Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shipping madness

• 23-04-2015 11:56am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭

After the daftness of my New 3DS coming from France, in the most circuitous manner possible, you would have imagined I would have learned.

Nope.

I ordered the Louvre museum guide for the 3DS, typically only available from kiosks in the Paris museum itself but also available from some enterprising sellers on the Amazon.
    Bought on the 15.4.15 it was estimated that delivery would be on the 24.4.15
    I was also given a tracking number.
    It was shipped on the 18.4, some 3 days after payment was made.
    It sat in various sheds in France and the UK until the 21.4
    The, on the 22.4 it arrived in Dublin.
    Hooray!
    But despite the fact they got it in the warehouse last night for delivery, they are holding it over until tomorrow!
    FFS!

I swear, they are using the estimated delivery date as a guide and aiming for it, even if it could have been delivered earlier.

A cynical part of me thinks that they are actually deliberately delaying items to make premium delivery options more attractive.
    It certainly makes a mockery of the local delivery companies name "Fastway", more like "Slow-way"!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    After the daftness of my New 3DS coming from France

So is mine oddly enough! It's somewhere near Chilly Mazarin in France as I type this. I'd say it's a bit nippy over there... :D

ETA is next week. I downsized from a 3DS XL and got mine in a standard size, in white, with a white charging block thing and a set of these white plates:

71zO0oCvCSL__AA1275_-640x640.jpg

It's err.... going to be very white. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I always find stuff from mainland Europe takes ages for postage. Especially Germany. I was waiting something like 3 weeks to get concert tickets from there so it wasn't even in a big box or anything, just an envelope. Crazy when I've ordered stuff from Japan before on a Sunday and had it that Friday, and just by standard post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Check out my last experience with UPS
    They don't need any special security, my door opens onto a busy main road clearly marked, the UPS depot even google mapped it and were like WTF is our driver doing, why it went to Tamworth, Preston then Edinburgh when I live less than 1km from the depot I collected it in I'll never know
    2eozf29.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A
    Bought on the 15.4.15 it was estimated that delivery would be on the 24.4.15
    I was also given a tracking number.
    It was shipped on the 18.4, some 3 days after payment was made.
    It sat in various sheds in France and the UK until the 21.4
    The, on the 22.4 it arrived in Dublin.
    Hooray!
    But despite the fact they got it in the warehouse last night for delivery, they are holding it over until tomorrow!

a courier delivering an item on time?
    it's madness!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

a courier delivering an item on time?
    it's madness!!!

No, the thing is the delivery date was mental to begin with, and the thing seems to be sitting in holding shelves for no good reason.
    At one point it sat, for two days, on a customs shelf, despite being shipped from the EU to another EU address.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, the Fastway site suggests the package was delivered yesterday but I'm here today and no package.
    The site says it was delivered to a "safe location" and not signed for.
    I'm hoping it turns up, but hospital reception don't know a thing about it.

Hmm
    Turns out that the guy delivering was a new guy and he actually brought it to the unit I work in and put the package in a letter box I didn't know existed.
    All deliveries typically go through reception and out internal mail delivers them on to the wards....
    At least its there!

Unless, as I suspect, the letter box has been used as an adhoc ash tray, in which case I might have to do a spot of cleaning before play.

Advertisement