Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who would be in your supergroup of arseholes?

Comments

Saddened to see Sinead O'Connor and Pete Doherty mentioned here.

I don't have a "list" but any list of mine would only mention those as giants. I don't care whether they are arseholes or not, their music can speak for itself.

Ray D'arcy is another story.

I know but we're talking about them, not their work. That's like you saying, ah I know he's a giant in terms of charity and as such, I wont be putting Mr saville on my list...it's just a shame he never got his claws on a young tubridy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Nobody mentioned Trump yet? Because he'd be the greatest arsehole of them all I would say, nobody does arseholes better than him, and he knows arseholes.

rusty cole wrote: »
    I know but we're talking about them, not their work. That's like you saying, ah I know he's a giant in terms of charity and as such, I wont be putting Mr saville on my list...it's just a shame he never got his claws on a young tubridy!

That's a really stupid comparison. and you know it. In fact, I don't think it even merits a reply, so let's stop here.

Trumps is a what you see is what you get and YES I know I'm an arsehole, type of arsehole. It's the BONO and George clooney do as I say not as I do arsehole that needs reigning in.

That's a really stupid comparison. and you know it. In fact, I don't think it even merits a reply, so let's stop here.

really?? wanna join a band????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Beyonce. Enormous ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Didn't know they were musicians.

They aren’t.

You must have missed the many other non-musician posters in the 7 pages before my post that set the context of the thread.

The likes of The Happy Pear twins, Obama, Ghandi, Mother Teresa, Charlie Sheen, Bill Cosby, some lads neighbour, Meg Ryan, Ryan Giggs, Jeremy Clarkson, Conor McGregor, Michael Moore, the Go Compare guy, Sean Penn, Ryan Tubridy, Ray D’arcy and Jeff from Peep Show to name a few.

Strange that you missed all of those examples and quoted my post from pages back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

kingtiger wrote: »
    My supergroup would have to contain

Mick Jagger (can't shut up and let the band play music without him shoving his ugly mug into the spotlight, with his hooping and hollering)

Chris Martin (self explanatory)

Damon Albarn (as Adele said "never meet your idols")

Bono (Self explanatory)

Sting (Ego the size of the Universe)

The Gallagher brothers (Self explanatory)

Roger Waters (a cheat and self absorbed)

Lars Ulrich (Self explanatory)

Bob Geldof (could write so much about this fraud, but couldn't be bothered)

Can anyone else add some more members to my supergroup?

Of all those I've actually only ever met Bono, met him a few times actually and found him completely fvcking sound. I was working on the door of The Kitchen nightclub at the time, late 90's and he owned the kip.

Can't stand Geldof.

One based on personal experience Brendan O'Connor, an arsehole of the highest order.

I met Mel Gibson a few times when he was making a movie where I work, I not exactly an arsehole but pretty close, a strange dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

They aren’t.

You must have missed the many other non-musician posters in the 7 pages before my post that set the context of the thread.

The likes of The Happy Pear twins, Obama, Ghandi, Mother Teresa, Charlie Sheen, Bill Cosby, some lads neighbour, Meg Ryan, Ryan Giggs, Jeremy Clarkson, Conor McGregor, Michael Moore, the Go Compare guy, Sean Penn, Ryan Tubridy, Ray D’arcy and Jeff from Peep Show to name a few.

Strange that you missed all of those examples and quoted my post from pages back.

I quoted others before yours. And I'm not going to labour the point by quoting all of them.

You also thanked another post that pointed out that it should be musicians we are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭HBC08

That Jay Kay arsehole from Jamiroquai.

Check out Jay Kay Headbutt on YouTube.
    One of the funniest things on the internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Billy Corgan - Love the Smashing Pumpkins and he has written some amazing songs....but he is undeniably a dickhead of the highest order.

I dunno. I’ve been watching a lot of interviews with him on YouTube lately and he’s definitely self absorbed and a bit irritating but he's also quite honest and thoughtful. I’m surprised at how interesting he is to listen to as I was never a huge Pumpkins fan in the first place.

Saddened to see Sinead O'Connor and Pete Doherty mentioned here.

I don't have a "list" but any list of mine would only mention those as giants. I don't care whether they are arseholes or not, their music can speak for itself.

