Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert a couple of files to autocad 2006

Options
  • 06-04-2017 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

I need to convert a pdf file and a later CAD file to autocad 2006 for one of the surveyors for my new build.

I have no autocad software and my computer is a work machine which won't allow me download software.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

You won't convert a PDF to an AutoCAD file. Not possible . You need either the original CAD file or RE draw it. You can can convert a newer version CAD file to an older version. For the price you will pay for the software it's not worth.

An engineering/toolroom will have CAD or alternatively give a third level or secondary school a shout and see if a student can do it for a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Thanks Dev, time for a shout out on facebook by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

dev100 wrote: »
    You won't convert a PDF to an AutoCAD file.
    You can. Presuming the PDF file isn't Rasterized (converted to an image and is still lines and text) then you can open the file in Adobe illustrator and export it as a CAD file. It's not ideal as you'll lose all the layers, blocks, etc and usually the text is converted to lines but you'll at least have the lines in CAD.

If you PM me the files in Dropbox or similar I'll check if they are Rasterized and if not convert them for you to CAD and change the other CAD drawing to a 2006 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Wow, thanks very much Dudda, I'll get on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Dudda wrote:
    You can. Presuming the PDF file isn't Rasterized (converted to an image and is still lines and text) then you can open the file in Adobe illustrator and export it as a CAD file. It's not ideal as you'll lose all the layers, blocks, etc and usually the text is converted to lines but you'll at least have the lines in CAD.

Really ??? There's always a but :) sounds like hardship converting though. I generally export the other way and at times it won't save as a PDF converted from a CAD file , it's only on some files .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

http://www.autodesk.com/products/dwg/viewers

Download the DWG TrueView so you can change later versions of Autocad to earlier versions,
    I'm using 2011 so i use it almost daily, dead handy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CECR_37

Easy to convert a pdf to Cad. Google 'any pdf to dwg converter'. You can convert online. It will convert all the lines to one colour and oe layer.
    pdfs drawings are basically a multiple of layers. There should be a 'Layers' tab on the let hand side of your pdf reader. It will show you all the layers on the drawing.

Advertisement