Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trolling Facebook.

Options
  • 07-11-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Was just on FB earlier, and got stuck into a couple of debates about the same type of stuff we fight about here - Irish water, some horsesh1t David McWilliams vomited out about us becoming the 'education capital of the world' etc. stuff like that.
    These articles appear from news dump sites - newstalk post just about every story they cover each day, another good one is 'Irish Central' which is US based aimed at the diaspora. Mad Shinner slant on their stories.

So I was just thinking how easy it is to rile up the opposing viewpoint gang on these Facebook posts, their debating skills are close to zero, and by comparison with getting stuck in here (where you need to be razor sharp to avoid being mauled) it's like shooting fish in a barrel there. :pac:

Also, there are no mods to intervene, so you can be as condescending as you like, as blunt as you like, calling groups of people 'parasites' or 'scum' isn't forbidden, no cards, bans or other similar bullcrap.

Only downside is using your own FB account, but as 99% of the people who get in on the argument aren't your friends anyway! they'll never be able to attack your account if your security settings are half decent.

Anybody else enjoy torturing the afflicted or is it just me being the schoolyard bully in a safe environment?

I don't really feel any remorse, given the gimps who you get on those threads anyway.

Eta: For clarity, I don't EVER abuse people personally, although that's usually their first response.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Last_Minute

People do not 'debate' on Facebook.

A Facebook comments success is determined by the amount of 'likes' it gets not how valid the point actually is.

For example - "U can shuv you water charges up ur bk side" usually gets anything between 15 - 20 likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Jesus Christ. Is this what we have evolved into?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Coffee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

Chucken wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. Is this what we have devolved into?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Packrat wrote: »
    and by comparison with getting stuck in here (where you need to be razor sharp to avoid being mauled)

Are you sure you are in the right forum ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Packrat

People do not 'debate' on Facebook.

A Facebook comments success is determined by the amount of 'likes' it gets not how valid the point actually is.

For example - "U can shuv you water charges up ur bk side" usually gets anything between 15 - 20 likes.

Have a 'like' there old stock :-)

True, but it's great fun seeing how crazy angry the gimps get when faced with any sort of contrary opinion.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

eamonnq wrote: »
    Are you sure you are in the right forum ??

In fairness to AH, anyone who vomits out their first thought on something will usually get mauled by one side or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I love the ones that say stuff like

'Are them cnuts of customs or guards about? I have to go the shop in my NI reg car filled to the neck with green diesel'

and you get a dozen repliers agreeing with what cnuts and bastards and gobsh1tes they are for enforcing the law.

Internet has a lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

So essentially you tend to get owned here so go to Facebook to take it out on retards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Ah Facebook, giving the braindead a voice since 2004.

anncoates wrote: »
    So essentially you tend to get owned here so go to Facebook to take it out on retards?

It does sound a bit like that doesent it, - No, I live a quiet existence here for the most part, too easy to get banned (never have been) around this neck of the woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Pfft, trolling boards is way more fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Pfft, trolling boards is way more fun!

how is your love life now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Packrat wrote: »
    It does sound a bit like that doesent it, - No, I live a quiet existence here for the most part, too easy to get banned (never have been) around this neck of the woods.

How do you know its 'easy' to get banned here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    how is your love life now?

She rejected me... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I love the people in facebook who've edited their name in protest at the water charges.

So a Joe 'nowatercharges' Murphy is usually someone to have an intelligent debate with aboyt the various merits / demerits of water charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

it's facebook lads not life.... we ought to do things for ourselves & others not the likes....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

She rejected me... :(

I have been wondering what happened.
    Sucks, hope you're luckier next time. :)

Advertisement