Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSX プレミアムトーク Sexy Fever Premium Chat™

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

LongZ wrote: »
    don't mind that MSX2+Turbo-R ++ Superfast Speed gogo... msx1 is where it's at

Pfft! Baby. :(

505fe42ea82668fff0119bedb1bdff25.jpg

FEEL THE TURBO FEVER! :eek: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

i know, i know, they look good don't they :)

i know, i know, they look good don't they :)

homer_crashlpqo1.gif

:D:D
    11017670_10153134155693276_6454711065722875063_n(1).jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Not ?

• Advertisement

:eek:

how could you ?

Is that your personal premium fever stash? :eek:

that's some of my msx1 boxed carts. MSX2 and loose carts and disks are further down :)

there was a recent port of Street Fighter 2 on th MSX2.
    It was led by a team of devs guys but essentially made by the whole active MSX.org community who helped with advice, code, tips and graphical and sound contributions. The result is quite amazing considering the MSX2 is z80 based, a lot closer to a NES than SNES by miles, doesn't really handle large sprites or digitized sounds , fast sprite copying etc...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Better than the c64 version.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Better than the c64 version.

Yeah. There's been a few very good games and ports released for msx2 last year. Some of them are available through repro factory (in a premium sexy go go case) .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's pretty incredible stuff, wow!

It ain't sexy (or premium for that matter) if it's not being played on a Turbo R! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How much and how easy would it be to get a turbo R in japan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

How much and how easy would it be to get a turbo R in japan?

If you have the cash, no problem. Walk into Super Potato, buy one.
    Seen a selection of panasonic MSX computers in there a few months ago. Turbo R is not rare.

I hear super potato is a bit expensive but you are sure to find what you are looking for there... I think I'll take your advice and buy two.

I hear super potato is a bit expensive but you are sure to find what you are looking for there... I think I'll take your advice and buy two.

Yeah, they are on the more pricey side of Akihabara shops. But they usually have what you want at a cheaper than ebay price, but more than what you would pay if you could find it elsewhere in Japan.

They better have two copies of Mr. Gimmick when I get over there.

Must try that Mak place, heard they are good for Neo Geo games and it might be the only time I'll ever get a chance to buy Samurai Showdown V special without a mortgage.

They better have two copies of Mr. Gimmick when I get over there.

Must try that Mak place, heard they are good for Neo Geo games and it might be the only time I'll ever get a chance to buy Samurai Showdown V special without a mortgage.

You'll love Tokyo, but will be a little disappointed with the average price of retro stuff. It was so much better a few years back, but prices have gone up a lot.

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    It ain't sexy (or premium for that matter) if it's not being played on a Turbo R! :pac:

why do you think I'm selling half of my stuff at the moment :D

• Advertisement

I had posted these a while back in the New stuff thread but I just made a video too about some MSX stuff that was sent to me:

don't think there's a lot of MSX pick up vids around :)

just uploaded the next episode of MSX Mansion on retrowaretv on Payload. A little known MSX game

working on a full history of the MSX too. not sure if it'll be the next video yet but it'll be ready soon.

:o some collection !!

11270223_10206947561111621_5544607866172075054_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

:o some collection !!

11270223_10206947561111621_5544607866172075054_o.jpg

Taken in 2017 too!

It must be a photo of your future MSX collection.

BTW Can I have a go of your time machine? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Doge wrote: »
    Taken in 2017 too!

It must be a photo of your future MSX collection.

BTW Can I have a go of your time machine? ;)

I'd hazard a guess 12:17 means 17 mins past mid-day rather than Dec 2017. ;)

Hopefully he/she takes them in off the roof before the rain gets at them too! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess 12:17 means 17 mins past mid-day rather than Dec 2017. ;)

Hopefully he/she takes them in off the roof before the rain gets at them too! :pac:

You're absolutely right!

I didnt see the colon on my phone earlier.

Ah well.

A msx2 shaped box just arrived along with a MSX RGB cable :)

Just hope it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Which model did you get ?

Got a SONY HitBit HB-F1XD

Going to be a long day in work.

• Advertisement

oh that's a sexy one indeed :) !
    sony_hb-f1xd_2.jpg

Advertisement