Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hate Sharing Youe Seat ,Bus, Train Etc ?

• 15-11-2015 12:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Sometimes I even sit on the Outside, Piggy Greedy I know !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Sit by the window and when anyone is walking towards you, maintain eye contact, pat the seat beside you and smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

A seat made for two people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

If you don't like it walk or drive, but so long as your on the bus or train move the fcuk over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

A seat made for two people?
    A Double bed is also made for 2 people, But sometimes you just want the lot..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

chillin117 wrote: »

If that's what you tell yourself, who am I to to wazz on your cornflakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I remember there was some aul one who had her bag on the seat beside, as you do, but as the bus fills up you take your bag down because it's the decent thing to do. Not this one though. She held on till the very last, when a lad who must have been near 20 stone gets on and she ends up having sit beside him for a good two hours in a packed bus on one of the hottest days of the year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

If that's what you tell yourself, who am I to to wazz on your cornflakes.
    We could easily chill over a pint

If she is light enough, she could always sit on my lap. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Most people don't use public double beds, but buses are, so long as you've paid for your seat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I hate sharing the Earth. Desert island life is my dream. Like that guy in the TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Haven't been on a bus in years,but when I did I as a youngster I must have released some phermone that attracted Nuns.

I couldn't get on Bus Eireann without a fcukin nun cosying in beside me.

Bitches loved my catholic ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I hate the sweat/grease stains on the headrests. I always lean forward when I'm on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

The person that wants to sit in the seat beside you paid their fare too so shove up! Can be annoying though when you just know they're crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Or when some jammy b*****d sits down beside you who hasn't had a shower for a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

I don't mind someone sitting next to me when it's busy or there are limited seats, but I fecking hate when the bus is almost empty and someone sits next to you. Bugger off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

XplaygirlX wrote: »
    Or when some jammy b*****d sits down beside you who hasn't had a shower for a week!

Or someone who smokes 60 a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

If there's someone spread over two seats I always sit next to them.

It's called Public Transport for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,364 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

When there's very few people on the train I'll take up a couple of seats but as soon as it starts to fill up I'll move in, even if the person across is almost blocking my movement.

There are some jackals with absolutely no manners on the Dart sometimes, the last to move over would be the first to dive into an open seat even if someone is standing closer to the seat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I don't use buses that much but I designed a trick to get hot women to sit next to me when I was younger, when you see a hottie approaching, just remove your bag to allow them to sit down, don't sit too far back. Any ugly women or men and the bag stayed there, you have to do it quick or you could get stuck with the 20 stone guy as pointed out earlier. I employed it with great effect a few times whilst taking buses in Asia and got myself next to a hottie for a 20 hour bus trip. Designated seating on the train usually takes care of these problems now.

I've also gave up my seat several times and stood for old grannies and a few Pregnant women on the LUAS, trains etc. funniest was I gave up my seat recently and a hot Eastern European perched into it and just as I was about to say something the old granny I was giving it up for gave her a bit of a scolding and she jumped out of it like a scalded cat and the old one was a proud as a peacock to get her out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sometimes I even sit on the Outside, Piggy Greedy I know !!
    A quick way to instantly stop people doing this is to sit on their lap.

Advertisement