Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting measured for a suit in Dublin

Options
  • 11-01-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

I'm a groomsman for a buddies wedding later this year in Italy and as part of the plan he's getting suits made up for the big day. The problem is he's getting them made in the middle east (where he lives) and I've got to get the measurements to him in the next few weeks.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that would just measure me up for a suit? I'm happy to pay just to be measured I just don't know if anywhere would do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If you go through the online suit ordering you'll find out how, what and where to take measurements. Having someone else there helps but it's not impossible to do alone.
    Try this link for example. http://www.atailoredsuit.com/your-measurements-tailored-suit.html
    This might help too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X85hxSF1A30

Your friend, the groom, should ask his tailor for a list of requirements for you, or at least put you in touch with the tailor. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Cheers for that OldGoat. I have a list of required measurements alright so I should be able to manage it.

I stuck my head into Louis Copelands' on my way home last night and the guy in there advised that I just give him a standard fitting (40R with a 34" waist) as he said I'm a bog standard 40R with no alterations needed.

I'll be getting the suit in March/April when my mate is home for my kids christening so I can try it then and alterations can be made if needed.

Advertisement