Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shark hoovers

Options
  • 01-09-2020 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Noticed this on hotuk after I’d seen on eBay .At the moment eBay are doing a discount on a load of diff items with the code POCKET20 until the 6th Sept
    I had my eye on a shark cordless and they have a refurbished for -£159.99 with the discount worked out at £127.99 . Most people have said it’s brand new but there is only a 1 year warranty compared to full price models which come with 5 years
    You do need to have a uk registered address or the code
    Will not work and will need to use address pal as parcel motel won’t work
    Still think for around €150 total it’s an excellent deal

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184325941900

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭noeleeee

Many thanks shardylan - took the plunge on this and looking forward to its arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

noeleeee wrote: »
    Many thanks shardylan - took the plunge on this and looking forward to its arrival.

It's now out of stock. You have to be quick

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

padair wrote: »
    It's now out of stock. You have to be quick

They did have others but possible they’ll get more stock
    Discount works until 6h Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Can anyone comment on these? Are they any good? Is the Dyson one a better buy? Looking to get a cordless vacuum but no idea which one is any good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

wilser wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on these? Are they any good? Is the Dyson one a better buy? Looking to get a cordless vacuum but no idea which one is any good

I bought one at the start of lockdown and by a million miles it's my best buy. I had a corded Dyson which was binned and replaced with a €50 Vax which was infinitely better but the Shark is another level altogether. It's a little heavy but you get used to that. The main pole bending in the middle to get under beds and tables is a game changer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I have been using a Shark for a few years now. Excellent Vacuum cleaners.

I would never buy a Dyson again. When through a few of them and all had the same issue with parts coming loose and wobbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭King Cantona

I have been using a Shark for a few years now. Excellent Vacuum cleaners.

I would never buy a Dyson again. When through a few of them and all had the same issue with parts coming loose and wobbly.

+1 on never buying a Dyson again. Most overrated product I've ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

That's great. Thanks for the feedback, will deffo get a Shark

That's great. Thanks for the feedback, will deffo get a Shark

Depending on the size of your property, If its a number of rooms, have a look at the Shark Anti Hair Wrap Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Powered Lift-Away and TruePet ICZ160UKT

Its a bit pricey but its worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Thanks op . Just got one there for £128

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭andydurnin

Where do you put in the code pocket20 for discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

andydurnin wrote: »
    Where do you put in the code pocket20 for discount

At the checkout under "add voucher"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

shardylan wrote: »
    Noticed this on hotuk after I’d seen on eBay .At the moment eBay are doing a discount on a load of diff items with the code POCKET20 until the 6th Sept
    I had my eye on a shark cordless and they have a refurbished for -£159.99 with the discount worked out at £127.99 . Most people have said it’s brand new but there is only a 1 year warranty compared to full price models which come with 5 years
    You do need to have a uk registered address or the code
    Will not work and will need to use address pal as parcel motel won’t work
    Still think for around €150 total it’s an excellent deal

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184325941900

Shark and Hoover are 2 separate companies btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Does this come back into stock intermittently?

bromley52 wrote: »
    Shark and Hoover are 2 separate companies btw.

And you really felt the need to point this out because ?
    It’s a hoover plus it’s a shark so I think it needed to be titled as it was so people would get what the post was regarding but thanks

Does this come back into stock intermittently?

It was the last few days so worth keeping an eye but if you chose to go for more expensive model the discount will obv be more .
    Note this discount does finish on the 6th but might work for other electronics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

And you really felt the need to point this out because ?
    It’s a hoover plus it’s a shark so I think it needed to be titled as it was so people would get what the post was regarding but thanks

But it's not a hoover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

I would only use shark if you have hardwood floors and no carpet we had one and it fell apart

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Had a Dyson and a shark, wouldn't buy either again. Both corded.

Dyson brush motor went but they did replace it.
    Shark broke down after under 3 years, brush motor went, they replaced it... Didn't solve the problem and couldn't send out a full replacement as the price of their vacuums had gone up significantly since we're bought it.
    So they gave an Argos refund code.
    In fairness, we basically ended up with a free shark vacuum for 3 years then bought a Henry which is great.

But those motorised brush heads are a main point of failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    I would only use shark if you have hardwood floors and no carpet we had one and it fell apart

I have carpet and tiles and 6 months on it's great on both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Another Shark fan here. The anti hair wrap is a huge plus for me with three females in the house with long hair. The hours I spent getting the hair out of the head of my old Dyson!! In five months I haven't had to look at the head of the Shark.

Anyone used the Shark handheld?? The only problem with my Shark is, it is too heavy for the kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

IMHO, shark hoovers are not good. Their build quality is poor and their cyclone technology is ****e. https://www.reddit.com/r/VacuumCleaners/comments/4o5297/why_arent_shark_vacuums_any_good/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body
    I wouldn't be a fan of Dyson either. Their build quality is also poor and very over priced. They love to use clips rather than screws so are very difficult to service, and parts are hard to get.
    I would recommend a Miele if you can afford it. Henry, hoover own brand and bosch aren't bad either.

Why do people keep talking about corded vacuums like Henry when it’s cordless vacuums being discussed.

Corded vacuums are pure hassle. People love running down dyson too despite getting excellent reviews for their stick vacuums and even on this forum plenty saying they swear by them. Look at people running down shark too while up the thread someone saying they are excellent.

I always take poor reviews with a pinch of salt as people have biased reasons for complaining about products.

On the actual product - I’ve read good things about shark also. The vacuum lined though does look very big and awkward compared to other shark or to dyson but maybe it’s not as bad as it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Why do people keep talking about corded vacuums like Henry when it’s cordless vacuums being discussed.

I think you are mistaken. Both Henry, Miele, Bosch etc all sell cordless hoovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I have a shark and it is fine but regret not buying the anti-hair wrap version. I am tortured with having to take it apart and clean it with a stanley knife. The hair wraps around the roller head and needs to be cut out.

I have a shark and it is fine but regret not buying the anti-hair wrap version. I am tortured with having to take it apart and clean it with a stanley knife. The hair wraps around the roller head and needs to be cut out.

This is the issue I’ve had with my Dyson and why I looked at Shark .The model I bought has anti hair so guessing this Will make big difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

This is the issue I’ve had with my Dyson and why I looked at Shark .The model I bought has anti hair so guessing this Will make big difference
    Is the anti hair feature in the head? Can it be bought seperately?

Is the anti hair feature in the head? Can it be bought seperately?

Sorry I thought the one I’d ordered had anti hair but it’s the true pet one . Still hoping it’s not as bad as the dyson for the hair wrapping and sure I got a great deal at €150 all in

Just to let anyone who bought one of these mine arrived this morning and its brand new . Address pal only charged me €3.95 as well so great deal all round I think
    Fyi discount no longer works now as finished 6th Sept

• Advertisement

Advertisement