Pete Doherty as a musical giant? I note you cultivated a sense of humour during your hiatus. Doherty is a depraved junkie with the scholarly nuance of a hormonal teenager, a less than stellar legacy at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Dr. Dre
    Eminem
    Stereophonics
    50 Cent
    And of course Bob Geldof

Pete Doherty as a musical giant? I note you cultivated a sense of humour during your hiatus. Doherty is a depraved junkie with the scholarly nuance of a hormonal teenager, a less than stellar legacy at best.

Indeed. I'm fond of Tyrant but have to disagree with his view of Pete Doherty. He is some gobshìte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Vocals - van Morrison
    Bass - sting
    Guitar - noel Gallagher
    Drums - Lars Ulrich

Backing vocals z Brian Kennedy/ sinead o connor/ Linda martin

Rothko wrote: »
    Why Emma Watson? I don't particularly like her or anything, just curious.

I find her pontificating and, God forgive me for using the word, "wokeness" to be nauseating.

I quoted others before yours. And I'm not going to labour the point by quoting all of them.

You also thanked another post that pointed out that it should be musicians we are talking about.

Fair enough, I didn’t see your other posts.

I gave some examples of musicians early on but the thread went ‘off topic’ so I went with the flow.

I find her pontificating and, God forgive me for using the word, "wokeness" to be nauseating.

Latest being her condemnation of JK Rowling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That Jay Kay arsehole from Jamiroquai.

A bellend of the highest order. Always hated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

gemma o'doherty - a ****en wanker
    Bono- prick. Is it true he was riding one of the coors? Don’t want to believe it, unless it was the bloke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

This thread was better when people tried to stick to a musical theme. Now it's just people listing off the same names of people they hate that you see again and again - Claire Daly, Ruth Coppinger, Gemma O' d - yawn, yawn, yawn.

Come on guys why stifle your hate, broaden your horizons of bile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Gary Glitter
    Pete Townshend
    Bill Wyman
    Ian Watkins (not H from Steps - the other one)
    Glen Hansard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The arseholes singing outside my door at 4 in the morning.

The singer from Pantera for being a prick and a white supremacist.

Axel Rose for persistently keeping concert goers waiting for three hours or more.

Van Morrisson for being a grumpy b#locks.

Ronan Keating, Brian Kennedy, Chris de Burgh and Imelda May.

Any hip hop, r n b act who go around everywhere with an enormous entourage. Beyonce etc.

Who are all these hangers on apart from the ten fat bodyguards in shades?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Any hip hop, r n b act who go around everywhere with an enormous entourage. Beyonce etc.

Bullet buffers

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

Our new coalition party leaders is all the arsehole supergroup we need.

Martin always strikes me as a bluffer.

Mary Lou
    Paul Murphy
    Violet-Anne Wynne
    Riada Cronin

• Advertisement

Mary Lou
    Paul Murphy
    Violet-Anne Wynne
    Riada Cronin

Can any of them knock out a tune?

Can any of them knock out a tune?

Yes, I heard Mary Lou singing ‘God Save The Queen’ recently, it might be on YouTube.

To Alcohol wrote: »
    gemma o'doherty - a ****en wanker
    Bono- prick. Is it true he was riding one of the coors? Don’t want to believe it, unless it was the bloke

I always reckoned the line in one " did I leave a bad taste in your mouth " was a reference to andrea Corr......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There is actually an unspoken contest among rappers to see who can hire the biggest minders.
    Was it Aleeya that died in a plane crash. It was a light aircraft and they reckon the reason it went down was her huge minder who was about half a ton weight!

There is actually an unspoken contest among rappers to see who can hire the biggest minders.
    Was it Aleeya that died in a plane crash. It was a light aircraft and they reckon the reason it went down was her huge minder who was about half a ton weight!

Please let this be true....ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

why do so many bands have this problem where the rest of them are relatively quiet but the frontman is a mouthy dickhead

• Advertisement

A lot of the time it's just we know the frontman is a mouthy dickhead because he's the frontman. Plenty of asshole bassists and drummers around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Drums-Bard Faust Eithun from Emperor

Stabbed a man to death after being sexually propositioned by him. Otherwise sound.

Bass-Varg Vikernes from Burzum

Anti-Semite supremacist, arsonist and murderer. I recommend his Greatest Hits.

Piano-Melvin Rees

Talented jazzclub musician and serial killer who wasn't fussy; he liked to sexually assault people whether they were alive or dead. Five confirmed victims.

Guitar-Andrea Volpe from Beasts Of Satan

Sect leader and murderer, suspected serial killer. Was involved with the shooting of his girlfriend who was possibly buried alive. Jailed for thirty years.

Clarinet-Charles Manson, unsigned.

Rapist and mass murder mastermind. His excellent song Look At Your Game Girl was covered by Guns N Roses. Currently dead.

Tambourine-Bobby Beausoleil from The Grass Roots.

Manson's right hand man who did the dirty work. Tortured a man to death. Wrote the score for the film Lucifer Rising.

Triangle-Gaahl from Gorgoroth

Tortured a man for six hours, held a black mass concert with eighty litres of sheep's blood. On the plus side, vegetarian and anti-drugs. On triangle because he likes pentagrams.

Vocals-Ian Watkins from Lostprophets

Paedophile jailed for soliciting sex with a baby. Mind wrecked from too much meth. In jail.

Guitar-Bertrand Cantat from Noir Desat

The French Jim Morrison, murdered his lover by beating her in the head 19 times. Served four years.

Lyrics-Syco Sam, unsigned.

Ginger amatuer horrorcore rapper who murdered four people, including his online girlfriend, via blunt force trauma in what is known as the Farmville Murders. Can't say he didn't live up to his billing. Jailed for life.

Producer-Phil Spector

Serial abuser of women and murderer of Lana Turner. Wearer of an appalling wig. Currently incarcerated.

Manager-Jimmy Saville

Terrible dresser. Never responded to my Jim'll Fix It letter.

Assistant Manager-Stan Polley

Defrauded a number of his clients, most infamously the members of Badfinger, two of whom committed suicide due to financial difficulties.

Backing Vocals-Bono

You don't wanna know.

Chris De Burgh, for his horribly bland MOR music and for looking like Sofar Sogood from Fortycoats & Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Robbie Williams. The quintessential arsehole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Donald Turniphead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ivan Yates, anyone?

Snotzer - Lead Vocal

Podge & Rodge - Drums and Electric Guitar

Dustin the Turkey - Percusion

Bosco - Backing vocal

RTE CD and Vinyl - The DREGGS ALBUM

Songs include:

Only begrudgers bash
    All Hail the TV License
    Go Smash your 4K TV

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Taylor Swift
    The Paul Brothers (Youtubers)
    Bono
    Gweneth Paltrow
    Anyone who sits outside a women's hospital brandishing tiny coffins
    Hitler
    Kanye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Bob Dylan

Jack White

John Lennon

David Gray

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I just remembered this video of Jamiroquai-has anyone in history ever acted like a bigger arsehole? Look at him saying "lovely" at that woman-what a c*nt...

https://youtu.be/XRKc_AgAniI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Earthhorse wrote: »
    It's great to see all the Blur hate in here.

Damon Albarn genuinely comes across as a psychopath to me.

He is, I have first hand experience. He tried to start a fight with me in the toilets of a lock-in out of nowhere, launching into a rant about how the Irish were this and that... we had been laughing and joking a minute beforehand. Night ended with 4 of us lifting him into a taxi. His minder apologising on his behalf and saying that it's a not too unusual of an occurrence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Amanda Brunker
    Lottie Ryan
    Twink
    Maura Derrane

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Fintan o toole - vocals

Philip boucher hayes - lead guitar

Vincent browne - bass

Joe Duffy - drums

Colm o gorman - keyboards

The cavier bolshoveiks

PARlance wrote: »
    He is, I have first hand experience. He tried to start a fight with me in the toilets of a lock-in out of nowhere, launching into a rant about how the Irish were this and that... we had been laughing and joking a minute beforehand. Night ended with 4 of us lifting him into a taxi. His minder apologising on his behalf and saying that it's a not too unusual of an occurrence.

Probably shouldn't have mouthed off about your Fantasy Football team to him. He's notoriously competitive about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Ellen, there was something about her I never liked. looks like I was right.

Aarron Lambo, who? some idiot I have seen on youtube. tiny guy, loves himself, made a cringy movie about himself no one wanted to see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement