Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nerf N-Strike Stampede (Tesco) €15.62 (£39.99 elsewhere)

Options
  • 11-03-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Picked one of these up in Tesco Waterford (Ballybeg) earlier for €15.62. Listed on Tesco Direct for £55 and on Amazon for £39.99. Receipt said "N-Strike Blast" so may be a misprice. Don't know if this is in other stores or just the one I was in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gaza m

Paid over €60 for that gun for my son for his birthday in September, you got a great bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Picked up two of these in Tesco in Douglas today. Thanks OP...but just to point out that they need SIX "D" size batteries and will not fire without them. Searching the interweb to find some rechargeable ones at a good price. Could only reserve 4 packs of 2 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Lindtee, I just wonder will rechargeables work as well as regular batteries - they're 1.2 volts Vs normal 1.5v ... so across 6 batteries you're missing 1.8 volts. Was planning on getting the cheapest pound shop batteries I could find.

Incidentally there was a BA for duracell rechargeables (Ds included) in tescos a while back - not sure if they're still on offer or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

We have the same batteries since last x mas in my lads one so don't panic about rechargeable ones. Great price BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

johnwd wrote: »
    Lindtee, I just wonder will rechargeables work as well as regular batteries - they're 1.2 volts Vs normal 1.5v ... so across 6 batteries you're missing 1.8 volts. Was planning on getting the cheapest pound shop batteries I could find.

Incidentally there was a BA for duracell rechargeables (Ds included) in tescos a while back - not sure if they're still on offer or not.

Warning: Duracell D cells in tesco are basically a AA battery 2200mA or AAA battery 700mA in an adapter casing, a proper D rechargeable should be rate 4400mA or more.

Rechargeables are often better for high current applications despite lower voltage as they have a very small internal resistance and can deliver collossal currents.

• Advertisement

paddyp wrote: »
    Warning: Duracell D cells in tesco are basically a AA battery 2200mA or AAA battery 700mA in an adapter casing, a proper D rechargeable should be rate 4400mA or more.

Rechargeables are often better for high current applications despite lower voltage as they have a very small internal resistance and can deliver collossal currents.

The highest mA I could find in the rechargeable D cells was 2600 (uniross)on mymemory (Would work out at £29 delivered for 6 packs:eek:) or the ones in Argos were Duracell 2200 which were €3.99 each so €24 for 6 packs (but could only reserve 4 packs) Could you advise which ones would be better, or point me in the direction of cheaper ones and/or higher capacity ones. I couldn't find branded non rechargable D cells very much cheaper than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

my son has this gun and we used standard ones from the €2 shop and they worked just fine and last a good while.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

lindtee wrote: »
    The highest mA I could find in the rechargeable D cells was 2600 (uniross)on mymemory (Would work out at £29 delivered for 6 packs:eek:) or the ones in Argos were Duracell 2200 which were €3.99 each so €24 for 6 packs (but could only reserve 4 packs) Could you advise which ones would be better, or point me in the direction of cheaper ones and/or higher capacity ones. I couldn't find branded non rechargable D cells very much cheaper than this.
    Lidl / Aldi usually have >4000mAH D cells for a fiver a pair

Lidl / Aldi usually have >4000mAH D cells for a fiver a pair
    Checked both and they didn't have any:(

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

I usually use 7dayshop.com for batteries and the like. Delivery is expensive at just under £6 and is slow but choice is good and it's less painful if you order in bulk (as I tend to do) - note that prices drop depending on how many of an item you order also.

For example:

Panasonic Ni-Mh Rechargeable - ACCU (3000 mAh) - D Cell - Pack of 2 @ £6.79

Energizer Accu Rechargeable Ni-Mh Batteries - D Cell / LKR20 2500 mAh - 2 Pack @ £6.19

7dayshop's own brand Rechargeable Ni-Mh Batteries - D Cell Size (3000mAh) - Pack of 2 @ £3.89

Hope it helps!
    C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

You could also use AA to D converters, works with rechargeable AAs fine.
    The rechargeable AAs are cheaper and easier to pick up.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/translucent-2-aa-to-d-type-battery-converter-case-47857

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/soshine-aa-to-d-size-battery-convertor-case-3228

I find these AAs the best on DX, they are LSD so hold their charge.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/gp-recyko-2050mah-rechargeable-ni-mh-batteries-4-pack-3725

After picking up 4 packets of the D rechargeables in Argos for €16, I remembered your second post, johnwd, and headed to Tesco on the off chance they might have them, and got 6 packs of the same ones there for €9.(€1.50 each) I then returned the 4 packets back to Argos.....Thanks again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

After picking up 4 packets of the D rechargeables in Argos for €16, I remembered your second post, johnwd, and headed to Tesco on the off chance they might have them, and got 6 packs of the same ones there for €9.(€1.50 each) I then returned the 4 packets back to Argos.....Thanks again:)

Let me know if they work out (still have a fear over the missing voltage) and I'll get some too. A big advantage of the rechargeables over normal batteries is that they are way lighter - mainly because they're mostly air (as a previous poster said they're repackaged AAs)!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A big advantage of the rechargeables over normal batteries is that they are way lighter - mainly because they're mostly air (as a previous poster said they're repackaged AAs)!
    In fairness the Lidl/Aldi ones have always been full spec, there were two packs of 4500 mAH ones in Fonthill Aldi over the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Aldi usually have them 4.99 for two they are 4400mA

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mtkenne2

anyone seem these in rathfarnham/dundrum,tried tallaght,none there:(.
    sons bday end of march and wants one of these,so if anyone comes accross this please let me know.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

None in Maynooth anyway. :(

Our lad wants one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

None in finglas when I was there on sunday

Let me know if they work out (still have a fear over the missing voltage) and I'll get some too. A big advantage of the rechargeables over normal batteries is that they are way lighter - mainly because they're mostly air (as a previous poster said they're repackaged AAs)!

They seem to be working perfectly:) I wouldn't go and get more expensive ones that's for sure. The batteries from the euro shop wouldn't be much cheaper and with the rechargeables you need never get batteries for the guns again. Brings the cost of the guns with rechargeable batteries included to little more than €20 which beats Smyths price of €64.99 any day:pac:

Advertisement