Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner dancesemi formal-what doesthat mean?

Options
  • 16-11-2019 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Guys. Dinner dance tonight. Code is semi formal. Does that mean normal suit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

mensa wrote: »
    Guys. Dinner dance tonight. Code is semi formal. Does that mean normal suit?

Chinos and a shirt no tie or jacket or a shirt nice dark jeans and a jacket. Matching belt and shoes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Black tie not required. But try to make an effort.

Go for a waistcoat, always a good Autumn look.

Have a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Technically black tie is semi formal. Very few people realise this though so I'd presume they mean dress as per the posts above. A relatively casual suit without a tie would work too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Technically black tie is semi formal. Very few people realise this though so I'd presume they mean dress as per the posts above. A relatively casual suit without a tie would work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I know this has come and gone, but in these cases it's very very very simple: if you're not sure, suit & tie. Whenever "semi formal" or "business casual" is mentioned, nobody will berate you for showing up suited up; If you're the only one to do so, it's the others being underdressed.

I will never, ever understand some guy's reluctance to wear a damn suit - as if it was like showing up in some ridiculous fancy dress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement