Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothes for a job interview

• 28-09-2010 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

just looking for some opinions on job interview clothes. First off, im female and the job is in an IT dept in a college.
    I dont have a suit and ive been out of work for a while, so im really strapped for cash at the moment and cant afford it to be honest. I have a really nice pair of black pants and some black boots which i plan to wear....im just wondering what to go with it.

I have some nice V-neck knitted jumpers (i have them in cream, pink and grey) - would that be too casual? Its getting a bit cold to just wear a shirt on its own, but the jumpers are too fine to wear anything apart from a vest underneath. And i dont have any nice jacket to go over a shirt either, just a coat which is a bit wintery looking.

Sorry that this is so long for such a simple question..i just really want this job :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Hi and well done getting the interview :)
    I think for this kind of job you need to look very professional at the interview.
    I know you said you're strapped for cash but I would advise even picking up a shirt in Penneys - something to wear with the black trousers and boots.
    I think a jumper would look too casual.

You need to make this first impression count! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I would wear the shirt and coat - you can take off the coat in reception, you should be plenty warm enough in the shirt alone (or with vest underneath) in the interview room. The jumper sounds too casual.

best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

I'd just get a suit in Penney's or Dunnes. If you are not wearing a suit you won't make a good first impression. I definitely wouldn't go with a jumper - pairing a shirt with the trousers as has been suggested would be more acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

thanks for the suggestion. I went out and bought a shirt today - not too expensive but its nice and fitted and does look a bit more professional with the pants. Hopefully that will be ok ;)

Advertisement