firm hires a man to knock down structures one brick at a time - because he’s cheaper than using dynamite"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2825457/Chinese-demolition-firm-hires-man-knock-structures-one-brick-time-s-cheaper-using-dynamite.html

"Nearly done… just another million or two to go: Chinese demolition firm hires a man to knock down structures one brick at a time - because he’s cheaper than using dynamite"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2825457/Chinese-demolition-firm-hires-man-knock-structures-one-brick-time-s-cheaper-using-dynamite.html

When I was working in Manilla there was an old building next door that was taken down that way, it took about 50 of them to remove this tower block in a month.

The only thing that wasn't human powered was the foreman's radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Mindless sh1t seems to sell, maybe it relaxes people not having to engage to any great degree with the content. George Hook for instance on radio yesterday was speaking about how people used to slip the News Of The World into their broadsheet Irish Times when reading in public. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

mikom wrote: »
    Or "Daily Mail".

Guess who is about to be appointed Chairman of the Press Complaints Commission? The Daily Mail's editor, Paul Dacre. :pac:

Advertisement